2022 US Elections

Thats because you have been brainwashed sir. TYT have clear agenda and extreme bias as does Fox. Both highly famous for this

Never knew of OAN. Is it new?
I certainly have not been brainwashed .If you haven’t heard of OAN you are not very well informed.

I’ve got a Twitter account which basically only follows right wingers. I don’t post on it but it’s interesting to read the timeline as I get a very different bubble that way.

The takeaway is RIP Donald Trump. He’s absolutely cooked and the GOP are going to spend the next two years de-conditioning his base and moving them onto DeSantis.

I’ve got a Twitter account which basically only follows right wingers. I don’t post on it but it’s interesting to read the timeline as I get a very different bubble that way.

The takeaway is RIP Donald Trump. He’s absolutely cooked and the GOP are going to spend the next two years de-conditioning his base and moving them onto DeSantis.

I can't see that happening unless he dies. The problem with creating a cult of personality is that it is unbreakably tied to that personality. The GOP may think the "movement" it is all about MAGA and they can reboot it under DeSanctis, but if Trump refuses to give it up I can't see his base leaving him. They are too invested in this.

Trump won't like this....

I'm not getting this lovefest for DeSanctis. He essentially has turned Florida into a fiefdom built on lies and intimidation. Of course he was going to win big. His opponent was a toolbag and he spent 2 years doing everything possible to suppress votes.

Odds on Trump to rebrand and come back as an Independent to split the Republican vote in 2024 and spite the GOP.

Wait, Desantis is only 44?? Feck me, I always imagine these right wing shitbag people in power are all at least 65. Guess I'm ageist.

I’m very interested to see how the hardcore MAGA/QAnon voters react as the establishment GOP moves whole ham behind DeSantis.

I’m very interested to see how the hardcore MAGA/QAnon voters react as the establishment GOP moves whole ham behind DeSantis.

I can't see it working. The "establishment" fed, nurtured, and sacrificed everything to the MAGA beast so they could ride it to primary victories. The result has been a base drowning in fear, conspiracies, and rage and to try to pivot away from an uncooperative Trump would be asking those same people to leave the thing that justifies all the damage they have done to their own lives and souls by following the beast.

So am I right in saying:

1. To become new speaker of the House you just need a basic majority in Congress?

And

2. If the GOP only have a slight majority, resentful MAGA types will most likely ensure McCarthy doesn't get the votes he needs to become speaker?

So am I right in saying:

1. To become new speaker of the House you just need a basic majority in Congress?

And

2. If the GOP only have a slight majority, resentful MAGA types will most likely ensure McCarthy doesn't get the votes he needs to become speaker?
1. Basic majority in the House.

2. Very likely

So am I right in saying:

And

They'll fall in line, because who else are they going to support, Pelosi?

I can't see that happening unless he dies. The problem with creating a cult of personality is that it is unbreakably tied to that personality. The GOP may think the "movement" it is all about MAGA and they can reboot it under DeSanctis, but if Trump refuses to give it up I can't see his base leaving him. They are too invested in this.

Idiots always fall for personalities thats why they voted for Reagan, Dubya and Trump

Gerrymandering does not affect gubernatorial elections and yet Desantis won 60%.

Crist is also a low energy, weak candidate. He has zero charisma. Don't know if there is a better candidate on the horizon for the Florida Ds to run out.

Curious if DeSanctimonious can run a 24 ticket on "anti-wokeness" as that seems to be his current agenda. That and owning libs and reporters.

Crist is also a low energy, weak candidate. He has zero charisma. Don't know if there is a better candidate on the horizon for the Florida Ds to run out.

Curious if DeSanctimonious can run a 24 ticket on "anti-wokeness" as that seems to be his current agenda. That and owning libs and reporters.

I don't think that would resonate nationally as it does in FL. Places like PA, AZ, WI, which are generally required to win, aren't FL and he would need to create a national message. That's if he gets passed Trump, which isn't looking likely right now.

Quite shocked at seeing the results . If Masto can hold on in Nevada, then these midterms will be up there among the best case scenario for Dems.