2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what must be frustrating to the GOP establishment who just within the past two weeks swallowed their collective pride and endorsed him, only to turn around and randomly spew out the Mexican judge and My African American stuff. They must be bricking it right about now.

True. Whilst Hillary accused Trump of being unpredictable, she is dangerously predictable. Hillary is always trying to prove how tough she is, how tough America is etc. Trump is unqualified to be President because he lacks both the necessary experience and good judgment. Clinton, by contrast, has the extensive experience that proves that she too lacks the good judgment to be President.

We're fukt either way.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't deporting illegal immigrants be simply a matter of following and applying existing laws?

As for Muslim ban, doesn't US CBP have the option to deny entry to anyone they see fit?

It would violate at least the First Amendment.

True. Whilst Hillary accused Trump of being unpredictable, she is dangerously predictable. Hillary is always trying to prove how tough she is, how tough America is etc. Trump is unqualified to be President because he lacks both the necessary experience and good judgment. Clinton, by contrast, has the extensive experience that proves that she too lacks the good judgment to be President.

We're fukt either way.

Since you like neither, and going by your past stances, I'd guess you natural vote would be Gary Johnson?

It will be interesting to see what level of violence accompanies the General Election. Already have seen some from both sides. If the polls stay close and the campaign becomes particularly heated, I can honestly see a huge level of spiraling violence taking place, as one group reacts, then the other responds, which in turns draws another reaction, then a response, etc. I would not even be surprised to see polling places shut down on election day due to violent protests.

An interesting senate race here in CA. Long-term Senator Boxer is retiring and, because of an open-primary and the top two vote-getters only progressing to the election, it looks as though it will be contested between two dems. No republican will get enough votes.

Republican party is almost extinct in CA.

An interesting senate race here in CA. Long-term Senator Boxer is retiring and, because of an open-primary and the top two vote-getters only progressing to the election, it looks as though it will be contested between two dems. No republican will get enough votes.

Isn't Kamala Harris locked on?

We're fukt either way.

Proper fecked with Trump, metaphorically with Clinton. ;)

We're fukt either way.

Clinton is a political caricature. Every country has a similar one. Many even make top posts. Trump is a laughing stock. Few countries let him take centre stage, far less nominate them for president.

You're fukt either way, but this is a no contest. Clinton > Trump.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't deporting illegal immigrants be simply a matter of following and applying existing laws?

As for Muslim ban, doesn't US CBP have the option to deny entry to anyone they see fit?

That's the subject of intense debate in the United States. Long story short, it is arguably already inherent in the power of the executive branch to deport any illegal alien at any time. The US Constitution has a provision known as the "take care" clause, which essentially requires the executive branch to enforce the law. President XYZ may not ignore the law as he or she wishes and must enforce the law, albeit within a wide range of latitude for contingencies. If President XYZ ignore the, let's say, Clean Air Act, a citizen may bring suit in a United States federal court to compel the EPA to enforce the law. The courts sort it out. It gets much murkier with respect to immigration but the basic premise that the federal government must enforce the law is fundamental as a matter of constitutional law. A President Trump will argue that the law as it stands right now compels him to remove all illegal aliens and send them back to their home country and his legal argument would not be irrational, although in the end I can't see the courts allowing the full purging in 11 million human beings. The unwritten agreement in the US is that if you are an illegal alien and conduct yourself appropriately (work, pay taxes and don't commit crimes) you will not be deported. A lot of people don't like this policy, but most are ok with it. But Trump has made his views on the mass deportation force quite clear. Wherever one stands on existing law, the need for a reform of our immigration laws is undeniable. But for Trump, the problem is easily solved by the eradication of illegal aliens.

As for the Muslim entry ban, that one probably falls into the "I pulled it out my ass" hat after San Bernardino. But he's never recanted it. This one I will grant you probably gets forgotten under a hypothetical Trump Administration, while he attends to first things first -- carving his mug into Mount Rushmore.

That explains why the state is bankrupt

Far from it. At local level like congressmen, mayors and county supervisors they are doing quite nicely: the mayor of San Diego for instance. Sacramento ( Psychomento according one conservative radio talk show host) lives in a bubble of total democrat control of state government.

County Supervisors :lol:

San Diego repubs are pretty liberal too. All the hardcore repubs down there are dying off.
Orange County and the farming areas like Fresno and Bakersfield are typically pretty conservative. But otherwise, yeah California is almost exclusively made up of Democrats.

The big population centers are definitely lopsidedly Democratic. Even the Republican areas are far less conservative than the median in the rest of the country.

Read somewhere California owes 195 billion dollars to state workers. I'm not surprised California is a democrat state because California is a welfare state they are loaded with the so called freeloaders and they aren't voting for anybody who wants to change - crap means they actually would have to work.
http://m.ocregister.com/articles/work-679872-welfare-california.html

To be fair, California is chock full of freeloaders because the weather is nice not because of any particular political ideology.

