2022 US Elections

Spanberger (D) managed to keep VA-7, but Luria (D) lost VA-2.

Yup, I'm also Canadian and the Trump era really brought the crazies out up here too. It does make a difference in the west on how stable or unstable the US are

Indeed. I truly miss the kind of stability and civility we had in the US before Trump as the political game up here was far more civil as well.

Not repeating my sleepless 40+ hour 2020 again. The best possible feeling will be exhausted relief and the most likely feeling will be horrified depression.
that week was amazing.
One of the greatest weeks on the caf and I have really fond memories going through all the build up and madness with my friends. We relayed who was awake and who slept so we missed nothing. We also had a drinking game and an emergency liquor stash if things went south.

also flaming penis

CNN is saying there seems to be no so-called "red wave" so far. But of course, the house can still go to Republicans easily.

Yup, I'm also Canadian and the Trump era really brought the crazies out up here too. It does make a difference in the west on how stable or unstable the US are
Feels like the political system here being more like the British one means that it’s easier to prevent crazies from getting in.

that week was amazing.
One of the greatest weeks on the caf and I have really fond memories going through all the build up and madness with my friends. We relayed who was awake and who slept so we missed nothing. We also had a drinking game and an emergency liquor stash if things went south.

also flaming penis

Pretty sure I posted around a1,000 times over those 40 hours. Was holed up in our unfinished basement in WI in Nov under a thin blanket freezing my ass off. Operation get phone charger is still my favorite moment on here and I was the dumbass focus of it.

CNN is saying there seems to be no so-called "red wave" so far. But of course, the house can still go to Republicans easily.
I think the main comparison points with past Democratic presidencies were the 1994 wave led by Newt Gingrinch and the rise of the Tea Party in 2010. The House is likely to be led by Republicans, but the margin in the number of seats could well be not big enough for the GOP to unite and stir up this much shit against Joe Biden.

Feels like the political system here being more like the British one means that it’s easier to prevent crazies from getting in.
It is so far, especially with 4 main parties. One party may be led by a crazy person, but it would account to nothing if you can't lure voters from other parties.

It’s increasingly looking like my state superintendent of education is going to be a person who has never taught before and got the required masters degree to run for office in 6 months from Bob Jones University.

I truly hate it here

It’s increasingly looking like my state superintendent of education is going to be a person who has never taught before and got the required masters degree to run for office in 6 months from Bob Jones University.

I truly hate it here
Damn, forgot about that story. Sorry, brother.

Its the rise of populism across the board. Tough time for humanity.
May be this was missed but seemed important.

I truly hate it here
Have you caught tidbits of what’s been going on with education in OK? It’s been shocking, even for Oklahoma.

We’re hoping for some reversals, otherwise things get even more fubar’d for public school teachers and the kids.

It appears.. like Dems are doing a decent job of not getting run over?

Except Florida. Bloody Florida.

If Warnock and Walker get into a runoff, is there another debate in the schedule? Hope Warnock can use that opportunity to destroy the POS if any.

Nothing scheduled.
:(:(:(

What a shame. At least, Jon Ossoff took a debate against an empty podium as David Perdue turning down the debate back in December 2020.

edit: Are you serious, Iowa? You just gave a new 6-year term to a 89-year-old Senator.

:(:(:(

What a shame. At least, Jon Ossoff took a debate against an empty podium as David Perdue turning down the debate back in December 2020.

edit: Are you serious, Iowa? You just gave a new 6-year term to a 89-year-old Senator.
“6 year term”

Have you caught tidbits of what’s been going on with education in OK? It’s been shocking, even for Oklahoma.

We’re hoping for some reversals, otherwise things get even more fubar’d for public school teachers and the kids.
I have not, but I feel that I’m going to become acquainted with that style of things soon.