2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

https://www.foxsports.com.au/olympi...m/news-story/3d2285b35069e155e4de856ac3950396

Complete bonkers so far. They're agressively pushing certain agendas to the cost of sportsmen performances.
That's just insane. No conditions for top athletes. And it's going to have the detrimental effect of making athletes of poorer delegations have worse nutrition than rich ones. Team GB, USA, China, Japan etc can certainly have their own chefs and food supply. Cannot imagine Honduras, Malawi or Turkmenistan having the same.

I find it so weird that Paris of all cities adopted the non-sex bed. All that showing off in the ceremony about the 'city of love' makes it even more hypocritical. Who cares if athletes have sex? Just have a don't show, don't tell policy in place.

That's just insane. No conditions for top athletes. And it's going to have the detrimental effect of making athletes of poorer delegations have worse nutrition than rich ones. Team GB, USA, China, Japan etc can certainly have their own chefs and food supply. Cannot imagine Honduras, Malawi or Turkmenistan having the same.

I find it so weird that Paris of all cities adopted the non-sex bed. All that showing off in the ceremony about the 'city of love' makes it even more hypocritical. Who cares if athletes have sex? Just have a don't show, don't tell policy in place.
Yeah I mean, is sex forbidden in Olmypics or what? And as you say its completely hypcritical, in the opening ceremony there was a scene where 3 people are playing catch or whatever in a library and then close the door to the camera in the sense of going at it in the end of the scene (promotion of love I guess), yet athletes are given cardboard beds not to have sex.

Last edited:
Yeah I mean, is sex forbidden in Olmypics or what? And as you say its completely hypcritical, in the opening ceremony there was a scene where 3 people are playing catch or whatever in a library and then close the door to the camera in the sense of going at it in the end of the scene (promotion of love I guess), yet athletes are given cardboard beds not to have sex.

Most other countries have provided condoms because they know its going to happen so better that people are safe.

Athletes are saying that the non-sex beds are fake news. The food issue does seem a bit bonkers though. Athletes need to eat.

So, two insanely fit people are just about to have sex but suddenly - oh no , that's an anti-sex bed we have here. Alas...

Has there ever been an Olympian who’s got more media coverage for so few gold medals as Tom Daley? Even when he’s not competing he has to make it all about him with his fecking knitting.

Croatian waterpolo team coach said they're getting cheese and pattees for meals which is not really adequate.

Food is meant to be garbage with 2/3 vegan stuff that very few athletes will eat. Polo players have very high calorie needs with high carbs when in comp and very high protein.

If they think shit beds is going to stop the athletes drinking and screwing after they finish competition then they plainly don't know athletes. Or humans.

Last edited:

It's so funny that people believe the no sex thing. Literally anything goes, just make a claim and the world will buy it.

I believe it was a thing in some previous Olympics, and is now just parroted by default.

It wasn't real in 2021, either. The beds are not as comfortable as athletes are used to, being made out of cardboard to save money and for environmental reasons, and there were fake rumours about the beds breaking in the case of sudden movement.

Apparently the best athletes in the world all turn into The Princess and the Pea when it comes to sex.

It wasn't real in 2021, either. The beds are not as comfortable as athletes are used to, being made out of cardboard to save money and for environmental reasons, and there were fake rumours about the beds breaking in the case of sudden movement.

Apparently the best athletes in the world all turn into The Princess and the Pea when it comes to sex.
Not in Tokyo . It was some of the older games , but maybe I am misremembering. Either way it's an absurd notion.

Daft thing to say on commentary but getting sacked for that seems slightly over the top. PC gone mad.
It was fecking idiotic and wildly sexist so no surprise he isn't continuing to commentate on women's sport.

Not in Tokyo . It was some of the older games , but maybe I am misremembering. Either way it's an absurd notion.

It was for sure a Tokyo thing, and it's the same type of bed as from there.

It might also have been an older rumour that I don't know about, though a quick Google only returns results about Paris and Tokyo.

The commentators saying that when one entry is slightly off they lose synchro marks as well. Seems a bit harsh because you'll get dinged on execution as well.
Has there ever been an Olympian who’s got more media coverage for so few gold medals as Tom Daley? Even when he’s not competing he has to make it all about him with his fecking knitting.
Tbh, I kind of think the opposite. I do get strong Tim Henman vibes from Daley, loved by the female middle class, but he's consistently won olympic medals in a sport we had absolutely no pedigree in.

Anyone get the feeling this is going to be a disappointing olympics for GB?

The Chinese athletes are relentless when it comes to diving. Nothing could be done today to beat them. Great effort from the British pair and a very well deserved medal.

The commentators saying that when one entry is slightly off they lose synchro marks as well. Seems a bit harsh because you'll get dinged on execution as well.

Tbh, I kind of think the opposite. I do get strong Tim Henman vibes from Daley, loved by the female middle class, but he's consistently won olympic medals in a sport we had absolutely no pedigree in.
The opposite?? You think there should be *more* Tom Daley coverage?? :eek:

I get what you mean about him doing well in a sport we don’t traditionally do well in, but look at Max Whitlock - not only the greatest GB gymnast of all time, but one of the best gymnasts in history (at pommel anyway) and he never got nearly as much attention as Daley does every four years, even when he was winning multiple golds.

And Daley (and his long forgotten partner) weren’t even the first GB divers to win an Olympic gold - Laugher and Mears (who and who??) were in 2016.

Anyone get the feeling this is going to be a disappointing olympics for GB?
It's always difficult to know until the velodrome starts, the bulk of our medals are usually there with a few in swimming, sailing and equestrian and a couple in other events.

Is diving the sport where all the women are thicc and nice, or has instagram recommendations tricked me? Not near a TV now, so can't fact check.

I take it the Chinese are the ones to beat in diving
Except you can't beat them. Seriously the 8th best diving due in China is the 8th best in the world. It is dominance on a level that makes no sense. Only international rules limiting the numbers of athletes that can qualify from each country have prevented them to win every diving medal in every event for the past 15-20 years. Which also gives the others the occasional chance at gold