Orange County and the farming areas like Fresno and Bakersfield are typically pretty conservative. But otherwise, yeah California is almost exclusively made up of Democrats.

You've also got those weirdo knobheads upstate who want to break away into their own state of Jefferson!

Far from it. At local level like congressmen, mayors and county supervisors they are doing quite nicely: the mayor of San Diego for instance. Sacramento ( Psychomento according one conservative radio talk show host) lives in a bubble of total democrat control of state government.

"Psychomento"...that's one I've never heard before! :lol:

Excremento used to be popular with the locals but it's died off in recent years as the city has become quite a gustatory destination. I think I'll go with psychomento from now on.

But back to politics. After Trump gets through with the Republican Party, it will be in rigor mortis in California (life support now) and will effectively become a purely regional party in the US, with its remaining strongholds in the Deep South and parts of the Midwest. The negligent insanity of party leaders for not putting cement shoes on this racist asshole boggles the mind.

"Psychomento"...that's one I've never heard before! :lol:

Excremento used to be popular with the locals but it's died off in recent years as the city has become quite a gustatory destination. I think I'll go with psychomento from now on.

But back to politics. After Trump gets through with the Republican Party, it will be in rigor mortis in California (life support now) and will effectively become a purely regional party in the US, with its remaining strongholds in the Deep South and parts of the Midwest. The negligent insanity of party leaders for not putting cement shoes on this racist asshole boggles the mind.

Sacremento is possibly the only place I've been where the radio announces when the air quality is so bad you shouldn't go out in it :D

To be fair, California is chock full of freeloaders because the weather is nice not because of any particular political ideology.

Who are these freeloaders? We've got gobs of illegal aliens, no question, but most of them are here to work on fields and in restaurants and hotels, not to collect welfare checks while lounging on the beach all day. Dig a little under the surface and you'll find meth heads (mostly white, but not exclusively) all over the state in the more hostile climate of the so-called Inland Empire and Central Valley, where temps will top 100 for about 4 months a year.

Sacremento is possibly the only place I've been where the radio announces when the air quality is so bad you shouldn't go out in it :D

It's mostly the heat that's a problem here, not the air quality. But the two go together. When we get up to 105-100F air quality deteriorates but it's not unsafe. What radio announcers urge their listeners is not to make an any unnecessary trips in their cars.

I grew up in LA and the air quality was so bad we had days when schools were closed and children were ordered to stay home. Nasty, eye-stinging stuff. We've got nothing like that any longer, except when wildfire fire season is really bad. August through October, oh my.

It's mostly the heat that's a problem here, not the air quality. But the two go together. When we get up to 105-100F air quality deteriorates but it's not unsafe. What radio announcers urge their listeners is not to make an any unnecessary trips in their cars.

I grew up in LA and the air quality was so bad we had days when schools were closed and children were ordered to stay home. Nasty, eye-stinging stuff. We've got nothing like that any longer, except when wildfire fire season is really bad. August through October, oh my.

Ah ok, so that's it. I just thought it was a funny thing to hear. We stayed in, listened to baseball on the radio and drank beer :D

Grew up in L.A. as well in the 60s and 70s and I remember those summers of stinging eyes and chest pains and the smoke coloured skies of October. I think back about that now and can´t believe that was true. That´s just crazy pollution.

Should be an interesting day. Paul Ryan just accused Trump of making racist comments, which will no doubt blanket the news cycle for the next 24 hours since Trump will almost certainly respond.

Should be an interesting day. Paul Ryan just accused Trump of making racist comments, which will no doubt blanket the news cycle for the next 24 hours since Trump will almost certainly respond.

It´s funny you have these Republicans coming out and having to admit Trump´s racism, and then you have to wonder if they are realising maybe that´s a big part of the reason why their party elected him with the most primary votes a Republican has ever received.

Hmmm???

In fact, with the lack of a Trump filter, I would´t be surprised if Donald were to respond, "well, why do you think I got such a yuuuuge vote total??!!

That's what must be frustrating to the GOP establishment who just within the past two weeks swallowed their collective pride and endorsed him, only to turn around and randomly spew out the Mexican judge and My African American stuff. They must be bricking it right about now.

You can't control what you don't understand.

I'm pretty sure Lindsey Graham just endorsed Clinton...

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/lindsey-graham-un-endorse-trump-223989?cmpid=sf

There's one option remaining for the Republican Party to take the nomination away from Drumpf. The delegates can vote at the convention to unbound themselves, and vote freely thereafter. There'll be riots at Cleveland if that's the case but either they do that or watch the Latino votes forever be out of their reach, effectively ending any presidential aspiration of the party.

Status
Not open for further replies.