2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Gibo is shattered and likely out of the final :wenger:

Seriously incredible bad luck for him when it comes to the olympics

Trinidadian rider had a really nasty crash in the velodrome. Fortunately it looked like he was conscious when they took him out of the building

GUo2Mt6WcAAfmFF

100m Hurdles final

Masai (US) 12:33
Cyrena (FRA)12:34
Jasmine (PUR) 12:36

Nadine & Grace 12:43

This is slow and also obviously overcrowded.... could be a messy ending here.

Great control in that one, assertive throughout.... helped keep it from being a mess too with solid communication throughout. Well earned gold that.

those high jump fellas are unnatural. I have played volleyball before, where the net is 2,43m.... to think these guys are clearing almost that is weird

those high jump fellas are unnatural. I have played volleyball before, where the net is 2,43m.... to think these guys are clearing almost that is weird

I know - where does the power come from for their jumps? Just crazy to watch..

Incredible run from Georgia bell, great effort from Laura Muir as well. British record for Bell and a PB for Muir

They're appealing but I doubt anything will come out of it. At least they're trying. Replays clearly show she didn't go out of bounds. No one's saying anything and it'll probably be swept under the rug. Watching that "competition" and the judo a few days earlier really soured me on the Olympics. 0 morals, full blown politics and hypocrisy.
Hey, cheer up a bit. The CAS stripped Chiles of Bronze today.

Great bronze and sublime effort from Muir who absolutely stuck to her game plan. Can't fault that one from a Team GB perspective, the winner is legendary.

What happens in the high jump if multiple people can’t clear the same height 3 times?

Faith kipyegon won the 1500 in Rio with 4 minutes 9 seconds, then ran 3:53 in Tokyo to win and now 3:51

What happens in the high jump if multiple people can’t clear the same height 3 times?

Goes on countback - whoever has failed less earlier heights wins. If they are still level there should be a jump off.

Goes on countback - whoever has failed less earlier heights wins. If they are still level there should be a jump off.
Thanks. Why was there a shared gold last Olympics? They were tied on failures and agreed to not have a jump off?

The athlete with the fewest misses at the last cleared height.

If that is same as well, there's a jump off between them, or like famously in Tokyo ( Bashim and Tamberi agreed to share gold)