2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/o...chiles-olympics-lose-bronze-medal-sister.html

Chiles came third in the event after her score of 13.666, which had initially placed her fifth, was bumped up by 0.1 following an appeal from the US coach.

But, in a bombshell ruling today, the Court of Arbitration of Sport ruled the judging panel were wrong to allow Chiles' score to be increased and said the initial finishing order should be restored.

Chiles took to Instagram to say she was removing herself from social media 'for my mental health', while her teammate Biles said: 'Sending you so much love Jordan. Keep your chin up Olympic champ! We love you!'

Elsewhere, Chiles' sister Jazmin issued a scathing response to the controversy, writing on Instagram on Saturday 'Please keep Jordan (and my family) in your prayers. Racism is real, it exists, it is alive and well.'

Did i understand this correctly.. So it was the correct decision to bump up the score of her difficult rating on appeal (which the judges missed in the first place?). Just that the appeal came outside the one minute appeal window by four seconds??

Very harsh.

I'm not a basketball fan but that final wanted me to get into the sport (I won't because of time difference) but Steph Curry at the end was phenomenal. The no.32 for France was incredible too.

She deserved that for not just accepting 4th
I don’t think there was ever a question of her settling. She’s one of the best 800m runners in the world so always had that kick. Another 10 metres and she could have passed the Australian for silver.

I'm not a basketball fan but that final wanted me to get into the sport (I won't because of time difference) but Steph Curry at the end was phenomenal. The no.32 for France was incredible too.
Time difference doesn’t have to be the dealbreaker. Euroleague is a decent comp nowadays.

I can see why you might think that but no about the last thing you can accuse her of is not being sufficiently in to breakdancing.

https://researchers.mq.edu.au/en/persons/rachael-gunn

That’s gas. I wonder why she won all those competitions when she’s so bad at breakdancing? The Olympics must have been one hell of a reality check. Although someone who is that knowledgeable about it must surely have realised, pretty early on, that she can’t really do it?

So China on 39 golds. USA on 38.

I know USA has a great chance in the woman’s basketball tomorrow. And also in the gold medal match vs Italy in the volleyball.

What’s on the cards for China?
China have chance for one more whereas US have got 3 fair chances, if I look at the schedule for today

Netherlands having their greatest ever Olympics, with 14 gold medals so far. They could overtake GB in the medal table later today. Not bad for a country a third of the size of the UK.

Incredible for Hassan! Just wow! I just read about her and she moved to Netherlands when 15 from Ethiopia. Just was curious what is it with Ethiopians and long distance running excellence? Just crazy correlation.

Time difference doesn’t have to be the dealbreaker. Euroleague is a decent comp nowadays.
I didn't even think of that to be honest, maybe I'll give that a go.
Spoiler alert: it's great, but it's a lot like the CL. In the end, Real Madrid wins

I watch most of the NBA through re-runs or I record the games. Only really try to stay up for the finals. Also Sundays they have games at 8/9 pm CET, usually big games too.
Incredible for Hassan! Just wow! I just read about her and she moved to Netherlands when 15 from Ethiopia. Just was curious what is it with Ethiopians and long distance running excellence? Just crazy correlation.
Genetics, evolved from living at high altitude, plus lots of interest and investment. Don't know why Bolivia, Perù, Ecuador, etc don't invest more in the sport

Netherlands having their greatest ever Olympics, with 14 gold medals so far. They could overtake GB in the medal table later today. Not bad for a country a third of the size of the UK.
Nice one! Currently top 10 among medals pr. capita. Fairly well spread out across disciplines and events too.

It's extraordinary. Even completing the three events is incredible - but the win coming after the bronze medals is brilliant.

Terrible start to the omnium for Neah Evans, finishing last in the scratch race after crashing. Wasn’t going to win a medal anyway so not a huge loss. Hopefully Finucane can do the business in the sprint though

Spanish competitor in the pentathlon eliminated because the horse that she is assigned by luck of the draw refused to jump

Katie Archibald’s injury really was a game changer. At best feels like we’ll get 2 golds in track cycling now.

In general I like the BBC coverage, unlike others, but one gripe is how often they have former athletes still very close to the camp who aren’t able to objectively comment. Laura Kenny’s 8 golds prediction at the start of the velodrome looks totally ridiculous now. The athletics is the best because Michael Johnson is so honest and Denise Lewis is experienced enough and distanced enough not to get carried away either.

There should be serious questions about the coaching staff in GB cycling, the tactics have been awful all week. Only won gold in the event which had pure speed with less tactics

Emily Campbell with a potential silver or bronze in the weightlifting this morning. Her silver in Tokyo was a fantastic achievement, two times Olympic medallist would be unreal.