2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kasich rules out being Trump's VP, not unsurprisingly

You'd think Christie doesn't actually want to be put through that either, but I'm not sure who would. Rick Scott?

Bernie lays out his final strategy on a platter - 04:00 to 05:30

I'm confused. First he sees he will get delegates from the west, and then convince superdelegates. Then he said that states that have supported him should give him supers like he has got pledged.

So is he going to be asking for all supers? Or for those in the states he won?

I'm confused. First he sees he will get delegates from the west, and then convince superdelegates. Then he said that states that have supported him should give him supers like he has got pledged.

So is he going to be asking for all supers? Or for those in the states he won?
I wonder if the line of thinking is that if blue states tend to have a higher number of Representatives and Senators (and therefore superdelegates), a portioning out of superdelegates along the lines of vote shares in those states may benefit him a fair bit more than Clinton? Haven't seen the figures on that though so just a guess. But it's clear from what he says that it would be to overturn a pledged delegate deficit.

I wonder if the line of thinking is that if blue states tend to have a higher number of Representatives and Senators (and therefore superdelegates), a portioning out of superdelegates along the lines of vote shares in those states may benefit him a fair bit more than Clinton? Haven't seen the figures on that though so just a guess. But it's clear from what he says that it would be to overturn a pledged delegate deficit.

Doesn't matter either way. Clinton bested Obama in both California and New York, she ain't losing to him there. If you go into the convention behind in pledged delegates by a fair margin as well as a few millions popular votes, having lost FL, OH, VA, MA, NY, CA, NC, there's no argument whatsoever about your supposed greater electability.

I think he knows it himself and is just trying to stretch credulity to keep his voters in the process. Dialed down a bit on the 'speech script' already.

Doesn't matter either way. Clinton bested Obama in both California and New York, she ain't losing to him there. If you go into the convention behind in pledged delegates by a fair margin as well as a few millions popular votes, having lost FL, OH, VA, MA, NY, CA, NC, there's no argument whatsoever about your supposed greater electability.

I think he knows it himself and is just trying to stretch credulity to keep his voters in the process. Dialed down a bit on the 'speech script' already.
Yeah, just had a look and even if he took every single CA and NY superdelegate (interestingly, just found out Bill counts as NY rather than AR!) whilst divvying up the rest vaguely proportionally according to performance, he'd still be barely level on them. New Hampshire was a bit of a rubbish example on his part as well in the interview, it has 8 superdelegates, same number as Louisiana.

Trump astonishingly starting up again with Megyn Kelly...you'd think he has more important things to do.

Fox News has already fired back....

"Donald Trump’s vitriolic attacks against Megyn Kelly and his extreme, sick obsession with her is beneath the dignity of a presidential candidate who wants to occupy the highest office in the land. Megyn is an exemplary journalist and one of the leading anchors in America — we’re extremely proud of her phenomenal work and continue to fully support her throughout every day of Trump’s endless barrage of crude and sexist verbal assaults. As the mother of three young children, with a successful law career and the second highest rated show in cable news, it’s especially deplorable for her to be repeatedly abused just for doing her job."

Trump astonishingly starting up again with Megyn Kelly...you'd think he has more important things to do.

Yeah, I saw that earlier too, that was one of a few tweets about her today. All this is because she asked him one question about his attacks on women, using an actual quote from him. It's ridiculous to the extreme, especially when you consider he loved her until she asked that question and has said "many many" times how she's a tremendous journalist. Like I and many others have said, if you are nice about him or pander to his ego, he will love you in return, say anything bad about him and he will come back at you tenfold.

Did you hear he had a go at Samuel L Jackson this week as well? SLJ said he knows that Trump cheats at golf and told a story about when they played together and Trump responded by saying he didn't even know who SLJ was and had never even met him. Of course that prompted loads of tweets showing the pair of them together and of them playing golf together. :lol:

Yeah, I saw that earlier too, that was one of a few tweets about her today. All this is because she asked him one question about his attacks on women, using an actual quote from him. It's ridiculous to the extreme, especially when you consider he loved her until she asked that question and has said "many many" times how she's a tremendous journalist. Like I and many others have said, if you are nice about him or pander to his ego, he will love you in return, say anything bad about him and he will come back at you tenfold.

I'm convinced he wants to feck (or hate feck) her. That's the only logical explanation.

The Jews must be so jealous...all the far right bigots used to blame the Jews in all of their conspiracies.

The muslims have taken over and are working hard to live up to the expectations. We're still a work in progress, but give it another decade and BOOM!

I'm not surprised - Cruz is a Christian fundamentalist and would much rather the US was a theocracy like Iran.
thats why I can't stand him

What I see about our next president: we will be involved in the Syria war and probably with Yemen, the economy will be controlled by marcelo's customers and the name of the president : Cruz or Hillary

He is very intelligent and he does speak really well to his people. It's not an easy thing to stand up there for forty minutes and waffle on about all those subjects and be able to engage people. Just look at Cruz who is clearly exceptionally smart but unable to really inspire anybody with his speaking. He just sounds like a lecturer the whole time.

I think a big problem with people like Trump is that they have gone through life with very few people saying 'no' or 'that's a stupid idea' to them. When you're a POTUS you absolutely need the advice and opinions of others and then you weigh them and make your decision. I could see Trump just going with his gut and getting things spectacularly wrong.

