2022 US Elections

If traditional Republicans showed any balls, they would have triggered a definite divorce with Trumpists in the last 2 years already. Such split would have also pushed the same with the Democratic Party in a few years at best. The fact is that neither traditional Republicans nor Trumpists want to want to go their own separate ways, especially traditional Republicans.

In Canada, we have 4 mainstream federal parties with the odd Green MP. That should be enough to build an alliance that can last even with a minority government in any country rather than emulate the mess in Israel.

These things are a lot more complicated than they appear on the surface. For instance, any attempt by a faction within either party to break away and form their own would result in the opposite party gaining control. Neither side wants this, which is why its nearly impossible for a viable third party to gain hold, especially in the age of network homophily where both sides are incentivized to entrench themselves into a binary system where consolidation is rewarded and straying is penalized.

Last edited:
Been interesting to learn recently just how par for the course this stuff is with the Republican party.

Seems to me that there has always been an extremist fringe of the Republican party trying to take control. People like McCarthy, Goldwater and Buchanan have always existed on the right-hand side of the GOP trying to make their views the mainstream outlook within the party and there's always been exaggerated and/or completely fabricated enemies ready to 'take down' America in order to fearmonger the electorate into voting for them. The illuminati / freemasons, the commies, the Godless, the 'humanists', Jewish people, Black people, immigrants. Republican Presidents have always pretty shamelessly allowed them a seat at the table in order to get their votes. Nixon basically turned the party on its head in order to court racists in the south, consciously sacrificing Black voters in the north. Reagan aligned himself with and refused to disavow some absolutely abhorrent groups of people and organizations, mainly anti-semites and radical evangelical nationalists.

The proud boys and QAnon crazies fit the GOP like a glove just like the John Birch society did. It'd be unusual for them or groups like them not to be a part of the Republican party.

I suppose the only difference is that this is by far the most successful they've ever been - the next closest presumably being Goldwater becoming the presidential nominee?

It's just surprising to me how utterly predictable this situation is when viewing the Republican party through a historical lens.

Marjorie Taylor tweets some wild shit. Never heard of Lauren Boebert. Rush Limbaugh never watched him. Heard of Sean Hannity but not recently. Glenn Beck nope. I have seen Tucker Carlson (spreader of white replacement theory and purveyor of white victimisation) I remember they had a guy Bill O Reilly from Fox back in the day as he used to debate Marc Lamont Hill who I used to follow. Bill got fired for sexual harrassment. Heard of Candace Owen.

It looks like you really don't know the extent of the crazy shite the right-wing says if you haven't even heard of Lauren Boebert. But based on what you have heard, what have the Young Turks said that is even close in extremism and hate to what you say you've heard from Tucker (spreader of white replacement theory and purveyor of white victimization)?

Can only hope that one day the electoral college is scrapped. Given how gerrymandered a lot of states are now it's the only way to preserve democracy in America moving forward. The Republicans will win these elections plus the 2024 election through cheating, period.

That's why the GOP is fighting tooth and nail on every level to keep the electoral college despite there not existing a single sound argument to keep it.

you asking the wrong person mate. don't follow them closely enough but I'm sure if you research you could find some. I mean I know of a few off the top e.g.

1. PPP loans - very popular among business owners and scammers in the hood.
2. Stimulus cheques were popular among the small folk from the CARES Act
3. Prison reform
4. opportunity zones - saw this on a debate hosted by P Diddy
5. Pardoned Kodak Black, Weezy and others.
6. Lowest unemployment in decades
7. There were bills aimed at crime in particular drug trafficking's violent crime etc.
8. There was investment in farming

As I said these were ones I heard of in debates mostly as I mostly heard news reported about Trumps tweets as opposed to policies etc. I am sure with due dilligence you can find something. The issue with American politics is its hella tribal. Y'all act like sports teams and won't give the other side an ounce of credit (both ways).

Ok.....

To respond to your comments on my list first:

1. Student Loans: sure, more would have been better, but the fact any was enacted is a damn miracle.
2. Your answers to 2,5 and 6 suggest you do not follow American politics at all. These were bills (Inflation Reduction Act and CHIPs Act) that had little (CHIPs) to no (IRA) GOP support.

As for yours:

1. PPP Loans were, in principle, a good thing. how they were distributed though was a disaster and a colossal pit of corruption and graft. - Also, was bipartisan.
2. CARES Act was also a good thing, and also bipartisan.
3. Prison reform - This was good, and it should go further.
4. Opportunity Zones - This was part of Trumps massive, and horrific, tax cut bill, so no matter the minor impact they have it will be dwarfed by the damage done by the bill they were part of.
5. Pardons - sure, I guess.....but I thought we were talking about things that have an impact on regular people?
6. And highest unemployment in a century
7. Are you referring to the first step act? This was a bipartisan bill where every no vote was GOP.
8. Well, considering that the investment was needed because Trump's insane trade policies had a huge negative hit on farmers this is a bit of a red herring.

I am not one of those who thinks nothing good happened in the previous administration, but those good things were very few and far between and were almost always bipartisan.

Don’t forget the federal pardons for simple marijuana crimes & a push to reschedule pot down the list as help for regular people. Granted, it doesn’t hold a candle to pardoning Lil Wayne, but the pot thing is still a decent accomplishment.

And there’s this fresh hell…

Things have just turned really grim for the Dems in the last 2 weeks. Even Herschel Walker now looks favoured to win despite his scandals.

I don't buy it. I just can't fathom that at the end of the day that this is what the reality is. I guess we will see in a week, but my final shred of optimism is hanging on by a thread.

