2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

A few more ‘almost medals’ for GB in the athletics tonight. Getting closer to Italy for that top spot :+1:

I thought they did the medal ceremonies a day behind but everyone from tonight is getting theirs now?

Amit Elor has been even more impressire than Lopez. She also has bigger biceps.

Good to see boxing judges are shite at the olympics too. Wouldn’t expect anything less.

Some of the boxing officiating at this Olympics has been nothing short of baffling. How Richardson didn't go through there is beyond me.

Ah well, at least we can take comfort that this horrible bent sport is being dumped out of the Olympics now

There's no boxing going forwards?
Not at the moment, it’s been dropped from LA 28. The IBA was too corrupt for even the IOC, which must be really fecking corrupt. There’s a new organisation that’s trying the reverse the decision, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen.

To be fair, aren't all the women's records from the 80's? Flo-Jo's 100m record is genuinely the biggest fraud in a book full of frauds since it was clearly wind assisted too.
No, just the lower distances… all greats.

Don’t know what you mean by wind assisted (well within legal limit) … do you mean someone faked the timing? Lots of records are wind assisted, Bolts 100 for example.

Not at the moment, it’s been dropped from LA 28. The IBA was too corrupt for even the IOC, which must be really fecking corrupt. There’s a new organisation that’s trying the reverse the decision, but I don’t know if that’s going to happen.
Good. Boxing is just Dana White making money in Vegas.

On the final card two judges had Richardson at 29, two had Alvarez at 29 and one judge had Alvarez winning all 3 rounds with 27. Try explaining this scoring to anyone

LeBron is putting on a clinic in this first half. 10 points, 8 assists, 27 point lead for the USA.

Leading after two rounds and didn’t see anything from the Mexican in round 3 to clearly show a turnaround… holding on loads.

Edit. Can GB appeal that?
Only fights you see overturned is if the victor fails a drug test. Take it on the chin and move on.

The judges scoring has been the biggest mystery at these games.

I really hope boxing gets its act together. I don’t like the idea of an original ancient Olympic sport disappearing. They tried to do it with wrestling and thankfully failed. Boxing is more popular, so it makes me very leery.

What a play on the counter by Brazil here, fantastic pass and fantastic shot, first at the bar but then scored on rebound, after a great headed assist. The first pass to Adriana was Brunoesque

As others have said, boxing is shit. The scoring doesn't make sense and isn't correlating with what we're seeing with our own eyes. There has to be a way of making the score visible in real time so that we can clearly see who is winning. I don't understand how this isn't already in practice. It seems simple enough. Any deductions can be explained at the end of each round, if there are any.

What a play on the counter by Brazil here, fantastic pass and fantastic shot, first at the bar but then scored on rebound, after a great headed assist. The first pass to Adriana was Brunoesque
Spain have looked jaded all tournament - they've had a couple of close calls to get this far. Keeping the ball and passing it as you expect them to, but without much flair or sharpness when it matters.

Since that OG went in Spain have had most of the ball but Brazil have had most of the chances.

For once Brazil goalkeeper is actually injured.

more like brain dead running. Absolutely no reason to run it like that for Ingebritsen. He uses a bare minimum of tactical sense he wins it easy
It was the right (and only) tactic for him. He needs a tough race to make it hard on Kerr, his end shot is nothing compared to Kerr's.

That was absolutely tasty. Kerr will absolutely take silver knowing he broke that douchebag, the "next guy" being 3 guys :lol:
Ingebrigtsen already has an Olympic gold medal. No one knows what the field will look like in 2028, he beat his main rival and still lost out on gold, should be utterly disappointed he couldn't hold off Hocker.

Opportunity of a lifetime missed.