2022 US Elections

I am certain that this election makes it clear that Trump won't win any reelection again. It is similar to the backlash to abortion ruling by SC. Dems will always turnout to make sure he does not win and good number of independents will not vote for him either. Republicans would clock it as well but might be helpless against his ego and the mad MAGA crowd.
I'm hopeful that MAGA died tonight, but what comes next with De Santis could be equally as worrying

I'm a noob in this so sorry. So everyone was predicting so called red wave but Republicans won the house by just slight margin? Is that a crux of it or there's more?

Holding senate would have huge significance for Dems since it means they can continue to get judicial nominees through to undo some of the damage McConnell did. Republicans governing house with just a tiny majority can go two ways. Either McCarthy will have to give more leeway to loons given their number counts would count even more, or he might not give them a freehand and instead do the usual Republican bluster whilst passing moderate policies with Dem. It will pretty much depend on Republican stance on Trump after this election.

I am certain that this election makes it clear that Trump won't win any reelection again. It is similar to the backlash to abortion ruling by SC. Dems will always turnout to make sure he does not win and good number of independents will not vote for him either. Republicans would clock it as well but might be helpless against his ego and the mad MAGA crowd.

Oz, Mastriano, Masters, and probably some others would not have been the candidate had he not endorsed...All three underperforming.

Hopefully, everyone will start calling Trump "loser" and we get rid of him and the MAGA crowd.

Hopefully, everyone will start calling Trump "loser" and we get rid of him and the MAGA crowd.

The new problem is that desantis is starting to prove his crazy works. Florida is now deep deep red.

There's always a new crazy with the right.

The new problem is that desantis is starting to prove his crazy works. Florida is now deep deep red.

There's always a new crazy with the right.

As awful as he is, Desantis isn't as dangerous as Trump. Trump really has a unique cult of personality that creates fanatical followers like some cult leaders and dangerous dictators. Desantis can't inspire that not do I see him willing to break the world if he doesn't get what he wants the way Trump would.

He has his own dangers, like bringing some milder Rs back into the fold, but ultimately that will be easier to combat than the far right lunatic fringe that Trump cultivated.

Oooh this is much better than expected right? I was totally expecting a red apocalypse.

NYT still has this as lean Boebert. Also only has it as 83% in.

I think this is likely to be more accurate unfortunately. If you look at the two images you posted there's only a 10k difference in vote totals, with just under 285k votes counted so far. That means 10k is only 3.5% of votes already counted. Yet the images you posted has that 10k difference equating to 14% of the vote. That doesn't add up.

Just read that Biden has better mid term results than Trump and Obama.
What brought this on, blow back from the abortion decision? People being tired of the MAGA cult? It restores a bit of my faith in humanity.

As awful as he is, Desantis isn't as dangerous as Trump. Trump really has a unique cult of personality that creates fanatical followers like some cult leaders and dangerous dictators. Desantis can't inspire that not do I see him willing to break the world if he doesn't get what he wants the way Trump would.

He has his own dangers, like bringing some milder Rs back into the fold, but ultimately that will be easier to combat than the far right lunatic fringe that Trump cultivated.

Yes, it is a cult, and the cult cannot easily change the leader. For the MAGA crowd, Trump was the Messiah. They can't just say that ... no, Trump wasn't the Messiah, the real Messiah is DeSantis!

NYT still has this as lean Boebert. Also only has it as 83% in.

I think this is likely to be more accurate unfortunately. If you look at the two images you posted there's only a 10k difference in vote totals, with just under 285k votes counted so far. That means 10k is only 3.5% of votes already counted. Yet the images you posted has that 10k difference equating to 14% of the vote. That doesn't add up.
? The second image shows a 5k difference between them, translating to a 1.7% advantage to Frisch.

Truly amazing results for Dems today in the midterm and historic when you consider how bad the midterms usually are for the incumbent party. Dobbs likely ended up being the big ticket item that allowed Dems to remain competitive in a bad economic climate. One big takeway from this is that Russia is likely in deep trouble now if they weren't before this. Even if GOP takes the House, it will be such a small majority that there won't be much will to oppose continued aid to Ukraine. If I were Putin I would consider accelerating negotiations with Zelensky (not that he will do this, of course).

What brought this on, blow back from the abortion decision? People being tired of the MAGA cult? It restores a bit of my faith in humanity.
Pretty clear that GOP are far to the right of the country and only gerrymandering and a shit elctoral system is keeping them in.
Its inconceivable the Dems are performing this well despite the headwinds.

? The second image shows a 5k difference between them, translating to a 1.7% advantage to Frisch.

Yeah, I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about how much of the vote is yet to be counted.

Total reported in first tweet = 273k. Total reported in 2nd tweet = 283k. That's a 10k difference in total votes reported no? Yet the first tweet is described as showing "82% in" and the second as "96% in". So a 10k jump in the vote total equates to a 14% jump in the proportion of total votes counted. Seems unlikely and if the numbers reported are accurate then it's a mathematical impossibility.

There's a chance the 82% was an underestimate, but total vote for the last midterm in 2018 was 336k. That's 50k than what has currently been counted and 50k's gotta translate to more than 4% left outstanding. In fact it looks a lot more like 20% left outstanding - which is what the NYT seems to be running with.

There's a decent chance I'm confused, but that's what it looks like to me.

Well this is nice to wake up to. Nice to know the amount of shite disinformation from the Republicans isn’t getting through.

Not sure I agree. Trump was kind of stupid, Desantis looks smart. Trump's presidency was kind of doomed when they lost heavily the House 2 years in his presidency, and he was a massive underdog for the presidential election. His main contribution to the Republic cause was essentially approving McConnell's judiciary appointments.

Desantis won't be a cult leader, but could be a more effective Republican president than Trump.

I guess the best thing to wish is a Republican civil war between Trump's and Desantis' fraction. Probably an ugly one to divide the base and give again a unified Democrat government/legislature.

Didn’t she win last time? Apologies I’m not up to date with American politics.
She did not win last time, which is why it was governor Kemp not governor Abrams. However, she did a great job in helping the two Georgia Democrat challengers winning the senate two years ago (and consequently giving the Democrats the senate).

Not sure I agree. Trump was kind of stupid, Desantis looks smart. Trump's presidency was kind of doomed when they lost heavily the House 2 years in his presidency, and he was a massive underdog for the presidential election. His main contribution to the Republic cause was essentially approving McConnell's judiciary appointments.

Desantis won't be a cult leader, but could be a more effective Republican president than Trump.

I guess the best thing to wish is a Republican civil war between Trump's and Desantis' fraction. Probably an ugly one to divide the base and give again a unified Democrat government/legislature.
Pretty much this.

Is this what happens when instead of addressing the actual causes of loss of votes, you just make up some shit as to why you didn't win?

I wonder if DeSantis and Trump will do a deal and let Trump run so he gives DeSantis his backing at the next one.