2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

From the swimming:

"Spare a thought for Max Litchfield. He has his head in his hands. That's the third time in a row he has finished fourth at the Olympics."

Brutal.

Murray and Evans saving 5 match points in the most dramatic manner. Pretty much sums up Murray’s entire career.

Edit: And they win. Absolutely incredible

Sorry but that’s fcuking ridiculous! I wonder what odds you’d have got on Murray/Evans at 9-3 in the tie break.

I know a lot here won’t particularly care about tennis, but I feel lucky to have watched that.

Thought that was Murrays last game, how did they turn that around?!

Just hope he can stay injury free

Really thought he was on for a WR there, crowd are really up for it as well, should be a decent night for the swimming events.
Incredible swim! Seems a really cool dude too! Loved his celebrations with the fans!

Not caught any of the games so far, will try and catch all the Weightlifting sessions. Womens 71, Mens 73 and Mens 89 should be banging. Womens 81+ will be good for Team GB as Emily should hopefully get silver, but the gold will be significantly ahead.

Ah that was so close, unlucky Peaty, nothing in between all three of them there.

Wonder if he will carry on swimming, especially if he's been having all these mental health battles

Thought he had it until the last quarter of the race

Peaty could have easily won it.
He qualified for the final with the best time: 58.86 and Martinenghi won the gold with 59.03

He definitely underperformed.

Hmm, still no gold for GB. Our bitter rivals Kazakhstan making us look like chumps at the moment. I thought Peaty was going to be our first, but it looks like he’s well past his peak. So who is the safest bet for GB’s first gold? Those horse wankers?

He qualified for the final with the best time: 58.86 and Martinenghi won the gold with 59.03

I don’t know it’s all just to close to call, fine margins really, 0.02 is just luck some times.

0.02 - come one, that’s the slimmest of margins. We’re talking half a stroke, sometimes it’s just a bit unlucky. To say he underperformed is crazy - there was nothing in it.

His greatness alone has made that final look like it was brutally slow and he should have coasted to winning it. But he's older and taken time off and he genuinely could have won it, just down to fine margins. His true rival going into this finished.... 7th. Must be one of the biggest outsiders wins in this Olympics so far.

His greatness alone has made that final look like it was brutally slow and he should have coasted to winning it. But he's older and taken time off and he genuinely could have won it, just down to fine margins. His true rival going into this finished.... 7th. Must be one of the biggest outsiders wins in this Olympics so far.
Not really. Martinenghi was bronze in Tokyo and has medaled in this race consistently for years. Past world champion too. He was always one of the possible winners if Peaty wasn't Peaty

and the final was brutally slow. The breaststroke has been slow in this pool, several swimmers have complained about it. Too shallow apparently

200m women fs promises to be an all timer. The aussie girls are aliens

0.02 - come one, that’s the slimmest of margins. We’re talking half a stroke, sometimes it’s just a bit unlucky. To say he underperformed is crazy - there was nothing in it.
I think you need longer strokes :p It is about 4cm.

Not really. Martinenghi was bronze in Tokyo and has medaled in this race consistently for years. Past world champion too. He was always one of the possible winners if Peaty wasn't Peaty

and the final was brutally slow. The breaststroke has been slow in this pool, several swimmers have complained about it. Too shallow apparently

200m women fs promises to be an all timer. The aussie girls are aliens

You could get him at 50/1 before the semi's... is there really any other winner or even medallist that has come close to those odds, as I said, "so far" ?

They've completely butchered Weightlifting this Olympics. Only 5 weight categories is fecking nuts.

61kg
73kg
89kg
102kg
102+kg

You could get him at 50/1 before the semi's... is there really any other winner or even medallist that has come close to those odds, as I said, "so far" ?
That's because of Peaty and Qin. The expectation was those two could swim low 58s or under, which wasn't the case as it turned out. Also, odd makers can screw up sometimes

That's because of Peaty and Qin. The expectation was those two could swim low 58s or under, which wasn't the case as it turned out. Also, odd makers can screw up sometimes

Still don't know what you were referring to with your "not really" now since it seems you agree? Bit confused.

Still don't know what you were referring to with your "not really" now since it seems you agree? Bit confused.
Eh you're right, was thinking about other upsets and near upsets happening so far but none resulted in a gold medal i think

Do Olympic swimming pools have a shallow end and a deep end or is the whole pool level?
They do indeed, the second leg is toward the deep end so they have a bit of downhill momentum.

They've completely butchered Weightlifting this Olympics. Only 5 weight categories is fecking nuts.

61kg
73kg
89kg
102kg
102+kg

I have been following China and it's been a nightmare to manage in the last years. Tian Tao and Li Dayin who are both great in their weightclass have been sidelined. The only positive is that Gigachad went up to the -102kg and has been great.

Man, I was already wondering yesterday why surfing is so late and whether this is a recording because it is already dark in France. Didn't bother to check and only now realized they're doing it in one of their overseas colonies.

Twitter does not have a point.

It's not about which religion is the most tolerant, but which culture it is embedded in. And Christianity is embedded in western culture where satirical and transgressive art is embraced. But by all means, wet the bed over a few drag queens posing like a da vinci painting.
1)Is there any evidence of transgressive art against any other religions at that scale?
2) would you hold the same opinion if someone does a “transgressive “ art on say LGBTQI +? Or body shaming art? Because consistency is important here