2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Tentoglu doesn't have an incredible PB but damn, the guy just doesn't fecking miss

Have you seen how far out Hocker would have had to go? He would have to have dropped back and swung to lane 3.
Inge knew he blew it, so the last thing he could salvage was stop Kerr get the gold.

tyBlI83.png

Just putting this here. If Ingebrigtsen doesn't open the door I don't see how Hocker gets even a medal. He has to drop back and go the long way past the other 3. Kerr and Nugue gold/silver, just depends on how efficiently Hocker finds a space, but at this level I think the answer is he wouldn't.

He’s already opened the door in that shot. Had he not done, Hocker would have stepped out earlier. He’d have lost time but he’d still have got past Inge. Question would be whether he’d have still have enough to get past Kerr.

He's done it at different weights though, is that the same? I'm not that clued up on wrestling admittedly.
They’ll be considered the same event for wrestling since they’re all in Greco & all at the Heavyweight weight class… the class used to be 120kg earlier in his career but then it got changed to 130kg in 2020.

Basically- he didn’t change weight classes, the weight class he was in got changed

That's well after he's made his decision though... "well after" being like 5 metres of course, not much in reality, but in a race...

z8JYmLQ.png

Like I said, he merely goes with Kerr and drops him like a sack of suds regardless.
There was a a fraction of a second where that window to swing over outside of Kerr is open. Almost immediately after ths Nuguse closes that gap. Its undeniable that Hocker can only win with the window open, I just think its more likely with the window closed that Hocker doesn't have the time to do anything. Ingebritson ended up only about 3-4m behind Hocker at the end (and that's with him likely easing off), if the American has to go the long way round that 4m disappears in my opinion.

They’ll be considered the same event for wrestling since they’re all in Greco & all at the Heavyweight weight class… the class used to be 120kg earlier in his career but then it got changed to 130kg in 2020.

Basically- he didn’t change weight classes, the weight class he was in got changed
Gotcha. In short; he didn't choose the weight class, the weight class chose him.

There was a a fraction of a second where that window to swing over outside of Kerr is open. Almost immediately after ths Nuguse closes that gap. Its undeniable that Hocker can only win with the window open, I just think its more likely with the window closed that Hocker doesn't have the time to do anything. Ingebritson ended up only about 3-4m behind Hocker at the end (and that's with him likely easing off), if the American has to go the long way round that 4m disappears in my opinion.

I think you are missing the point where you have to move him inside... and are oddly taking him around Kerr too, he goes on Kerr's shoulder who'd also be further in and given the space isn't there, he just follows him. Who wins? Who knows, since yes, that would require an additional kick from Hocker... but the top 3 are the same people, easily too, since even if he misses Kerr, just jump with his fellow American who also comfortably drops him.

Also, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if Ingebrigtsen left it on purpose, dudes clearly gassing at the corner and looking up. I think he hates Kerr more than the other way round and he has a gold already.

Man, you just don’t know what can happen in the final 50-100 meters of these long races. Any athlete among the leading 5-7 can win the gold.

Spain losing 1-0 to Brazil in the women's football SF. Paredes own goal - one of those oops moments where the keeper horribly mishits a clearance, the attacker doesn't quite block it but your own player does. Ouch.

Come on Dina, pull off a miracle Darren Campbell medal!

great achievement surely
He's been nigh unbeatable for 4 years or so. Doesn't even have an insane PB or anything, in fact a couple of his rivals over that stretch have a better PB than him. He just doesn't ever fecking miss in the finals. He'll hit 4 or 5 jumps with at least one in the 8.4, 8.5 range and that's been enough

What a race by Gabby Thomas. I was worried that Alfred would beat her, but she did like the real champion that she is.

She also has a Master’s degree! Great combination.

Last edited:
Is this the first time that there is a bell like this?

By the way, anyone else prefers the 200m over the 100m?