2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

What medal is KJT currently likely to get if both her and nearest rival perform to form?
Silver.

She's too far ahead for the others to catch her but she needs to finish 8" in front of Thiam in the 800m which is an uphill battle.

Also Zareh is doing really well and looking good. Into semi later this aft.
He worked the Canadian and yes, is looking good.

He’s got his work cut out for him in this tournament though. The Turk is a world champ and former Olympic champion and the Georgian is a world champ and Olympic silver medalist - he’d be a champ too if it weren’t for our retired 125kg Gable Steveson taking him downs with 0.2 seconds on the clock

And Thiam leads by 121 points now. Feels like it would take a problem for Thiam for KJT to win this.
KJT will need to trip her up or work those elbows like the 5,000m ladies…

Still, a silver behind Thiam is certainly no disgrace for KJT, especially as she’s had a difficult season up to how.

All down to Sorato now. Hope he fecks it, but he's looked absolutely class so far think it's his to win.

He worked the Canadian and yes, is looking good.

He’s got his work cut out for him in this tournament though. The Turk is a world champ and former Olympic champion and the Georgian is a world champ and Olympic silver medalist - he’d be a champ too if it weren’t for our retired 125kg Gable Steveson taking him downs with 0.2 seconds on the clock
For sure - it is a stacked weight

Seems like Anraku was too defensive there? Ran out of steam from taking it slow. Looked like he was at least 30-40 seconds behind the rest at the 60 point mark.

It’s so close between GB and France on the medal table now. Beating the neighbours at their home Olympics would certainly go a long way to making up for some of the disappointments these last 2 weeks

Seems like Anraku was too defensive there? Ran out of steam from taking it slow. Looked like he was at least 30-40 seconds behind the rest at the 60 point mark.

He made a mess of the middle section. The one with the pockets. He was clearly goosed from that point onwards.

I actually think his main problem was that he worked harder than Toby in the bouldering. Burned so much energy on the paddle dyno. And not enough time to recover between events.

He made a mess of the middle section. The one with the pockets. He was clearly goosed from that point onwards.

I actually think his main problem was that he worked harder than Toby in the bouldering. Burned so much energy on the paddle dyno. And not enough time to recover between events.
Fair play, you called it.

I was channelling my inner match day thread freak out assuming Sorato was going to win.

Absolutely brutal sport. Anraku did better than Roberts in every round up until the last lead. But I got to admit that this format is great for spectators.

The guy presenting the medals looks like an old Nazi war criminal.