2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Still subject to confirmation, but ICC (Cricket's governing body) has initially proposed just the top ranked six teams for Cricket in LA28.

So USA will not be a part of it I'm afraid, and several major cricketing nations will miss out as well.
Looks like we’ve got some butt kicking to do between now & then

Still subject to confirmation, but ICC (Cricket's governing body) has initially proposed just the top ranked six teams for Cricket in LA28.

So USA will not be a part of it I'm afraid, and several major cricketing nations will miss out as well.
An olympic event with only 6 nations competing would be awful.

:lol: they haven't shown him since the start :lol:

Must be a special feeling to be able to receive your medal in front of everyone, surprised she wasn't one of the flag bearers unless she couldn't because she was needed for the ceremony

An olympic event with only 6 nations competing would be awful.
Agreed. Hopefully they will increase it to at least 10. If you take current rankings..

Top 6: Aus, India, Eng, a Caribbean nation, SA, NZ
Missing out: Pak (!), SL, BD, Afg, Zim, Scot, Ireland, Ned, etc.

Was it a different version of the Dutch anthem? Swear it sounds different when they regularly play it for Max at the F1

This alien visitor to Earth in the far distant future is about to discover that United are still just 2 or 3 signings away from mounting a serious title challenge

You usually see this high concept arty farty stuff in the opening ceremony, with the closing ceremony more of a light, fun dance party. Paris has done it the other way round

Greatest opening and closing combination that I’ve ever seen. The organizers avoided the repetition of two ceremonies in the same place.

If they wanted to depress everyone, they’ve done a good job.