2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
so are Hillary and Cruz mate.

serial liars.

Hilary definitely lies, 100%, but to be fair I haven't heard Cruz lie. I'm not saying he doesn't, but I haven't heard any. He's very principled and extremely deluded and full of self importance and is very dangerous, but that all comes from his beliefs. It's really sad when these 3 are the leading choice for President.

Hilary definitely lies, 100%, but to be fair I haven't heard Cruz lie. I'm not saying he doesn't, but I haven't heard any. He's very principled and extremely deluded and full of self importance and is very dangerous, but that all comes from his beliefs. It's really sad when these 3 are the leading choice for President.

Not from his mouth, but what about the Carson Iowa stuff? He had to apologise for that.

go hear his talk about abortion. Just saying that one.

He is not deluded. Clever man.

The only reason I wont be voting for him is he is unstable.

There's just no evidence he'll pivot to the center or take centrist views if he's voted to the office. He has played the system, sometimes successfully, many times otherwise, greased the hands of politicians and has a massive ego. He's just not unstable, he doesn't have a strong position on anything, doesn't mean he'll pivot to the center.

There's just no evidence he'll pivot to the center or take centrist views if he's voted to the office. He has played the system, sometimes successfully, many times otherwise, greased the hands of politicians and has a massive ego. He's just not unstable, he doesn't have a strong position on anything, doesn't mean he'll pivot to the center.

I have listened to him.

Social Security
Taxation
Health Care

not going to go into it. You can listen for yourself.

If he does not move to the middle, he will lose his power base.

Or we can disagree.

I think you can make a case for Trump being the most honest out of all the candidates. Or the most blatant liar, I'm not sure.

A reminder of the effect on incomes with Donald Trump's tax plan:

09-trump-tax-proposal-income.w529.h352.jpg

Progressive!

Absolutely. Same auld guff as usual. Cruz and his ilk are all for these babies until the day they are born, at which point they will do everything in their power to deny them any chance in life.

Cruz and the rest in the GOP get their marching orders from the RNC (Trump currently being the exception, that is why they don't want him)The RNC is owned by people/corporations that they get their money from. They don't care what the RNC says, so long as their policies keep the money coming into their hands. Trump is feared by these people and the RNC, because he wants to cut his own deals, by passing the brokers. He may go to people who own the DNC.

Both parties treat their voters like toilet paper.

What about the fact that he had used racism,sexism,nationalism (more than others) and islamophobia to win his nomination?

Do you really want trump to be a blueprint others will consider following.

Err...what's different from other past repub nominees? Maybe they word it better but the sentiment is the same.

It's all him! Obviously.

@Raoul @fishfingers15 do the News Channels/Networks ratings always go up around election time?

Ratings usually go up during Presidential cycles, but never as they have this time. Trump is actually quite correct that he is driving the ratings. People are more likely to tune into a foodfight than ordinary news.

Cruz lashes out at Bush and other 'moderates' for supporting John Roberts as Chief Justice. He wrote the 2 rulings that saved Obamacare but has been completely a win for conservatives otherwise).
The issue is that Cruz endorsed him too, and his standard line was, "I will never let a moderate like Roberts fill the seat of Scalia."

People are more likely to tune into a foodfight than ordinary news.

Yeah, that's a good point. Are you still predicting a meltdown/blow-up? I think we both thought it was going to happen during one of the earlier debates, so he's proved us wrong on that one.

Yeah, that's a good point. Are you still predicting a meltdown/blow-up? I think we both thought it was going to happen during one of the earlier debates, so he's proved us wrong on that one.

There won't be many more Republican debates, if any, so that's unlikely. Still expect Trump to implode at some point, either before, during or after the convention. Its impossible to get elected President without getting a sizeable amount of minority voters, which Trump will struggle with. Ultimately, there aren't enough angry middle aged white people to get him to 270 in November.

There won't be many more Republican debates, if any, so that's unlikely. Still expect Trump to implode at some point, either before, during or after the convention. Its impossible to get elected President without getting a sizeable amount of minority voters, which Trump will struggle with. Ultimately, there aren't enough angry middle aged white people to get him to 270 in November.

Yeah, I suppose it's all going to depend on how the convention goes, I think he will keep a lid on it until then, although he's getting attacked from all sides at the moment.

Isn't that where Trump is giving his speech instead of attending the (now cancelled) Fox Debate?

Further to my point - Trump is a media created phenomenon fueled by networks obsessed with the financial windfalls of high ratings.

Yup. CNN and Fox and Ted Cruz all said he's had over $2 BILLION worth of press coverage so far, saves him paying for and running any ads. Madness. Credit to him for playing the game like that though.

Yup. CNN and Fox and Ted Cruz all said he's had over $2 BILLION worth of press coverage so far, saves him paying for and running any ads. Madness. Credit to him for playing the game like that though.

Furthermore, there's increasing speculation that Trump will at some point flame out, since he has pledged to self fund his campaign in the Gen and not accept public funding. Since it will cost over $1Billion which is isn't going to want to spend out of pocket. The guy is a complete fraud from top to bottom, which is why I hope he gets the nomination and gets pulverized by Hillary in Nov.

Furthermore, there's increasing speculation that Trump will at some point flame out, since he has pledged to self fund his campaign in the Gen and not accept public funding. Since it will cost over $1Billion which is isn't going to want to spend out of pocket. The guy is a complete fraud from top to bottom, which is why I hope he gets the nomination and gets pulverized by Hillary in Nov.

I agree completely, but he's contradicting himself there because he has donate functions on his website and apparently he has received a fair few million in donations already, not to mention the farce of him "lending" himself the campaign money he has spent so far. Plus him not releasing his tax returns, its all dodgy as hell. He's so disingenuous when it comes to financing issues. As you said, there's also been speculation of him just pulling out too. I think the only thing we can be sure of, is that we can't be sure of anything he will or won't do. And there is exactly why the media love him in the first place, box office because he's so unpredictable.

Uhm... Nope. He's said aloud in his rallies that he'll accept donors cash in the gen, and Christie confirmed that he'll return to traditional fundraising should he gets the nomination.

He ain't going independent though, that's for sure.

Uhm... Nope. He's said aloud in his rallies that he'll accept donors cash in the gen, and Christie confirmed that he'll return to traditional fundraising should he gets the nomination.

He ain't going independent though, that's for sure.

He has however created the narrative that he is self-funding which will ultimately come back to bite him.

Status
Not open for further replies.