I agree. Enough is enough. Centuries of unfair discriminatory laws and behaviour towards white folks have to END NOW!!!

I don't buy it. I just can't fathom that at the end of the day that this is what the reality is. I guess we will see in a week, but my final shred of optimism is hanging on by a thread.
Right there with ya.

Things have just turned really grim for the Dems in the last 2 weeks. Even Herschel Walker now looks favoured to win despite his scandals.

Happens very often in politics, the governing party during the midterm will lose voters as expectations meet reality. More so during a big economic downturn such as what many are suffering right now.

People will just look at their own personal situation, are they worse off now since the democrats came into power? If yes, of course they will haemorrhage voters. That isn't to say they like the alternative, it's more a vote of no confidence in the current govt, rather than the republicans offering something better.

I'm watching clips of Obama addressing hecklers in rallies in Detroit and Phoenix. I'm only surprised that the nearby Democratic supporters are not beating the crap out of those wankers after 7+ years of Republican toxicity. You heckle like that in a Republican rally, you would end up with either a black eye or broken ribs as a bare minimum.

Last edited:
I'm watching clips of Obama addressing hecklers in rallies in Detroit and Phoenix. I'm only surprised that the nearby Democratic supporters are not beating the crap out of those wankers after 7+ years of Republican toxicity. You heckle like that in a Republican rally, you would end up with either a black eye or broken ribs as a bare minimum.
The first part is a good thing and should be celebrated. Don’t be like them, be better.

Don’t forget the federal pardons for simple marijuana crimes & a push to reschedule pot down the list as help for regular people. Granted, it doesn’t hold a candle to pardoning Lil Wayne, but the pot thing is still a decent accomplishment.

And there’s this fresh hell…

Didn't it turn out there wasn't a single person in federal prison for pot possession alone, so it had no effect at all?

With his platform he has an influence. POTUS and VP have regular sat down for interviews with him to discuss what is required for the black vote and what they want for the black community. Why is this?
before the election, Charlamagne demanded that the VP be black and I think female and look what happened. Don't act like he doesn't have an influence. I don't approve of it but the reality is black entertainers are relevant in politics of African Americans. Why you think they get Cardi B, Beyonce, Lebron and all these people pushing the Dem vote?
I'm no expert, but this seems like a ridiculous take.

Didn't it turn out there wasn't a single person in federal prison for pot possession alone, so it had no effect at all?
Not aware of that. Around 7K had their convictions pardoned iirc.

If it can happen, rescheduling the drug lower would be massive.

I'm no expert, but this seems like a ridiculous take.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...-tell-biden-to-pick-black-vp/?sh=51a936287518

I'm no expert but they literally did. In your opinion was she the best or most qualified running mate? He had televised meetings with Charlamagne where he read his demands for the black community.

Kamala Harris has also had several televised meetings with Charla since they got into office. I can't think who else they do this with so you have to ask why. They think he is some de facto leader.

Kamala Harris didn't even seem to be the woman of colour they wanted most but they were so desperate to ruffle as few feathers as possible and she fit the bill, I don't think anyone was ever excited about her.

Feck me the radio guy is considered a leader? Is he the new Angie Martinez now?

Kamala Harris didn't even seem to be the woman of colour they wanted most but they were so desperate to ruffle as few feathers as possible and she fit the bill, I don't think anyone was ever excited about her.

Personally, my personal preference for VP was Susan Rice. She may not have electoral experience like Harris has, BUT Rice's credentials and achievements over 3 decades are more solid than what most senators and cabinet members out there could have.

kermit-nervous.gif

Not aware of that. Around 7K had their convictions pardoned iirc.

If it can happen, rescheduling the drug lower would be massive.
What I read is that there was no one in federal prison for simple marijuana possession, but I'll see what I can find, might have been some BS meme.

Edit: "As far as bold acts of mass clemency go, it won’t lead to many people getting out of prison. In fact, it will lead to none. According to the White House and a report this week from the U.S. Sentencing Commission (USSC) there is no one currently in federal custody for simple possession of marijuana."

https://www.themarshallproject.org/...ison-releases-from-biden-s-marijuana-clemency

https://www.forbes.com/sites/andrew...-tell-biden-to-pick-black-vp/?sh=51a936287518

I'm no expert but they literally did. In your opinion was she the best or most qualified running mate? He had televised meetings with Charlamagne where he read his demands for the black community.

Kamala Harris has also had several televised meetings with Charla since they got into office. I can't think who else they do this with so you have to ask why. They think he is some de facto leader.
You implied Charlemagne the God basically choose the VP.

I'm sure he was on some list of over 100 people who liked Kamala. Suggesting he picked the VP from that is really, really poor use of logic.

What I read is that there was no one in federal prison for simple marijuana possession, but I'll see what I can find, might have been some BS meme.

Edit: "As far as bold acts of mass clemency go, it won’t lead to many people getting out of prison. In fact, it will lead to none. According to the White House and a report this week from the U.S. Sentencing Commission (USSC) there is no one currently in federal custody for simple possession of marijuana."

https://www.themarshallproject.org/...ison-releases-from-biden-s-marijuana-clemency
That’s interesting there was none currently jailed, but it’s great to see some level of rights being restored to a substantial number of people. Hopefully it gets rescheduled soon.

You implied Charlemagne the God basically choose the VP.

I'm sure he was on some list of over 100 people who liked Kamala. Suggesting he picked the VP from that is really, really poor use of logic.
I posted the link with the list of the 100 myself earlier in the thread but yes Charlamagne is the leader of black politics.