2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

The combination of me being an argumentative twat and wanting to savour the Irish gold medal had me watching this footage again today.

Pay close attention from about 30s onwards (overhead and underwater footage) and tell me again that "nobody is using their legs" because it seems pretty clear to me that Wiffen is using his legs a hell of a lot less than basically everyone else.

I barely know anything about swimming but our Belgian commentator mentioned straight away that Wiffen stands out because he doesn't use his legs the first 700m. Didn't say that or mention it again about any other swimmers in that final.

Four of my cable channels showing tennis, 2 showing basketball match between China and Serbia and one showing BMX.

Just read a comment of Facebook

"How come USA did not win a single medal in shooting, when it's their favourite part time sports?"

Djokovic and German Koepfer. Djokovic winning.
Thank you. That’s worth opening the streaming app for then!

Edit: nevermind Djoker just finished it :lol:

"How come USA did not win a single medal in shooting, when it's their favourite part time sports?"
Yeah there’s some very very dark humor jokes that go along with that too.

Because the stupid Olympics won't let you hold a can of Natty Light in one hand while you're shooting.

Thought the Aussie should have scored higher for landing a front flip.

Swimmer and shooter out. Just javelin throw guy left and he is not winning anything.

That's a shame. Do you have an idea why such a large country doesn't have more world class athletes?

There seems to have been quite a few disappointing American performances this first week - gymnasts notwithstanding - with only 4 golds so far. Has the American media been making much of that? No doubt some people will be blaming it on woke.

Anyone else from a country that hasn't scored a medal yet? I'm getting a bit impatient.
Yes but it was expected with the shite sports being first. Will pick up when the real stuff starts and the team events reach the latter stages.

When did your field hockey team stop being good? When I was young they were best in the world. These days India seems to be the only top team from your neck of the woods. It doesn't get played much any more?

I couldn't remember which sport I linked to Pakistan, Field Hockey.

That's a shame. Do you have an idea why such a large country doesn't have more world class athletes?
Pakistan used to be great in Hockey, Boxing and Sailing in Olympics. But love for cricket, incompetent people at helms of affairs has made a mess.

When did your field hockey team stop being good? When I was young they were best in the world. These days India seems to be the only top team from your neck of the woods. It doesn't get played much any more?
1994 was the last time they won world cup and 84 was the last Olympics they won gold medal.

South Korean shooter Kim Yeji