2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

They were so worried about each other they didn’t consider anyone else. Kerr went the long way round, Ingebrtison moved over the make him go even further. Hocker ran 10m less than Kerr there.

Not often you see someone undertaking on the home straight! They left the door wide open for Hocker.

PB for Kerr at the end of the day, so he did a good job. Ingebrigtsen not so much.

Is that a massive choke?
more like brain dead running. Absolutely no reason to run it like that for Ingebritsen. He uses a bare minimum of tactical sense he wins it easy

They were so worried about each other they didn’t consider anyone else. Kerr went the long way round, Ingebrtison moved over the make him go even further. Hocker ran 10m less than Kerr there.
If the Norwegian just held his line kerr probably wins because it would have slowed the American down a touch.

If the Norwegian just held his line kerr probably wins because it would have slowed the American down a touch.
If ingebritsen holds his line he probably wins a medal because Hocker had nowhere to go.

It’s amazing how the U.S. women team almost always make it deep into WCs and Olympics.

The college/university system helps. Many girls find football as a good sport to play because they can get a scholarship to university studies.
The US college athletics system is why other countries are improving at athletics, swimming, etc. as well. Tons of non-American athletes come to the US to run track, swim, play soccer/basketball, or other sports.

Feel a bit for Kerr. Ran a perfect race and Inge trying to block him off and leaving a massive gap on the inside cost him.

And he’s done it!

Cuba’s Maijan Lopez is the 1st athlete in any individual sport in Olympic history to win gold in the same event in 5 Olympic Games

Last edited:
How much difference does drafting make in a track race like this? Or the inside line is what's key?

Probably the only event I didn’t want GB to win.
Just not a fan of Kerr at all and I wanted Ingebrigsen to smash it.

Shame, think it was obvious Kerr was in his head and bottled his tactics.

How the feck is Canada dominating the hammer throw

No chance. He's fourth regardless, said it himself just then, he hit the wall.
Have you seen how far out Hocker would have had to go? He would have to have dropped back and swung to lane 3.

NBC had Allyson Felix on. That alone brings a smile to my face:)
The US college athletics system is why other countries are improving at athletics, swimming, etc. as well. Tons of non-American athletes come to the US to run track, swim, play soccer/basketball, or other sports.
Agreed. Leon Marchand is the best example of that this year.

And just now, a Canadian woman (Camryn Rogers) wins the gold in hammer. She went to UC Berkeley.

tyBlI83.png

Just putting this here. If Ingebrigtsen doesn't open the door I don't see how Hocker gets even a medal. He has to drop back and go the long way past the other 3. Kerr and Nugue gold/silver, just depends on how efficiently Hocker finds a space, but at this level I think the answer is he wouldn't.

Have you seen how far out Hocker would have had to go? He would have to have dropped back and swung to lane 3.

If Ingebrigtsen holds the inside stronger, he just goes on the shoulder of Kerr instead.... hell I'd even say he could of gone around him(Ingebrigtsen) and the top 3 would still be the top 3, but except maybe switch 1 and 2.

He's so shot, he ends massively behind them.

He's done it at different weights though, is that the same? I'm not that clued up on wrestling admittedly.

It's the same category, the IOC changed the limits over the years.

@Carolina Red what's this about wrestlers having to lose 2-3kg of bodyweight by the next morning? Just seen some live visuals of Vinesh Phogat skipping ropes to achieve that.

tyBlI83.png

Just putting this here. If Ingebrigtsen doesn't open the door I don't see how Hocker gets even a medal. He has to drop back and go the long way past the other 3. Kerr and Nugue gold/silver, just depends on how efficiently Hocker finds a space, but at this level I think the answer is he wouldn't.

That's well after he's made his decision though... "well after" being like 5 metres of course, not much in reality, but in a race...

z8JYmLQ.png

Like I said, he merely goes with Kerr and drops him like a sack of suds regardless.