2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think he's a complete idiot. Anybody who is bernie or bust in generals this year is a complete and utter tool.

Totally agree.

Not to mention that him and Eboue have been telling us for 3 years that voters need to be earned, and they are glad to not have voted Hillary. Don’t take voters for granted, you need to earn their vote, voters don’t own anything to politicians, etc.

Unless it is for Bernie of course. In that case, Warren and her voters need to kneel to him and unconditionally support him.

I do not believe every Democratic politician is corrupt. But I do know the party is totally corrupt.
Increasingly the parameters set by the party for congressmen and Senators is getting tighter.
The good they can do for the people they represent is becoming less and less. They are being given crumbs to throw at the voters.
I cannot look into the heart of anyone. But for Clyburn to endorse a man who voted to cut Social Security and put young black men in prisons merely shows he has totally surrendered. Biden in fact is no friend of black people nor any American for that matter..

In 2016 John Lewis a man who bled for Civil rights forgot his own sacrifice. He disparaged Sanders who was arrested for fighting discrimination in Chicago and actually marched with Dr. King.

Do you think Dr. King would have approved?

If Sanders has the most delegates and is not the nominee no matter how close, I will not be voting for the other person nor for any Democrat for House or Senate.
I will vote for people I know in the state legislature.

To state that getting rid of Trump is all that matters is to completely not understand what has been happening for decades. Trump is the symptom not the problem.

The only winners and losers in this election are people. Not Sanders or Biden or anyone else.

EDIT: The winners are very few btw.

I ain’t voting for anyone else. feck the Democrats now that I see their true colors. They deserve Trump for the shady shit they’re pulling. Call me a fool if you like. Won’t hurt my feelings nor change my mind.
The truth of the matter is, my vote doesn’t matter. I live in CA. Obviously yours does. Electoral college is bullshit.

In 2016 John Lewis a man who bled for Civil rights forgot his own sacrifice. He disparaged Sanders who was arrested for fighting discrimination in Chicago and actually marched with Dr. King.

I think that if we somehow received divine word from MLK, and it in any way wasn't in agreement with Sanders, you'd probably say something about him forgetting his own sacrifice or some other statement that disregarded the agency of others.

I think that if we somehow received divine word from MLK, and it in any way wasn't in agreement with Sanders, you'd probably say something about him forgetting his own sacrifice or some other statement that disregarded the agency of others.

MLK was always against poverty. That was his number one issue. Bernie is the man who cares most about reducing that. MLK was motivated by morality and not political expediency.

I ain’t voting for anyone else. feck the Democrats now that I see their true colors. They deserve Trump for the shady shit they’re pulling. Call me a fool if you like. Won’t hurt my feelings nor change my mind.
Now that you see their true colors?

This is a sentiment I don't understand, like saying Biden isn't really a Democrat. It's acting as though the past few decades of American politics since Clinton didn't happen.

I do not believe every Democratic politician is corrupt. But I do know the party is totally corrupt.
Increasingly the parameters set by the party for congressmen and Senators is getting tighter.
The good they can do for the people they represent is becoming less and less. They are being given crumbs to throw at the voters.
I cannot look into the heart of anyone. But for Clyburn to endorse a man who voted to cut Social Security and put young black men in prisons merely shows he has totally surrendered. Biden in fact is no friend of black people nor any American for that matter..

If Sanders has the most delegates and is not the nominee no matter how close, I will not be voting for the other person nor for any Democrat for House or Senate.
I will vote for people I know in the state legislature.

To state that getting rid of Trump is all that matters is to completely not understand what has been happening for decades. Trump is the symptom not the problem.

The only winners and losers in this election are people. Not Sanders or Biden or anyone else.

EDIT: The winners are very few btw.
Getting rid of Trump IS all that matters unless you are a Trump supporter. If you think he should get a THIRD Supreme Court nominee. Continue to stack the court systems federally with unqualified judges who they think will uphold gerrymandering, voter suppression, and immigration policies for literal decades. If you think that "doesn't matter". And any progressive agenda will ever thrive in that scenario down the line. I don't know what else to tell you.

