2022 US Elections

I have to say this is a true relieve (so far) to read next to all those other dooming news over the last couple of months or even years.

Everything he just said was a lie except that the GOP are shite

Didn't say it was true, just showing a snippet of how GOP world is reacting to this. Right wingers presumably will go into crazier territory with time.

As awful as he is, Desantis isn't as dangerous as Trump. Trump really has a unique cult of personality that creates fanatical followers like some cult leaders and dangerous dictators. Desantis can't inspire that not do I see him willing to break the world if he doesn't get what he wants the way Trump would.

He has his own dangers, like bringing some milder Rs back into the fold, but ultimately that will be easier to combat than the far right lunatic fringe that Trump cultivated.

No Death Santis is unhinged but unlike Trump can actually string a few coherent sentences together which makes him far more dangerous

Trump losing favour, yet he needs the nomination to avoid being indicted. The infighting is going to be glorious.

So, i get that in general this is bad news for the GOP, that it does lead to more infighting for them too.. so why have their odds of having the next president gone down overnight?

Gone down, as in, they think it's more likely the next president will be republican?

Could be that the odds of Trump being the next candidate have gone down given the rebuke of many of his candidates, while at the same time DeSantis has firmly established his appeal with the biggest win in Florida in decades, so DeSantis is a more likely winner overall?

Could be that the odds of Trump being the next candidate have gone down given the rebuke of many of his candidates, while at the same time DeSantis has firmly established his appeal with the biggest win in Florida in decades, so DeSantis is a more likely winner overall?

I'd say that's it. There is no Democrat with his momentum.

Good luck getting the base of that party to go for anyone that isn't Trump when he runs.

And good luck to anyone trying to stop Trump from running for the good of the party.

I hope this is the last we see of "Beto". What a shit politician. How much money has been wasted on that twat, he does nothing but take money and seek out "clippable" moments for twitter and tik-tok

So if everything stays the same in NY it looks like a House split of around Dem: 15 Rep: 11. That's down from Dem:19 Rep:8 in 2020

Shit efforts at redistricting in NY may well cost the Dems the House.

Last edited:
Good luck getting the base of that party to go for anyone that isn't Trump when he runs.

And good luck to anyone trying to stop Trump from running for the good of the party.
This. GOP voters still love Trump they're just not crazy about the candidates he endorses. Because they love Trump not republican politicians or even republican policies.

So if everything stays the same in NY it looks like a House split of around Dem: 15 Rep: 11. That's down from Dem:19 Rep:8 in 2020

Shit efforts at redistricting in NY may well cost the Dems the House.
The Dems self-owning their way to defeat despite being handed an open goal by the GOP is modern US politics in a nutshell. It's like their doners pay them to bend over for Republicans.

Desantis becoming the new leader of the right-wing and Trump holding onto the Qanon rump is perfect ground for a GOP civil war. Trump will be seething at DeSantis' gains.
This could be Biden's only hope of re-election because if the GOP gets behind a single candidate I really struggle to see him winning. In 2020 he had the wave of Trump being fresh in the mind and the awful handling of COVID-19, he won't have either of those things and its very possible a very painful 2 more years economincally. In those conditions I think the GOP sweeps into the White House pretty comfortably.

This could be Biden's only hope of re-election because if the GOP gets behind a single candidate I really struggle to see him winning. In 2020 he had the wave of Trump being fresh in the mind and the awful handling of COVID-19, he won't have either of those things and its very possible a very painful 2 more years economincally. In those conditions I think the GOP sweeps into the White House pretty comfortably.

i think Trump is in serious trouble after today and he'll need to start a war with DeSantis to see where he sits in the party after this.

No curvy couch this AM…

They are not even remotely interested in looking for an answer or discussing actual potential explanations for the results. Instead they just whine about their same old talking points - it's actually pathetic :lol:

Really it shouldn't be that complicated. Abortion, student debt relief, and potentially climate and election denial.

Isn’t Florida gerrymandered to feck though? To the point they were told it wasn’t legal and went through with their plans anyway?
Gerrymandering does not affect gubernatorial elections and yet Desantis won 60%.

I see on the cnn website the senate is 48x48 right now. What are the 4 left and who's likely to win? I assume one is warnock, what about the rest?

I went to bed early yesterday as the guys on cnn were saying the signs weren't good for democrats.

I see on the cnn website the senate is 48x48 right now. What are the 4 left and who's likely to win? I assume one is warnock, what about the rest?

I went to bed early yesterday as the guys on cnn were saying the signs weren't good for democrats.
Nevada - CCM should win
Arizona - Kelly should win
Alaska - don’t know how it looks for Murkowski
Wisconsin - too close to call, but Johnson might remain in office

Looks like Georgia and Arizona have a super close democratic edge and Nevada/Wisconsin are leaning GOP. If that's the case, the Dems could maintain the 50/50 draw which would be fantastic.

2024 - any chance we could be looking at East vs West? DeSantis vs Newsome?

Bit late to the party but watching Oz get embarrassed was the highlight of the night for me. Guys an absolute tool who shouldn't be anywhere near a public office.

Kris Kobach, the former Kansas Secretary of State who ran the Trump Administration’s failed Voter Fraud Commission, lost a lawsuit over a voter citizenship law in Kansas (which ultimately cost the state $1.9 million), and then lost races in the state for governor and senate, may have gotten his groove back last night. WIBW TV has not yet called this race and his opponent, Democrat Chris Mann, had not yet conceded as of 2:00 am. But Kobach is ahead by a bit more than 22,000 votes and declared victory last night. He says he will focus on the state’s fentanyl crisis and what he described as organized gangs of shoplifters in big box stores.

oh god.... i thought this guy was dead in a ditch somewhere...

Isn’t Florida gerrymandered to feck though? To the point they were told it wasn’t legal and went through with their plans anyway?
Ohio did at least. A recent This American Life episode was about Ohio getting rid of gerrymandering one year only to violate their laws and press ahead with a some serious gerrymandering anyway.