2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I checked, Trump was 45k ahead with 91% reporting.
Right now, Trump is nearly 75k ahead with 94% reporting..

So unless there is a big blue county yet to report, its done.

The cities still have 10-15% left to report, and it’s very close. A stretch for Biden but it wouldn’t be a shock if he pulls it off there.

I saw some recent videos of McCain and Obama interacting, and McCain defending Obama at one of his own rallies vs one of his own supporters. It was almost surreal to see such a level of class compared to what we've seen with Trump over the last 4 years.

There was one clip of McCain debating Obama and making a clear error regarding one of Obama's proposed policies. Obama corrected him with respect and McCain admitted to his error. That sounds so basic but seems a bit extraordinary compared to what we have now
That's why I'm so desperate for Biden to win. He'll not be that radical of a change policy wise but it's really important for our leaders to conduct themselves in a dignified manner. On a side note do people here thing DNC were right to screw Bernie over based on how Florida went?

Very unlikely to get Iowa, but can win without it. But it's tight. AZ really needs to come through at this point.
Biden is ahead on Iowa, am I missing something? I appreciate they're only 60% through the votes though.

That's unbelieveable that there still hasn't been a flip.
The count is just so slow this year compared to others, that's making the timing of calling anything that's at all tight so much later... probably into tomorrow or beyond.

Having spent 5 mins to catch up, looks like it hinges on the rust belt and that we won’t really know for a good few hours as they haven’t counted mail in ballots (or at least many).

Needing 46/66 from Minnesota(10), Nevada(6), Pa(20), Wisconsin(10), Michigan(16), Maine(4), Iowa(6)

fecking Pa would truly swing this, c'mon you cnuts!

With Arizona likely for Biden, he looks pretty good right?

Is there any indication of when we might have an idea for WI, MI or PA? Or if it comes down to those, then it's likely that we don't know for days?

Dems have done no favours to themselves lately. Coming up with Clinton and Biden as their candidates against Trump is really ridiculous.

How accurate are these '% of votes' numbers? Are these base on an estimate of total voters or they know the actuals?

I doubt it'll change much, the 40% votes would probably reflect the other 60%, hardly going to be much different.

according to the bbc there are 350,000 mail in ballots left to count in Philly and from what they’ve seen so far it’s around 16 dem votes per 1 GOP

How accurate are these '% of votes' numbers? Are these base on an estimate of total voters or they know the actuals?
I've also been wondering if these have any potential of being off because of confusion around mail-in ballots, etc, or if officials report the raw # of ballots even before counting the votes.... but not seen it commented anywhere.

Yeah just saw updated numbers. Probably another two elections away from going blue given the growth of its cities.
We need to ramp up our gerrymandering game where we can over the next few years, but we won’t have the balls for anything like that. Even if we got caught, just having the new districts in play for an election or two is worth it.

With Arizona likely for Biden, he looks pretty good right?

Is there any indication of when we might have an idea for WI, MI or PA? Or if it comes down to those, then it's likely that we don't know for days?
Better than it looked a couple of hours ago, should hopefully bode well for Nevada, but Ohio numbers look worrying for the midwest. Gonna be days still though, yeah, and may still go to Supreme Court.

With all three states saying they won't declare a winner tonight, it looks like we're not going to know much right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.