GOP have an out sized amount of power in this country and are able to win because the majority don't consistently vote them out. Or sit at home if their chosen one, or perfect candidate fails. They do not have to court minorities, they can openly and brazenly gerrymander and use voter suppression tactics to limit minority representation and power for this very reason.

Even if Bernie Sanders wins. Even if he gets Medicare for All passed by some miracle. It will damn well be fought tooth and nail in every court for years, just like Obamacare is now. And that's exactly why Mitch wants all these conservative judges stacked. Its exactly why giving them even more of a majority on the Supreme Court is completely silly.

If you ever want progressive lasting policies in your lifetime. You better look at the long game and not allowing them to provide a firewall and reversal built in for the second they get power again.

I just voted for Sanders in early primary. Because Biden was looking weak as hell. Pete had no shot, I could have gone for Warren too but the main thing is I will vote the candidate no matter what.

I cant choose to sit at home and allow the GOP and trump to get free reign to suppress my vote and continue to allow open racists to run the show.

No one is going to come to your house and make you vote for anyone. But, I would think harder about what happens if you allow trump another term. How much harder will it be in the future to get progressive plans, climate change legislation, gun control measures, LGBT/equality protections in the future?

Again GOP in this country are allowed power because the majority who could vote them into obscurity where they belong allow it.

Getting rid of Trump IS all that matters unless you are a Trump supporter. If you think he should get a THIRD Supreme Court nominee. Continue to stack the court systems federally with unqualified judges who they think will uphold gerrymandering, voter suppression, and immigration policies for literal decades. If you think that "doesn't matter". And any progressive agenda will ever thrive in that scenario down the line. I don't know what else to tell you.

GOP have an out sized amount of power in this country and are able to win because the majority don't consistently vote them out. Or sit at home if their chosen one, or perfect candidate fails. They do not have to court minorities, they can openly and brazenly gerrymander and use voter suppression tactics to limit minority representation and power for this very reason.

Even if Bernie Sanders wins. Even if he gets Medicare for All passed by some miracle. It will damn well be fought tooth and nail in every court for years, just like Obamacare is now. And that's exactly why Mitch wants all these conservative judges stacked. Its exactly why giving them even more of a majority on the Supreme Court is completely silly.

If you ever want progressive lasting policies in your lifetime. You better look at the long game and not allowing them to provide a firewall and reversal built in for the second they get power again.

I just voted for Sanders in early primary. Because Biden was looking weak as hell. Pete had no shot, I could have gone for Warren too but the main thing is I will vote the candidate no matter what.

I cant choose to sit at home and allow the GOP and trump to get free reign to suppress my vote and continue to allow open racists to run the show.

No one is going to come to your house and make you vote for anyone. But, I would think harder about what happens if you allow trump another term. How much harder will it be in the future to get progressive plans, climate change legislation, gun control measures, LGBT/equality protections in the future?

Again GOP in this country are allowed power because the majority who could vote them into obscurity where they belong allow it.
Great post.

Good post

2ejqm5nce6k41.jpg

I won't call you a fool. You live in FL man, let's go out for a drink and I will try to convince why you should not give up now. But I'm sure you'll do the right thing come general election time. Also, maybe Dnc will fully be behind Sanders

Totally agree.

Not to mention that him and Eboue have been telling us for 3 years that voters need to be earned, and they are glad to not have voted Hillary. Don’t take voters for granted, you need to earn their vote, voters don’t own anything to politicians, etc.

