2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
With AZ, Biden will probably sneak through.. a lot lot closer than anyone thought though.

AZ is done . 75% reporting.. Biden keeping his lead. over 200k ahead.

Reminder that there are 117k mailed ballots stuck in post office in NC, some of them would have voted today in person but it could still be the difference

Biden needs Nevada, Iowa, and then MN, WI, and MI.

If he holds Nevada and takes Iowa, then he can win regardless of PA. Best case scenario is 276 without PA. It's not over yet.

Would absolutely love it if AZ costs Trump the elections considering how disrespectful he was towards Jhon Mccain.

Aren't the GOP wanting unions done with?

Patricia Cohen, in New York
Biden made a big bid to reclaim union voters. But in Ohio, union voters went for Trump over Biden by 56 percent to 42 percent, according to exit polls.

It's a post-truth society. Incomprehensible to me, but it looks like I'd better get used to it somehow...

When the average person can't engage in meaningful discussion (whether through intellectual disparity or physical lack of platform/medium), the general public can more and more easily be manipulated by high leverage issues.

But at the same time, isn't it just that the goalposts of 'truth' and 'general education level of the public' have simply moved in tandem over the years, and we're simply seeing the same leverage disparity being exploited by those in power.

Biden leads 209 to Trump's 112. Would it be a case of just nearly there?

A Democrat "starts out" with around 190-200 votes.

Why the F are the polls so fecked

Short answer: People lie.

Longer answer: maybe sometimes, if you're really far ahead and you're really sure of it, it's best not to advertise it.

Even longer answer: eh, someone else'll do it.

:lol: All I've read in this thread is people praising him.

WTF must he be doing.
He's always extremely well informed on the American electorate, trends to look for, counties to look for in specific states and just his general ability to explain raw data to normal people.

Biden needs Nevada, Iowa, and then MN, WI, and MI.

If he holds Nevada and takes Iowa, then he can win regardless of PA. Best case scenario is 276 without PA. It's not over yet.
Very unlikely to get Iowa, but can win without it. But it's tight. AZ really needs to come through at this point.

Unfortunately Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan leads have been quite steadily increasing
There's like 60% of votes left to count. PA in particular hasn't started on Philly for example which is overwhelmingly blue.

Would absolutely love it if AZ costs Trump the elections considering how disrespectful he was towards Jhon Mccain.
I saw some recent videos of McCain and Obama interacting, and McCain defending Obama at one of his own rallies vs one of his own supporters. It was almost surreal to see such a level of class compared to what we've seen with Trump over the last 4 years.

There was one clip of McCain debating Obama and making a clear error regarding one of Obama's proposed policies. Obama corrected him with respect and McCain admitted to his error. That sounds so basic but seems a bit extraordinary compared to what we have now

Last I checked, Trump was 45k ahead with 91% reporting.
Right now, Trump is nearly 75k ahead with 94% reporting..

So unless there is a big blue county yet to report, its done.
Yeah just saw updated numbers. Probably another two elections away from going blue given the growth of its cities.

I am still just so amazed that this guy has been speaking continuously for 4 hours while using the screen . Everything seems to be flowing like a recorded show even though it's live

That's unbelieveable that there still hasn't been a flip.

Unfortunately Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan leads have been quite steadily increasing
Ignore Wisconsin for now. 60% of vote here was early (and all early voting here is absentee) and they could not start processing till this morning.

CNN keeping my hopes up, there's metric fecktonnes of votes yet to be counted in the big Dem counties in PA.

Very unlikely to get Iowa, but can win without it. But it's tight. AZ really needs to come through at this point.
Yeah Iowa seemed less likely than Ohio but he doesn't really need it. AZ looks certai with 75% reported.

What time do we think Trump will declare premature victory?

Status
Not open for further replies.