2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Quite simple really - do you think a country with 0 golds and 20 bronzes should rank higher than a country with 19 golds and 0 bronzes?

An argument could be made for a points system though, but tbf there isn't an official medal competition between countries at the Olympics anyway.
Well if that ever happens, then I’ll look at it.

But in reality, take 2020 for instance…
Japan had: 27 G / 14 S / 17 B (58)
Britain had: 22 G / 20 S / 22 B (64)

In my humble opinion, Britain had a better Olympics and should’ve been 3rd on the table.

Should a country with 1 gold and 0 silver rank higher than a country with 0 gold and 100 silvers?

The argument to absurdity can work both ways..
Actually when you say it like that... I still think it should yes. Winning is paramount.

Given America just about got near world record, does that not mean everyone else ran really badly?

Such a shame they didn't set WR, so close. I guess if they had any competition that would be WR by almost half second.

Sydney McLaughlin-Levrone really should’ve run the 400. That was an insane leg.

A funny thing about Weightlifting the heavyweights are obviously way more powerful than the rest but they also have way cleaner technique.

Pft. You should count medals by population size/finances. By that count USA and China both suck major donkey arse and the Olympics are won by Saint Lucia or Dominica

So after this woman’s 4x400 it could be 37-37 for golds between the US and China? (If the US win of course). What is the medal outlook for both for the rest of the evening?

Well, we have both basketball games. :o

GUpNqTyWgAEj3ue

@antk @JPRouve - I actually only learned that it was totally based on golds during the last Olympics while posting on here.

In an exchange with @Bertie Wooster about folks questioning the U.S. coverage in 2021 showing the table based on total medals won:
Wait, people are mad about that?

:lol: What!?
I thought it’s always been based on total medals :nervous:
Explains why I’ve always thought it was done that way then.

And yeah, I agree with you. Silver and Bronze aren’t chopped liver.

McGowan so unlucky in this fight, clear head kick but review already used. No idea how they miss this stuff