2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of the argument that Democrats have to reach out religious conservatives now? Because no matter how immoral Trump is the Republican party continue to get their vote. Biden has cut into it better for Dems compared to elections going back many years and according to some conservative pundits it is because he evokes being Catholic and how faith affected his life on a personal level like after his wife and daughter died. But in the south abortion is a single issue vote clincher for many voters so Trump's stances on the issue negate his personal moral failings.

On the contrary, Evangelicals have laid their cards out. It’s nothing to do with family values, morals and being a good person of faith. They've tied their flag to regressive issues like anti-LGBT, anti-abortion and anti-immigration. You can’t appeal to these people, you have to outnumber them.

What do you think of the argument that Democrats have to reach out religious conservatives now? Because no matter how immoral Trump is the Republican party continue to get their vote. Biden has cut into it better for Dems compared to elections going back many years and according to some conservative pundits it is because he evokes being Catholic and how faith affected his life on a personal level like after his wife and daughter died. But in the south abortion is a single issue vote clincher for many voters so Trump's stances on the issue negate his personal moral failings.

The difficulty with winning over the religious right is that their end goal is a society in which transgressing their take on 'Christian values' is illegal, rather than one in which elected officials live their lives in accordance with 'Christian values', which they just see as a nice bonus.

If they actively voted for the candidate who, in their individual choices/behaviour, adhered most to their values, that would be something a (straight, male) Democratic politician could work with. But they don't, they vote on the basis of which candidate is more likely to embed 'Christian values' into the legal system, which inevitably will be the Republican.

:lol: whoever is in control of my tagline is now responsible for much of the terror free joy in my life the last 3 days.

Education and a more global perspective. I have a masters degree and have traveled to Europe and the Middle East.

Cool. Having stayed in the States for half a year, I can totally understand how many Americans would have never left the country before and have very insular worldview, given the vastness of the country. It is just very difficult for foreigners to comprehend.

Don’t think democrats could sway any real
number of religious conservatives. Such people basically all have evangelical leanings that the party platform cannot pierce right now.

That's how I would lean. I guess what surprised me was Biden did better among those voters far more than previous Democratic nominees going back many elections. It might be a unique one off that he pulled off for 2020 but maybe others can follow.

I don't know if it's been already posted, but I'm a John King fan and it made me laugh.

I'm in total love with him.

racist.exe stopped working.

Comedy gold :lol:
The updated file has now been programmed to reply with "That is fake news, swearing on the bible is in the first amendment and any proof to the contrary is a conspiracy by the deep state which has replaced every copy of the constitution in the world with a fake one and Hillary Clinton's email proves she eats pizza with baby blood sauce and MAGA."

That's how I would lean. I guess what surprised me was Biden did better among those voters far more than previous Democratic nominees going back many elections. It might be a unique one off that he pulled off for 2020 but maybe others can follow.
Could conceivably be the major group of voters in this country with the least amount of undecideds to remain currently.

You or me?! I’m meant to be working on a report for a client but can’t stop bloody refreshing this thread!!
Same. I'll do well to get over 50% chargeable work this week, hopefully my manager will see my interest in the US elections as well-spent personal development :lol:

This guy on board on CNN is the best. Know a hid figures and can string a sentence together

I don't know if it's been already posted, but I'm a John King fan and it made me laugh.

I'm in total love with him.

Made me chuckle as well. John King is awesome, however I do wonder if him and his Mini Me are getting a little bit tired of repeating the same things over and over again with no new votes to take into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.