2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Can they appeal over that bump or is that race really over :lol:

What am amazingly tight last lap after how far they've ridden - puncture and ail. Great to watch and rather scary too.

Don't think Koretzky will be too disappointed - gave it his all and he would've been a distant second if not for Pidcock's puncture.

What a ballsy move that was to win gold. The commentator said he’d need to do something special and that was pretty damn special.

The U.S. is just not a match for France in Rugby.

Collins up a set against Woz. Part of me wants her to win a big tournament before she retires.

This french boxer is definitely training near a kebab shop.

Final of team event in men's gymnastics is under way

Best tv sport at the olympics

Man that French guy completely obliterated the competition in the Canoe.
Place 2-5 was separated by like 1 second and he wins by 5 seconds in a run that lasts about 1,5 minutes. That's a winning margin of more than 5%:eek::eek:

Anyone else find themselves uninterested in the main line sports like Football, Tennis and Basketball at the Olympics, they all have more than enough chances to shine, give me all the rest.

Gestin absolutely blitzed everyone on the canoe course

Skateboarding is decent, none of them are wearing any form of safety equipment surprised the amount of falls they take

Anyone else find themselves uninterested in the main line sports like Football, Tennis and Basketball at the Olympics, they all have more than enough chances to shine, give me all the rest.

Most don't care about these sports at the Olympics. It has been a talking point for as long as I can remember. Now for Basketball it could be due to the USA's dominance more than not caring about the sport.

Football can get to feck because we all know it’s not the best of the best. Or even close to that. It should either be full international squad, 100% amateur athletes or not in the olympics at all.

Not sure what the craic is with tennis and basketball.

Watched the first half of the France game the other day and turned to watch something else.

Are the skateboard participants the best in the world?

Or are there still better skaters who don't participate in such competition?

Agreed. The Olympics is not about these sports. I mostly watch other sports, like swimming, track and field, gymnastics, etc.

Most don't care about these sports at the Olympics. It has been a talking point for as long as I can remember. Now for Basketball it could be due to the USA's dominance more than not caring about the sport.

Don't need mega stars like Lebron and co taking the shine from people who might only get one opportunity in their lifetime to perform on a truly world stage. USA drafting in Embiid is pathetic as well given their dominance.

Its always the problem when the Olympics isn't the peak of a sport. This is true of those listed above along with Golf. If you know this isn't the single event the athletes want to win then the Olympics are basically a second rate event.

Don't need mega stars like Lebron and co taking the shine from people who might only get one opportunity in their lifetime to perform on a truly world stage. USA drafting in Embiid is pathetic as well given their dominance.

Not really. Basketball gets quickly bad if you don't have the stars. It's just that like Football or Tennis these sports are massive during the year, so it's not interesting to see them at the Olympics.

Basketball definitely shouldn’t be at the Olympics, or there should at least be a ban on professional players. It’s just so blatantly all about getting American tv viewers interested in the games so the IOC gets more money from selling TV rights. It’s just so cynical.

Tennis and golf shouldn’t be at the games either, for the same reason. I’d like to see 5-a-side football or futsal at the Olympics though, instead of the 11-a-side game

Basketball definitely shouldn’t be at the Olympics, or there should at least be a ban on professional players. It’s just so blatantly all about getting American tv viewers interested in the games so the IOC gets more money from selling TV rights. It’s just so cynical.

Tennis and golf shouldn’t be at the games either, for the same reason. I’d like to see 5-a-side football or futsal at the Olympics though, instead of the 11-a-side game

A sevens in football on a full size pitch with professional players would be amazing. Rugby sevens is great, but how to handle the keeper would need some thought.

A sevens in football on a full size pitch with professional players would be amazing. Rugby sevens is great, but how to handle the keeper would need some thought.

Why make up something when Futsal exists, is entertaining and lack exposure?

Why make up something when Futsal exists, is entertaining and lack exposure?

The full size pitch aspect makes a big difference, at least it does in rugby when I compare 15's in rugby against 7's and 11-aside football against futsal

T20 cricket should be great in 2028.

The full size pitch aspect makes a big difference, at least it does in rugby when I compare 15's in rugby against 7's and 11-aside football against futsal

That's not the point, the rules of Sevens are different. The point is that Sevens is a very old code and it's played a lot in countries that play rugby, even Union players are familiar with it because it's commonly used during the year as a training session and kids tend to play it alongside flag Rugby. Using Sevens at the Olympics makes sense because it's one of the three normal codes, now making up a discpline for the Olympics is in my opinion weird and unnecessary when Football has existing codes.

Well that's a rather ridiculous take regarding basketball

That's not the point, the rules of Sevens are different. The point is that Sevens is a very old code and it's played a lot in countries that play rugby, even Union players are familiar with it because it's commonly used during the year as a training session and kids tend to play it alongside flag Rugby. Using Sevens at the Olympics makes sense because it's one of the three normal codes, now making up a discpline for the Olympics is in my opinion weird and unnecessary when Football has existing codes.
It's also not a full sized pitch for 7s is it? So going 7 a side on a full sized pitch for football would be ridiculous. It would just be goal after goal with that much space to cover