2022 US Elections

I hope he tries to run.
Post midterm primary polls will be interesting, in the run up Trump was leading De Santis in every poll. I imagine that might change now, but I imagine he’ll still be a force in the primaries.

The best outcome for the Dems is that he wins the nomination and runs with Palin as his VP!

Tweets that proceed unfortunate events:

Yeah. I think they don't pretend to be anything less than utter right wing loons. Also thought Trump was more bark than bite.

January6Capitol.jpg

It’s all contextual on the fact that America’s stupid system allows the voters to basically hobble the incumbent government after 2 years for not getting anything done quick enough in the name of democracy, and almost always do so… For the Dems to have essentially come out about the same as before is historically v.good and only usually happens during wars or national crisis when everyone’s extra mental and jingoistic.

3 equivalent events:

9/11
The Great Depression
Brandon

I think that event is the definition of more bark than bite!
Thousands of people besieging the citadel...to take photos, incriminate themselves, and eventually getting told to go home by their Ceaser. These heavily armed insane people craving a violent civil war for their AR-15s... and it ends with 1 fatality via heart attack.

I wouldn't be so confident in predicting Trump's demise just yet. He's already survived worse.

Thousands of people besieging the citadel...to take photos, incriminate themselves, and eventually getting told to go home by their Ceaser. These heavily armed insane people craving a violent civil war for their AR-15s... and it ends with 1 fatality via heart attack.
That’s one way to describe the hole in Ashli Babbitt’s chest

Multiple fatalities, including one mensa whose last words were ‘I can’t breach.’

I mean, I’m not the one who said “and it ends with 1 fatality via heart attack” after spending a whole post downplaying the only time since the War of 1812 that a hostile force has occupied the seat of America’s government.

But yeah, cool. You do you.

Multiple fatalities, including one mensa whose last words were ‘I can’t breach.’

They have been preparing for a civil war in some shape or form for over 20 years. And have been accumulating weapons for it.
I was talking about the violence *by* them, not to them, since the whole conversation started with Trump being "all bark no bite".

I mean, I’m not the one who said “and it ends with 1 fatality via heart attack” after spending a whole post downplaying the only time since the War of 1812 that a hostile force has occupied the seat of America’s government.

But yeah, cool. You do you.

I do hope you read your students' answers more closely than this. Bye.

They have been preparing for a civil war in some shape or form for over 20 years. And have been accumulating weapons for it.
I was talking about the violence *by* them, not to them, since the whole conversation started with Trump being "all bark no bite".
Still more than one fatality using ‘by’ as the preposition.

If both him and DeSantis run then there’s no chance it doesn’t cause utter chaos for the republicans. He won’t run if he thinks he’ll lose though. And would DeSantis want to run against him?

I wouldn’t even try to guess what any of them would think.

I wouldn’t even try to guess what any of them would think.
If I was DeSantis I wouldn’t run against him. It will be very bitter, if you win he’ll claim it’s a steal, you’ll lose his supporters which you need to win the presidency and you also risk an independent Trump which kills any chance you have. In 4 years you’re guaranteed the nomination, he’s young enough to wait. That would be my advice - and I’ve watched West Wing at least 4 times - even the shit seasons.

If I was DeSantis I wouldn’t run against him. It will be very bitter, if you win he’ll claim it’s a steal, you’ll lose his supporters which you need to win the presidency and you also risk an independent Trump which kills any chance you have. In 4 years you’re guaranteed the nomination, he’s young enough to wait. That would be my advice - and I’ve watched West Wing at least 4 times - even the shit seasons.
On the other hand, DeSantis is now clearly the top dog in the Republican Party. Momentum within the party is in his favor. Situation might not be the same in 4 years.