2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's more than enough material to attack Trump with. Problem so far has been making it stick.

There's more than enough material to attack Trump with. Problem so far has been making it stick.

Reagan (The Teflon President) and Bill Clinton both had advisors who knew the importance of controlling the message. Make an issue about something else, turn it around on your attackers, etc. So far Trump is doing a good job of that, but so far he has only really faced Republicans and their primary voters. I have a feeling things will stick a bit more in the general election.

It is too bad none of the other smaller parties can get any air time, this might be a year for one or more of them to make some strides. A viable third-party/independent candidate would have the best chance ever of winning this thing. It would have to be a centrist though, someone who could pull moderates from both parties. I just don't think someone like that exists.

As far as the current polling goes, I don't pay much attention to it, especially if it is not broken down state by state, which is how it will really matter.

Sometimes you come across an image and it sort of jolts you back to reality. I mean, you see this . . . and who on earth would elect a zero-experienced political guy like this president of a modern, educated, sophisticated, first world nation??? Good god . . . "from the star of The Apprentice," Mr. Birther himself.

trumpbook.jpg

Here ya go (And don´t forget he already bollocked war hero John McCain for being a wuss and getting captured . . . and polled well for it).

Yeah didn't forget about the McCain remark. So screwing a veteran has already been done, and nothing happens... we're screwed. I just hope the apathetic don't all stay home when the day comes.

Did he call him a coward just because he got shutdown and captured?

Edit: Nope just said he isn't a hero and really shat upon anyone who has been a POW.
No, I don't think he said he isn't a hero, just that he is only a hero because he was captured. Unless I'm wrong. I don't see too much wrong with that and that's coming from someone with a huge military family.

He was awarded a Bronze Star for actions before he was captured and a Silver Star for his actions during captivity, including not accepting to be released early, and overall resistance to torture and poor conditions. The military would seem to think he was somewhat heroic.

Trump on McCain:

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren’t captured.”

Now imagine that statement in a man-baby's voice.

He was awarded a Bronze Star for actions before he was captured and a Silver Star for his actions during captivity, including not accepting to be released early, and overall resistance to torture and poor conditions. The military would seem to think he was somewhat heroic.
I agree, definitely a war hero and his resolve while in the military is something I admire highly.

So it was just usual Trump, talking nonsense about an issue he knew nothing about. People thought (again) it would be his downfall, because Veterans are one of these things it would seem you can't say anything negative about without everyone revolting against you. But... here we are.

So it was just usual Trump, talking nonsense about an issue he knew nothing about. People thought (again) it would be his downfall, because Veterans are one of these things it would seem you can't say anything negative about without everyone revolting against you. But... here we are.
I don't follow too much, but how does he not get sunk by things that would kill everyone else?

I don't follow too much, but how does he not get sunk by things that would kill everyone else?

Because we're in the Twilight Zone, is the best explanation I can offer.

My other is that as a result of 2 decades or so of nonsense right-wing speak (and I'm a rightie on some counts, but these people are insane) on talk radio and Fox News you ended up with the Tea Party first, and then when that failed to deliver what it promised (because it promised everything), it took the rejection of "insiders" as a principle to record highs from the right. And so came along the outsider, and it was a match made in heaven.

No, I don't think he said he isn't a hero, just that he is only a hero because he was captured. Unless I'm wrong. I don't see too much wrong with that and that's coming from someone with a huge military family.
5 1/2 years in a prison camp, tortured, 2 years in solitary, yeah it's only because he was captured. All coming from a guy who took student deferments and did not so much as serve in the national guard.

This line of attack is now seen as legitimate, and that's because of the craziness surrounding "tell it like it is" Trump and equally because of draft-dodger Bush's attacks on Kerry.

5 1/2 years in a prison camp, tortured, 2 years in solitary, yeah it's only because he was captured. All coming from a guy who took student deferments and did not so much as serve in the national guard.

:nono: He was busy combatting STIs. It's just as heroic, don't you know?

And the bone spurs. He's so heroic he now doesn't remember which leg he got it on, a normal man without his legendary resistance to pain would remember this painful ailment :wenger:.

:nono: He was busy combatting STIs. It's just as heroic, don't you know?

And the bone spurs. He's so heroic he now doesn't remember which leg he got it on, a normal man without his legendary resistance to pain would remember this painful ailment :wenger:.

