2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

US seem quite light on golds at the moment. Is that usual? I know they come back strong in the athletics but even them don’t remember them having so few after, what, 5 days?
We’re good at being number 2 so far in this Olympics. Not enough gold in the pool.

From my recollection, that’s unusual. We had 39 gold medals in Tokyo. I can’t see us getting to that number even after the track and field is concluded.

We’re good at being number 2 so far in this Olympics. Not enough gold in the pool.

From my recollection, that’s unusual. We had 39 gold medals in Tokyo. I can’t see us getting to that number even after the track and field is concluded.
Yeah, I’m used to seeing far more golds from the US in the pool.

This is gripping. All around waiting to know the final score :lol:

Yeah, I’m used to seeing far more golds from the US in the pool.
Phelps alone gave us, including in tam competitions, 8 gold in Beijing, for example. We only have 1 or 2 so far in the pool. Ledecky would need to save the day with at least one gold. Still some time, but we won’t have a great showing in the pool.

By the way, is it only me or China is not shinning either so far?

Phelps alone gave us, including in tam competitions, 8 gold in Beijing, for example. We only have 1 or 2 so far in the pool. Ledecky would need to save the day with at least one gold. Still some time, but we won’t have a great showing in the pool.

By the way, is it only me or China is not shinning either so far?
Has there been many medals yet in the technical sports? Like badminton and table tennis etc? That’s usually their forte. They seem to be turning up a lot more in sports they didn’t use to. BMX, swimming come to mind in particular.

Nadal/Alcaraz inching closer to a defeat here.

That final turn, was absolutely electric. He took almost a full body length back under water. Absolutely incredible. My adrenaline shot up like mad there!

Leon Marchand is absolutely incredible. Crazy underwater last 50. Swimming has a new king.

That is an absolutely insane time by Marchand, unreal.

Milak's 5th best time in his career and he's beaten, crazy.

I still find it amazing that in Olympic finals, where fractions of a percent can be the difference, that you can swim two 200m events in an evening. Surely you can't fully recover.

I still find it amazing that in Olympic finals, where fractions of a percent can be the difference, that you can swim two 200m events in an evening. Surely you can't fully recover.
With an atmosphere like that, that carried Marchand for sure.

It’s crazy though, it’s hard to comprehend. But there’s plenty swimmers out there who have done it in the past.

Some really strong swim times today. Throwback to the people complaining about the lack of world records a few days ago, trying to connect it to the food or something.

I don't know how the times compare to earlier Olympics generally, but complaining about the lack of world records was super strange to me. World records in the Olympics is always very unlikely, even in the more record friendly sports like swimming.