2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

I’m biased as feck but I agree. Not sure how it holds up against the blue riband, run fastest, jump highest, events but I can’t think of any other Olympic sport that - for someone who’s never watched before - has the same combination of being easy to follow and incredibly impressive to watch. Puts the paltry 4 medals allocated in perspective. Only needs 2 more to have all three climbing 3 events properly represented. Some really elite boulderers/lead climbers missed out because of the combined format. You could cancel two of those cycling round and round indoors events and nobody would notice.

I also think climbing could have a team event. Best total score from a country's top 4-5 climbers for instance.

Been saying this for days. France hit their top form in time, and they are better than everyone else when they do
Not much of a contest in the end, we made it look closer than it really was toward the end of the third set but France controlled the game otherwise. Our guys looked very stressed.

GB’s Cunningham through to the semis in the taekwondo, so in with a chance of a medal. They need to improve the on-screen graphics for this sport. They need to show that someone is ahead on minor hits if the main score is 0-0. Apart from that it’s just really difficult for an outsider to understand what actually counts as a scoring hit

While beating Italy and Poland 6-0.
in Tokyo they were basically out at the pool stage. Went through by luck, got Poland in the QF who were supposed to swat them aside. Turned intp mutants, won on tie-break and went on to win gold

6 olympic medals, tied with USSR, Brazil and USA for most medals, 0 gold(the others have 3 3 each). France's best finish before Tokyo was 8th. Now they have 2 gold medals

Make that make sense :wenger: (at least Giani got the gold medal he should have won in the 90s - fecking Dutch. Nigel Powers is right)

At least our women are medaling. Probably silver, since the 'murricans are the champs, their nerves will hold better, even though we're the better team with the best player in the world. A historic result nevertheless

Also, why do Norway have a 45 year old Karen playing in handball?

Yeah, she definitely has had better days. Kennedy hit that perfectly though. It’s literally the logo

USA_Wrestling_logo.jpg

I saw that Australian breakdancer. Was that a joke played on us or...?

A chinese diver is out of medal contention in the 10m platform! And the other is actually being pushed by a japanese guy for gold!

Norway's decision to motivate their handball players by putting their mum in goal pays dividends!

Well done Norway, it's a great sending off gift for the grandma.