He's a fool. Like I said, I haven't been following it too much. I just have a huge military family and figured if they didn't see anything wrong with the quotes then maybe they were being blown out of proportion.

But funnily enough, and I'm not trying to defend trump, I got a really bad knee injury (didn't require surgery) 5 years ago, and honestly I don't remember which knee it was on. And I missed 2 seasons because of it.

Trump on McCain:

“He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren’t captured.”

Now imagine that statement in a man-baby's voice.

Or if Pres Obama had made that claim. Oh the right wing would rip him to shreds. Trump would attack him. And on and on. But Trump gets barely a mention of it.

He's a fool. Like I said, I haven't been following it too much. I just have a huge military family and figured if they didn't see anything wrong with the quotes then maybe they were being blown out of proportion.

But funnily enough, and I'm not trying to defend trump, I got a really bad knee injury (didn't require surgery) 5 years ago, and honestly I don't remember which knee it was on. And I missed 2 seasons because of it.

The Apprentice?

Or if Pres Obama had made that claim. Oh the right wing would rip him to shreds. Trump would attack him. And on and on. But Trump gets barely a mention of it.
Mostly because he is fantastic at manipulating the news cycle
Say something on twitter or a controversial policy... Or a daft soundbite (get massive publicity) let the news networks start the next day with it high on the agenda but then say something else and the new thing becomes the story... Or the story is that he is always saying something
Just make sure you smother the coverage of the opposition
Repeat until president

Trump coming to the UK on 24th June...
I wonder what controversial thing he will come up with?
Probably something about Brexit... And our apparent muslim problem
I wonder if he is going to face any protests over here?

The argument I've heard is that he's such a cartoon, people have gotten used to his buffoonery and hence it's just Trump "doing a Trump thing".

What I don't get is why that isn't hurting him.

Rory McIlroy just owned Trump! @Rado_N you will appreciate this one.

They have moved one of the WGC (World Golf Championship) events from Trumps Doral course to Mexico City, Trump is obviously furious and spilling uber shit like "I hope they have kidnapping insurance" and other racist bollocks like that. Rory said "it's great for the game, it's also kind of ironic that we go to Mexico after being at Doral, we just jump over the wall" The dig was met with much mirth from the press. :lol: Priceless, I'm now awaiting Trumps response to Rory, he wont like that at all. He's losing it big time, and it's tremendous to watch, the feckin idiot!

Rory McIlroy just owned Trump! @Rado_N you will appreciate this one.

They have moved one of the WGC (World Golf Championship) events from Trumps Doral course to Mexico City, Trump is obviously furious and spilling uber shit like "I hope they have kidnapping insurance" and other racist bollocks like that. Rory said "it's great for the game, it's also kind of ironic that we go to Mexico after being at Doral, we just jump over the wall" The dig was met with much mirth from the press. :lol: Priceless, I'm now awaiting Trumps response to Rory, he wont like that at all. He's losing it big time, and it's tremendous to watch, the feckin idiot!
:lol:

Endorsements have negligible effects on voters.

But yes, Jerry Brown and the Clintons have an animosity way back to the '92 primary.

Endorsements have negligible effects on voters.

But yes, Jerry Brown and the Clintons have an animosity way back to the '92 primary.

Jerry Brown is a progressive (AFAIK), this could switch a few I'd guess.

In more bad news for Bernie,
http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...ccuses-dnc-of-keeping-labor-union-members-off
Sanders: DNC kept union members off platform drafting committee

But they allowed a pro-Palestinian activist? I always thought anti-Israel was bigger kryptonite than anti-corporate!

Hillary Clinton: Trump is too dangerous and unstable to have the nuclear codes

“Donald Trump’s ideas aren’t just different, they’re dangerously incoherent. They’re not even really ideas, just a series of bizarre rants, personal feuds and outright lies, He is not just unprepared. He is temperamentally unfit to hold an office that requires knowledge, stability and immense responsibility.

Imagine Donald Trump sitting in the situation room making life or death decisions on behalf of the United States. Do we want him making those calls? Someone thin-skinned and quick to anger. Do we want his finger anywhere near the button? Making Donald Trump our commander-in-chief would be a historic mistake.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...n-donald-trump-speech-foreign-policy-security

Status
Not open for further replies.