2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Someone's obviously warned them about the carpet :lol:

Interesting some are wearing their medals and some aren't

Marchand is probably still walking :lol:

Breaking final was amazing. Time for a little rant

Still can't believe the lame LA 2028 organizers didn't continue breaking and picked cricket, lacrosse, squash and flag football as local sports. Lacrosse is only played in rich elite high schools in California and is far more an Easy Coast elite boarding school sport than anything inherent to LA and unlike breaking it heavily favors people growing up wealthy. Flag football is just silly but I get that its where some people think American Football will evolve into but still its not even close to played around the world to make it worthy of an Olympic sport. Squash? give me a fecking break. And cricket should not be a local sport pick for Los Angeles. No one in Los Angeles plays fecking cricket. If they want that to be an Olympic sport then do it but having Los Angeles pick cricket is frankly insane. Breaking is far more inherent to Los Angeles culture and history than any of those (unless you count flag football as practice for tackle football)
I hear you. But I'm an old man yelling at clouds, and breaking gave a gold medal to a 30 year old who calls himself PHIL WIZARD. I cannot possibly take that sport seriously. Come on

NBC is busy with ads. It’s Progressive and Target now. Yeah, that’s what I’m here for…

I'm feeling more French every second that goes by. And by that I mean I am now a novice painter and an above average lovemaker.

Sounds like you are enjoying a good bottle of French wine, if there is such a thing.

So with the Olympics over what was the highlight and biggest disappointment for your nation?

For Denmark, I'd say the highlight was seeing Viktor Axelsen dominate his way to another gold medal in Badminton. Completely masterful performance, and he has now gone two Olympics in a row without losing a set.

As for the biggest disappointment, I would say only getting a single bronze medal across all cycling events was a let-down. It was certainly nice to see Michael Mørkøv taking a medal in his final outing, but I had hoped for more, including Mads Pedersen doing better on the road.
Mondo was the most epic moment.

Gutted that boxing is being omitted from the Olympics for watered down version of American football and Cricket
I didn't think these things were connected. My understanding was boxing will be back if they can sort out the row.

Gutted that boxing is being omitted from the Olympics for watered down version of American football and Cricket
I thought boxing gets back in if the national boxing associations form a new international structure to run it.

It is so odd though, you would have thought they would have debuted breaking at L.A.
I’ve read somewhere that there’s quite a lot of people within the breakdancing community, who I assume are largely American, who don’t like the fact that it’s an Olympic sport, and dislike the scoring system they use etc, so perhaps the LA organisers didn’t want the controversy

I’ve read somewhere that there’s quite a lot of people within the breakdancing community, who I assume are largely American, who don’t like the fact that it’s an Olympic sport, and dislike the scoring system they use etc, so perhaps the LA organisers didn’t want the controversy
Didn't know that.

I wonder if team USA will field a cricket team.
They jointly (with West Indies) hosted the T20 world cup a couple of months ago.

By the way that actually raises a question, in international cricket, the West Indian nations have a single cricket team, wonder how they'd turn out in the Olympics where they compete as individual nations.

Why do the marathon runners have the podium during the closing ceremony?

They jointly (with West Indies) hosted the T20 world cup a couple of months ago.

By the way that actually raises a question, in international cricket, the West Indian nations have a single cricket team, wonder how they'd turn out in the Olympics where they compete as individual nations.

They'll send one team, chosen by some form of qualifying tournament, from the sounds of it.

"I am quite sure that the West Indies Board, along with the ICC, will have some form of qualification tournament to determine who will represent the West Indies region, or the Caribbean region in T20 cricket," CANOC secretary general Brian Lewis said.
https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1141945/west-indies-welcome-olympic-cricket-la28

I hate when they turn the crowd down / don’t give you the stadium sound

Still subject to confirmation, but ICC (Cricket's governing body) has initially proposed just the top ranked six teams for Cricket in LA28.

So USA will not be a part of it I'm afraid, and several major cricketing nations will miss out as well.