2022 US Elections

Are Republicans trying to snatch defeats from the jaws of victory? What is the possible calculation behind weaponising this issue now?

Are Republicans trying to snatch defeats from the jaws of victory? What is the possible calculation behind weaponising this issue now?
I honestly thing it is a calculation that the only way to win any election is to get as much of their shrinking, minority, base of voters to the polls. This is a bet that they can drive more of theirs then Dems. I think/hope its is a miscalculation, but we will see.

I honestly thing it is a calculation that the only way to win any election is to get as much of their shrinking, minority, base of voters to the polls. This is a bet that they can drive more of theirs then Dems. I think/hope its is a miscalculation, but we will see.

But keep in mind what a wise man once said.

George Carlin — 'Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.'

Those guys may not be on opposing sides of the ballot for 2024, but, man, such "exhibition match" would be massive for TV ratings alone. Looking at replies, I say Newsom got what he wanted by triggering a number of Republicans.

And BTW, Newsom is 6'3" tall to contrast with DeSantis' 5'9" frame on TV. Sorry, Ron. You ain't Lisandro Martinez. :lol:

Those guys may not be on opposing sides of the ballot for 2024, but, man, such "exhibition match" would be massive for TV ratings alone. Looking at replies, I say Newsom got what he wanted by triggering a number of Republicans.

And BTW, Newsom is 6'3" tall to contrast with DeSantis' 5'9" frame on TV. Sorry, Ron. You ain't Lisandro Martinez. :lol:

Newsom would hammer him. DeSantis has effectively been unchallenged for years due to not doing any media and has the charisma of a slightly less creepy Ted Cruz.

Herschel Walker Bluntly Predicts He’ll Flop in Debate: ‘I’m Not That Smart’ and Warnock ‘Will Show Up and Embarrass Me’

https://www.mediaite.com/election-2...rt-and-warnock-will-show-up-and-embarrass-me/

And you know what. This could be the winning formula.

I will be very honest on something: I simply HATE when candidates do not comply to taking part to a debate when your job is to sell your platform to your constituents. It is true for Herschel Walker. It is true for Katie Hobbs. Heck, it is true for anybody seeking an office in any democratically elected government. Any excuse to pull out of a debate outside of last-minute personal matters is pathetic.

I will be very honest on something: I simply HATE when candidates do not comply to taking part to a debate when your job is to sell your platform to your constituents. It is true for Herschel Walker. It is true for Katie Hobbs. Heck, it is true for anybody seeking an office in any democratically elected government. Any excuse to pull out of a debate outside of last-minute personal matters is pathetic.
Don’t mind Hobbs not debating so as to not give Lake a platform to spew unhinged horseshit. There would be no even nominal discussions about policy.

Don’t mind Hobbs not debating so as to not give Lake a platform to spew unhinged horseshit. There would be no even nominal discussions about policy.
And the possibility for Hobbs to crush Lake where it matters is not important to gain valuable extra points?

DNC Senators and Governors who won their seats in 2018-2020 all had to go to those debates no matter how much crap their Republican opponents spewed at them.

And the possibility for Hobbs to crush Lake where it matters is not important to gain valuable extra points?

DNC Senators and Governors who won their seats in 2018-2020 all had to go to those debates no matter how much crap their Republican opponents spewed at them.
I get what you are saying, but I think the debate would devolve into an utter farce between Hobbs & Lake. I do agree that, under ‘normal’ circumstances, candidates should always debate.

We just might be out of ‘normal’ in AZ this election cycle.

I think Hobbs agreed to debate on the condition that a candidates microphone would be shut off when it was the others turn to talk. Lake, “shockingly”, refused to this condition.

Hard to figure out what he means there. Does he condone the idea of white supremacy or does he condemn the idea of National Security considering white supremacist groups as a threat? I'm leaning towards the latter, a fine people on both sides kind of thing.