2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Kirpichnikova literally lost her french during her interview. :lol:

How many golds is that now for Ledekey?
Think it's her 7th individual alone, can't be arsed to check. Something like 15 or so?(also misread the question, thought it was medals on general, not gold)

Actually checked, 8 gold. Relay hasn't been productive for her. She's won gold since London, and won 4 in Rio(200m to 800m plus 4x200 relay)

Random question but seeing highlights of the Triathon, will Yee get to keep the banner at the finish line? Something I’ve always wondered whether the winner gets to keep it.

Random question but seeing highlights of the Triathon, will Yee get to keep the banner at the finish line? Something I’ve always wondered whether the winner gets to keep it.
Depends on the event. A former colleague of mine won Bolton Ironman in 2022 and they managed to keep it.

Going to inspire a load of French kids to become swimmers, it's one of the best things about the games.

Being that good in two very different strokes too. Crazy. Both are so technical.

How many golds can Marchand still win in this olympics? I assume he'll do 200 IM and the relays?

Wow. World Record. Body length lead in the 100 free is absolutely insane. Hats off.

How many golds can Marchand still win in this olympics? I assume he'll do 200 IM and the relays?

6 I believe... but I'd hardly count of France's depth to get him relay medals, will be heavily dependent on home Olympics adrenaline. His 4 seem good value to Phelps 5 on an individual level to me though given the circumstances.... the 3 Phelps always got in the relays was basically a birth gift of America's great swimming depth.

Can’t wait for the 50m Freestyle, that’s usually a wild one to watch.

America won Gold in 4*100 freestyle relay but couldn’t win a medal in the 100 freestyle individual race( not even top 5). They just have no real standout talent amongst male swimmers

6 I believe... but I'd hardly count of France's depth to get him relay medals, will be heavily dependent on home Olympics adrenaline. His 4 seem good value to Phelps 5 on an individual level to me though given the circumstances.... the 3 Phelps always got in the relays was basically a birth gift of America's great swimming depth.
Yes, it will be hard to match Phelps because France doesn’t have the depth.

Having said that, the crowd can push the French to gold or at least a medal. It’s unreal!