Unless it is for Bernie of course. In that case, Warren and her voters need to kneel to him and unconditionally support him.
Warren championed herself for the Progressive cause and turned her back on it for her own stab at political power. If the cause was at her core, she’d do what’s right for it. That’s much different than Hillary’s situation, which you’re trying to make into a false equivalency.
The truth of the matter is, my vote doesn’t matter. I live in CA. Obviously yours does. Electoral college is bullshit.
Florida is a lost cause anyway in my opinion. But I’m not rewarding the Democrats if they want to play this game. There was a long post that got responded with good post and all that but it referenced playing the long game. Well ironically I’m looking at the long game myself. If real change takes gutting the Democratic party, then it’s of my opinion that it’s worth it. Call me names. Call me a fool. Call me a Trump supporter. I don’t give a feck what anyone thinks. I have no obligation to be loyal to a bunch of cnuts just because Trump bad. Trumpism stays for the foreseeable future regardless of whether or not Trump gets voted out. Just voting him out and installing a Biden or God forbid Bloomberg ain’t fixing shit.
Now that you see their true colors?

This is a sentiment I don't understand, like saying Biden isn't really a Democrat. It's acting as though the past few decades of American politics since Clinton didn't happen.
I get what you’re saying but I’m referring to this unprecedented low level they’ve stooped to in recent months. Even progressive Warren went two faced on progressives. Party unity my ass. feck them.

Top post. You have given a great response to a crucial topic not engaging in silly banter and sly digs that I would have done. I'm not proud of my arguments in this thread sometimes but I get exasperated when people won't vote because their nominee didn't get through

I won't call you a fool. You live in FL man, let's go out for a drink and I will try to convince why you should not give up now. But I'm sure you'll do the right thing come general election time. Also, maybe Dnc will fully be behind Sanders
I’m still hopeful the right thing will be done. I’m speaking this way on hypotheticals still. I haven’t given up but I personally see a different way than others on here to get to where our politics need to be.

Even if you can convince me, you’re not gonna convince the other millions who will stay home on the hypothetical scenario a Bloomberg or Biden usurps the nomination.

Good post. I see the point of the Bernie' bros, but at the end of the day, it is almost sure that RGB is going to be replaced by the end of next presidency, and there could be another conservative pick, making the court 6-3 or 7-2 in favour of Republicans. Add to that, probably half of the judges in district level will be Trump appointees.

Good luck with enforcing a progressive agenda after that. In many aspects it won't matter who will be the president if the entire judicial system is going to be that one-sided. The only way to destroy McConnell's "long game" is to remove GOP from power at all costs. Even if the chosen candidate is not your favorite.

I get what you’re saying but I’m referring to this unprecedented low level they’ve stooped to in recent months. Even progressive Warren went two faced on progressives. Party unity my ass. feck them.
I just think that this isn’t really a new low. Even ‘08 Obama was mostly a mirage.

Won’t respond to all but I disagree with the bit about M4A. If it turns out to be popular, which I’m sure it will, it’s going to be difficult to take away something people love. Republicans have already shown they don’t want to piss off their base. Obamacare on the other hand was not popular overall.

Your vote is more crucial than others. One is because you are from Florida but more importantly you are my friend
If Bernie lost fair and square, then I would be okay to support the Dem nominee. That was arguably the case in 2016. But this party is actively trying to screw him with no logic to back it up the reasoning and not even being subtle about it while turning face and preaching uNiTy. I’m sorry but I will not reward them by having no spine and descend to compliance if that happens to be the case. And it’s not just me you have to convince but millions of others who will feel the same.

He didn't drop out. He partook in an exploratory exercise to examine the potential effect of remaining in the Democratic Presidential race and has concluded after extensive statistical analysis that his path to the white house has hit the road block of inevitability.

That sounds like dropping out but with extra steps ;)

Every time I hear his name I think of that scene in Bruno :lol:
The only time I’ve seen that movie, I was robotripping hard with a couple of friends. And that made and already strange movie 100x more strange. And i kept tilting my head because the screen always seemed off centered the whole time. Good times. Wouldn’t recommend that as a vice though :lol:

That’s right Pete, you need to broaden and galvanise the Democratic base and the best way to do that quite clearly is by alienating the front runner and his supporters.

Terrible post.

Status
Not open for further replies.