2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are everywhere. My mate is from there and says they climb into parked cars through the pipes/gaps, so everyday you need a careful dusting before driving out. They even have fecking water spiders in the pool. Truly dangerous place, that!

I´d just die from a heart attack or in a car accident. Spiders are easily the most evil thing in the world. Usually I´d suggest to go nuclear and say goodbye to Australia, but heck, spiders survive this shit and will come back bigger and stronger. Sometimes you just have to surrender and abandon the field. Let them have it and sacrifice a couple of virgins each year to appease them.

I know you are used to spiders but did you ever saw the size of spiders in Australia?
spider_getty
.30-06 is now a suitable round for spiders then

Btw, you guys talking about spiders, how about taking a step down a trail while walking your dogs and in your peripheral you see something of color move near your feet. You look down and it's FECKING COPPERHEAD about 18-24 inches in length.

That was me last weekend. Thankfully it didn't try to bite nor did I step on it. After my initial "WHOA HOLY FECK" out load shout, I was quite curious about my new acquaintance. Finally managed to get it to leave the main trail into the wooded area. My dogs were curious too but I held them back although Jimmy wanted to get the snake as it slithered away.

The quality of speakers between Dems convention and last week can't be more pronounced. We still have Obama, Hillary and Tim Kaine who's supposed to be a really good speaker as well.

I like Bloomberg's speech. Basically speaking to the people that are independent/in the middle/disappointed Repubs. Grilling Trump properly.

The quality of speakers between Dems convention and last week can't be more pronounced. We still have Obama, Hillary and Tim Kaine who's supposed to be a really good speaker as well.

Honestly it's like watching two conventions of two different countries. The RNC was the beginning of the end for the GOP as we know it.

They've had some good zingers tonight. Maybe not as loud or entertainment worthy as rhetoric from the other side, but certainly the little pot shots that will draw some sort of idiotic tweet response by the giant cheetoman.

Always said it, when the Democratic establishment got firmly behind Clinton, Trump's appeal would drop. To have Bloomberg is a bonus, but the Dems have far more capable communicators than the Republicans - especially when you consider that most of the GOP top brass want nothing to do with Trump.

Btw, you guys talking about spiders, how about taking a step down a trail while walking your dogs and in your peripheral you see something of color move near your feet. You look down and it's FECKING COPPERHEAD about 18-24 inches in length.

That was me last weekend. Thankfully it didn't try to bite nor did I step on it. After my initial "WHOA HOLY FECK" out load shout, I was quite curious about my new acquaintance. Finally managed to get it to leave the main trail into the wooded area. My dogs were curious too but I held them back although Jimmy wanted to get the snake as it slithered away.
You caught a break there. A bite from a copperhead would ruin your day.

Where do you live? Luckily we don't have those things around.

You caught a break there. A bite from a copperhead would ruin your day.

So I've heard. And would have likely killed my dog (or both if this snake went Chuck Norris on all of us present). Likely a juvenile and was more fearful of me as a giant predator.

There's been an increase in snake encounters and bites this summer in Georgia, supposedly due to the drier season. I'm probably going to get the dogs some antivenom stuff and look into purchasing an injector kit at Bass Pro for myself. I've run into the copperhead and two rat snakes so far. Well, at least one rat snake that was basking in the weeds with half it's back end laying in the dirt. Very calm snake, just laid there checking us out as we checked it out. The other snake bolted the opposite way as fast as it had come our way but was black, 2-3 feet long, sort of thick but don't think it was a moccasin, likely a rat snake of sorts.

Did the almost the same, except it was a water moccasin I mistook for a cow patty. I saw something inanimate and longer than I was tall suddenly turn to life and spring from under my feet. Edit: @Carolina Red you're spot on with the farm pond...that's where I was at.

Off topic, but more interesting than being smothered with coverage of these conventions...

One thing I've noticed about these snakes is they will mimic the sound of a rattlesnake tail by flicking the tail against grass, weeds, dirt, whatever. The copperhead did it as it left the main trail, the one rat snake did it while I was checking it out. Never knew this and is just something awesome about evolution.

The anti venom is a good shout.
Afaik only the copperhead and water moccasin are a danger in your area. I've always played it safe when seeing a snake swimming towards the riverbank. Could be a harmless black snake or...
I never let them too close to find out for sure; safer just to get out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.