2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would it take for Clinton to win every state?
Trump would have to do something that utterly appalls his base the day before the election. Something like burning the Star-spangled banner using the Bible as fuel, while endorsing Clinton and calling all his supporters idiots for believing him.

If he does it too soon, or gets arrested in some way (something that takes him off the ticket), the Republicans will just field Pence and lose, but the US is too polarized for any candidate on either side to win all the states - so it won't be a whitewash. Deep Red states would probably vote Traffic Cone (R) over Clinton simply because Clinton is too liberal for them.

Trump would have to do something that utterly appalls his base the day before the election. Something like burning the Star-spangled banner using the Bible as fuel, while endorsing Clinton and calling all his supporters idiots for believing him.

Add to that piss on St. Reagan's grave.

CqPVA2UWcAAeXpF.jpg:large

:lol: For fecks sake. The ego on that cnut! Unbelievable.

What was he doing in La anyway?

Crowd size la

I think Dan Pfeiffer nailed it. With the Bannon's hire, he's basically building his TV/paper following post election now. A Hannity, Drumpf, Ailes + Breitbart combo with sway over 25% of the GOP base is pretty terrifying tbh.

But, whatever the size, “campaign events probably don’t influence voters”, Ohio State political scientist Thomas Wood said.
He also found that a limited effect of visits for those voters who did notice: support increased by 2-3% the day after a stop, and was fading by the third day. After visits, independents were 5% more likely to vote for Romney, Wood found, and they were the only group affected for longer than two days, leading him to conclude that they might only affect an extremely close election.

In the study, published this week in the Annals of the American Academic of Political and Social Science, Wood asked: “If visits have only a moderate impact on voters, but consume vast amounts of the candidates’ and their staff’s time, attention and resources, why not neglect visits and instead redouble candidates’ attention to fundraising?”

Clinton is not the best speaker, but Trump is going to get ripped apart in the debates (if he decides to show). He flip flops on so many issues, doesn't have any real plans, he'll just say something like this:

Clinton is not the best speaker, but Trump is going to get ripped apart in the debates (if he decides to show). He flip flops on so many issues, doesn't have any real plans, he'll just say something like this:

I think Trump will be fine because she may not want to engage him on his flip flops since he may go negative on her - ranging from her emails to calling her husband a rapist.

I think Trump will be fine because she may not want to engage him on his flip flops since he may go negative on her - ranging from her emails to calling her husband a rapist.

That's a good point, but policy will eventually come up over the 3 debates and when they do, Clinton is invariably stronger than Trump

He flip flops on so many issues
hillary clinton does, too.

make no mistake though, I'm not disagreeing with you - I dislike both candidates and I won't be voting for either (again, not that it matters because MD is a strong dem state). I just don't think this election is nailed on for hillary as the MSM and many here in this thread claims.

hillary clinton does, too.

make no mistake though, I'm not disagreeing with you - I dislike both candidates and I won't be voting for either (again, not that it matters because MD is a strong dem state). I just don't think this election is nailed on for hillary as the MSM and many here in this thread claims.

I don't think its nailed on, I mean anything can happen - just look at the Brexit vote. I just think that in the debates, when real policies have to be talked about, Clinton will run away with it (if she isn't already)

I don't think its nailed on, I mean anything can happen - just look at the Brexit vote. I just think that in the debates, when real policies have to be talked about, Clinton will run away with it (if she isn't already)
whether he flusters on the final hurdle remains to be seen, though he's won all previous battles despite looking like a complete outsider at the beginning.

I don't like giving credit to trump, but he knows what he's doing - at least in the campaign so far. he's drawing large crowds in rallies and speeches despite MSM's insistence that his campaign is "finished". silent majority could well strike again.

whether he flusters on the final hurdle remains to be seen, though he's won all previous battles despite looking like a complete outsider at the beginning.

I don't like giving credit to trump, but he knows what he's doing - at least in the campaign so far. he's drawing large crowds in rallies and speeches despite MSM's insistence that his campaign is "finished". silent majority could well strike again.

I get what you mean, but the Republican primaries are nothing like the actual Presidential debates. Just like, you would expect turn out in the election to be much more than in the primaries

He's going to be talking to about 100 million voters, most of whom, I hope, will see through his rhetoric

Status
Not open for further replies.