2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

And reactions and athleticism. Weird to name that, yeah
I only learnt during this Olympics that the bat they use has two different kinds of surfaces and they twirl it around in their wrists according to the shots they want to play, in the milliseconds they get between each shot. Highly technical sport.

I only learnt during this Olympics that the bat they use has two different kinds of surfaces and they twirl it around in their wrists according to the shots they want to play, in the milliseconds they get between each shot. Highly technical sport.
I remember noticing this when playing as a teenager and feeling like a pro for choosing one side to serve and the other for general play

Womens climbing final already with shit bouldering setting ffs. Deliberately designed to screw over Ai Mori.

Emile Cairess did amazing to finish fourth in the marathon. Only the third time he’s run the distance apparently. GB are really racking up these fourth place finishes though

You call the table tennis racket a... bat?

This competition is very open now, 6-7 can medal. Mcneice had two real close attempts at 25 in the last one, would have been such a game changer

I don’t think there’s a clearer demonstration of how muscle memory works than bouldering. They’ll take multiple attempts on a tricky move, but then once they’ve done it successfully, they’ll be able to do it quickly without even thinking from that point on.

The only thing I can think of that’s similar is when you’re playing a video game and you keep getting stuck on the same bit, until you manage to do it once, then it’s easy.

That suplex from Blades was impressive but also dangerous. :(

I don’t think there’s a clearer demonstration of how muscle memory works than bouldering. They’ll take multiple attempts on a tricky move, but then once they’ve done it successfully, they’ll be able to do it quickly without even thinking from that point on.

The only thing I can think of that’s similar is when you’re playing a video game and you keep getting stuck on the same bit, until you manage to do it once, then it’s easy.

It’s a very cool feeling. Something goes from impossible to easy, instantly. And stays that way. Never experienced it in any other sports, where making hard stuff seem easy takes years of training.

Superb effort from Mcneice but she just had a lot of struggle in the early climbs and can’t see her getting a medal now