Supposedly he's got Rudy G in his corner working on a "cabinet" of sorts. This will further fire up the nutjob base and possibly bring some of the establishment into his corner as it will appear he's willing to play ball.

InfiniteBoredom said:
I'm a huge Lincoln fan so it might cloud my judgement. My beef with Washington is that he didn't do enough to suppress the Jeffersonian wing, which prevented Hamilton from many possible achievement that could make the US substantially different from this current states right nonsense. He was unanimously elected twice, with that influence he could've set the agenda and make the federal government much more important from the off.

This is partly conjecture so it may be bs, but IMO the goodwill that got him elected unaminously was partly as a result of him juggling the differing interests of Hamilton and Jefferson. Leaning too far to Hamilton may have endeared him to the northern states but would probably leave him with more enemies in the southern states and frontier territories. Plus, I would argue that the Union's negligence in clamping down on states rights post the Civil War had a much bigger influence on the current problems with balance of power disproportionately tilted towards the states.

You guys are history nerds and probably cock lickers. I will be the greatest president ever.

<signed>
Donald Trump

The Jews must be so jealous...all the far right bigots used to blame the Jews in all of their conspiracies.

The muslims have taken over and are working hard to live up to the expectations. We're still a work in progress, but give it another decade and BOOM!

I'm not surprised - Cruz is a Christian fundamentalist and would much rather the US was a theocracy like Iran.

Yep. Daily Beast had a piece the other day about his dominionist background. He's been chosen by his father god to be one of the kings of earth.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/14/does-ted-cruz-think-he-s-the-messiah.html

The Donald demanded WSJ to apologize for publishing an editorial pointing out that Hillary received more primaries votes than he did thus far :lol:

This is his thing though, isn't it? He actually has a psychological problem. He obsessively goes after people like this, in a similar way to that story of the magazine editor who he sends photos of his hands all the time with comments like "Not so small, are they", 25 years on from the incident.

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2015/10/graydon-carter-donald-trump

This is his thing though, isn't it? He actually has a psychological problem. He obsessively goes after people like this, in a similar way to that story of the magazine editor who he sends photos of his hands all the time with comments like "Not so small, are they", 25 years on from the incident.

:lol:

I love that. I'm surprised nobody picked him up on it when he was having a go at Rubio for it, because he said something along the lines of "I've never heard anyone say anything like that about my hands before, never" When it clearly came from somewhere, and obviously Rubio had just seen John Oliver's Trump/Drumpf takedown as everything he mentioned was in the show.

Its pretty clear what happened. Trump has had a crush on Kelly for a long time, she even said that he would email her after interviews and flirt with her. Then she humiliates him on national TV by bringing up the misogyny issue and like all insecure narcissists, he attacked her.

The RNC desperately wants anyone but Trump, not because of electability, but because Trump will not cut the same deals with their masters. It is simply about money.

It would destroy the RNC if Trump got elected.

The DNC also desperately does not want Bernie because they too are owned.

Nothing to do with electability.

Its pretty clear what happened. Trump has had a crush on Kelly for a long time, she even said that he would email her after interviews and flirt with her. Then she humiliates him on national TV by bringing up the misogyny issue and like all insecure narcissists, he attacked her.

Before that debate:
Xdkr8HZ.jpg

After that debate:
trump1.gif

Well, I've learned a new expression #reactionformation

:lol:

It's beyond a joke. Extremely Presidential behaviour though, instead of using Twitter to get people to vote for him or explain his policies and stuff he is stalking and harassing a fecking female journalist. The replies Megyn is getting because of this are horrific as well, death threats, and some truly vile insults. I am not her biggest fan by any means, she's not the worst on Fox, but she can be awful, but jeez she doesn't deserve this for asking him a question about something he said in the first place! It's relentless now.

Obsessed much?

He did this with a British female journo a while back, Selina Scott. Though obviously without the Twitter stuff. She interviewed him and didn't portray him brilliantly in it, which pissed him off, so he started sending her letters slagging her off (her looks and whatever), and then eventually just press clippings of his successes with messages scrawled in pen over them, "you're a loser!" and other such grown up shenanigans. This isn't an act, he's not just doing it to stay in the news, he's not going to become a fair-minded guy once he secures the nomination, he's just a childish misogynistic twat.

But he can pivot to the center :wenger:

He can say and do whatever the feck he wants can't he? He's a liberal to the Democrats and he's a Conservative to the Republicans and he's a racist, bigoted dictator to the Tea Party lot, he's a chameleon and can and will adapt to whatever or whoever he is with and what they want/need to hear. However it's all bullshit and he is clearly ill on so many different levels.

He can say and do whatever the feck he wants can't he? He's a liberal to the Democrats and he's a Conservative to the Republicans and he's a racist, bigoted dictator to the Tea Party lot, he's a chameleon and can and will adapt to whatever or whoever he is with and what they want/need to hear. However it's all bullshit and he is clearly ill on so many different levels.

so are Hillary and Cruz mate.

serial liars.

Yeah, I absolutely believe that, but it's a mental illness. The man is seriously sick. He really is.
I do think he has some sort of narcissistic personality disorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.