2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

GUpNqTyWgAEj3ue

Jesus that’s clear domination by the Americans there

Do refs ever spot head kicks in taekwondo? Also why did the ref have to review after giving the Turkish fighter a standing count?

First 14 days: 1-1-1
Super Saturday: 3-0-2

Probably our greatest day ever (even including winter games where we win everything).

These refs have money on France. The French have been incredibly physical but mostly getting away with it.

These refs have money on France. The French have been incredibly physical but mostly getting away with it.

I'm not watching but FIBA rules make the game more physical. The refereeing in some game that have involved the US have been way too close to the NBA.

I'm not watching but FIBA rules make the game more physical. The refereeing in some game that have involved the US have been way too close to the NBA.

Anthony Davis has gotten tackled a couple times with no call.

The high jump gold will cost them and they’ll lose for the first time since Beijing. Incredible
They won't. Basketball are locks and Valente will take care of business in the Omnium. They just need gold in wrestling with that beast who suplexed someone into unconsciousness

Also they very much can take gold in Volleyball

I'm still amazed that McEwen didn't just take the gold though. Massive uncnsciouss don't-know-your-limits moment there

Got my hopes up after we took the first round in both taekwondo matches, but opponents too good

Another v strong medal haul from GB, but they will be quietly disappointed with 14 golds. Lowest number since Athens if it stays like that.

If you exclude the 1908 games, which you probably should, GB now have the most bronzes they’ve ever got at an Olympics, 27 (22 was the previous record), and we just need one more silver to equal the record number of silvers (23). Team GB have never been better at almost but not quite winning gold :+1:

I think US have already done enough in the basketball. I mean they're on course to win this easily

Did they share the golds?
Silver for Britain. Not sure if you watched it but the two fighters were just really respectful to one another, even complimenting good hits during the match. At one point the Brit got his toe caught and the Iranian guy could've taken advantage but didn't - just wanted a fair fight.

Can't see it happening for China this time but hopefully shouldn't be too much longer until USA being capable of topping the table is consigned to history.

Another v strong medal haul from GB, but they will be quietly disappointed with 14 golds. Lowest number since Athens if it stays like that.
Haven’t dominated the track cycling like in previous years with only 1 gold medal where it has been 6+ in previous Olympics.

If you exclude the 1908 games, which you probably should, GB now have the most bronzes they’ve ever got at an Olympics, 27 (22 was the previous record), and we just need one more silver to equal the record number of silvers (23). Team GB have never been better at almost but not quite winning gold :+1:
I think the overall consistency is more important, the cycling team lacks superstars and so the number of golds were always going to go down