article-2043608-0E278F2700000578-613_306x423.jpg

Northern Mariana Islands Caucus - 9
Florida - 99 (winner takes all)
Illinois - 69
Missouri - 52
North Carolina - 72
Ohio - 66 (winner takes all)

Total: 367

Trump to win - Florida, Illinois, North Carolina and Northern Mariana Islands (this is a caucus and he normally struggles with them, but the party machinery is Pro- Trump)

Ohio to be close as hell, Kasich to maybe get a win?

Missouri will probably be weird like Iowa and break for Cruz?

Breaking: Trump wins, Northern Marianas Causus with 72.8% of the votes and as a result....wins all 9 delegates on offer!

Trump won 73 percent of the total 471 votes cast in the remote U.S. territory on Tuesday, followed by Ted Cruz with 24 percent, John Kasich at .02 percent and Marco Rubio at .01 percent.

Rubio :lol:

Northern Mariana Islands Caucus - 9
Florida - 99 (winner takes all)
Illinois - 69
Missouri - 52
North Carolina - 72
Ohio - 66 (winner takes all)

Total: 367

Trump to win - Florida, Illinois, North Carolina and Northern Mariana Islands (this is a caucus and he normally struggles with them, but the party machinery is Pro- Trump)

Ohio to be close as hell, Kasich to maybe get a win?

Missouri will probably be weird like Iowa and break for Cruz?
presumably trump will come out of today with around half the delegates on offer (even if he does not win ohio which of course he still may win)... if he carries on like this at some point people are going to stop talking about a brokered convention because he is going to win enough delegates outright

presumably trump will come out of today with around half the delegates on offer (even if he does not win ohio which of course he still may win)... if he carries on like this at some point people are going to stop talking about a brokered convention because he is going to win enough delegates outright

If he loses Ohio to Kasich the chances of brokered convention rise significantly, especially if Cruz fares better than expected in some of the other states (NC, MO, IL).

I think Cruz has a shot in IL and MO. Illinois polls had Cruz only 5 points behind and late deciders usually break against Trump. That should be enough to overhaul that gap.

Ohio is going to Kasich. Kasich was either leading or tied in the latest polls. Again with late deciders going against Trump, he isn't going to make up the difference.

Republican cnuts playing the long game...voter suppression.

Think I have at least 10 rants in this thread about this issue. A political party willfully working in a systematic manner to deny citizens the right to vote.
Always republican fault? I'm in New Jersey and vote fraud is almost normal, never understood why we don't have to show a form of ID when voting, I saw in 2008 a few older people making a fuss because someone voted for them, after all you need to know the persons name, you show up and they ask for your name then you need to sign in a book then go vote.

The other day Carl Rove stated that 5 GOP presidents were not in first place after the first round of delegate voting at the convention. Surprised me!

I wonder how much people cared in those races, I'd love to know which ones they are. There's one heck of a spotlight on this now that surely they couldn't get away with shafting Trump.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brokered_convention#Republican_Party

1976 was the last time a nominee didn't reach the required number, and it was averted on the first ballot. 1948 was the last time the GOP actually decided the nominee via brokered convention, though some came close to being brokered (that 1976 one and 1968). Surely with all of the attention they couldn't pull it off this time, certainly not in a way that takes them to the presidency.

Always republican fault? I'm in New Jersey and vote fraud is almost normal, never understood why we don't have to show a form of ID when voting, I saw in 2008 a few older people making a fuss because someone voted for them, after all you need to know the persons name, you show up and they ask for your name then you need to sign in a book then go vote.

Yes, it's always the republicans fault.

ALWAYS. The purpose is to make voting as difficult as possible for minorities.

Voter fraud is almost normal - hahaha.

How about giving me a taste of whatever it is you're smoking....voter fraud is normal :lol:

since 2000 in both primary and general elections just 31 incidents of alleged voter fraud — out of over 1 billion votes cast. Even fewer were actually prosecuted. A News21 investigation found just 10 cases of voter impersonation since 2000, and only 159 guilty verdicts in cases involving ineligible voters (like felons or non citizens illegally voting).

Democrats suggested automatic voter registration once a US citizen turns 18....the republicans have turned this down. Why? Why wouldn't you want citizens to be automatically registered...instead, Republican states and Governors are doing everything they can to restrict voting.

Between 2000 and 2010 there were 649 million votes cast in general elections and 13 cases of in-person voter impersonation convictions.

http://voterfraudfacts.com/

http://journalistsresource.org/stud...cal-evidence-government-accountability-office

Define normal. From what I have seen they are talking about minuscule levels of fraud. The stat I've seen was fraud levels of 0.001% or less.

She’s 86. She couldn’t get a photo ID. Look at the voter fraud we’ve prevented
86-year-old Reba Bowser, a Republican, has voted faithfully for six decades

This week, she tried to get a photo ID to vote in North Carolina this year

reba

Reba Howser and her son, Ed, with the voter registration form she filled out last week in Asheville. Courtesy of the Howser family

Reba Bowser seems like the kind of person North Carolina Republicans might want on their side this November.

She’s 86 years old. She’s been a staunch Republican for years. She’s also been a faithful voter since the Eisenhower administration, missing only the most recent election after moving from New Hampshire to western North Carolina to be close to her son’s family.

“Both my parents, they voted in every election,” that son, Ed Bowser, says. “My grandparents, too. They took this seriously.”

So this month, with the North Carolina primary approaching, Reba wanted to make sure she could vote again. She needed to register, and she needed a valid photo ID, because beginning this year, North Carolina is requiring one to vote.

Last week, Ed helped her gather the papers the state said she needed for that ID. They decided to make an event of the process – a celebration of democracy. They went out to lunch. They filled out her voter registration form. They took a happy photo.

On Monday, they went to the Department of Motor Vehicles in west Asheville. There, they laid out all of Reba’s paperwork for a DMV official – her birth records from Pennsylvania, her Social Security card, the N.H. driver’s license she let expire because she no longer wanted to drive.

But there was a problem. When Reba got married in 1950, she had her name legally changed. Like millions upon millions of women, she swapped out her middle name for her maiden name.

That name – Reba Miller Bowser – didn’t match the name on her birth record. A DMV computer flagged the discrepancy, Ed says. The photo ID application was rejected.

Ed was surprised. And Reba? “It wasn’t obvious to my mom what was happening,” he says.

There’s good reason for Reba’s confusion. Her name had never been an issue before this week. Not when she applied for driver’s licenses in Pennsylvania and New Hampshire. Not when she’s flown on airplanes and traveled to other countries.

State DMV commissioner Kelly Thomas tells me that Asheville’s DMV office messed up, and that Reba should have been given a chance to sign a name-change affidavit. That’s a little-known option to the public, and apparently to at least one DMV worker.

But Reba is far from the only person who’s had difficulty with documents or the fog of bureaucracy. Others have difficulty even getting to a DMV office because of transportation or issues getting time off from work. It’s exactly the kind of trouble voter ID opponents and research predicted when the law was passed in 2013.

Republicans did water down the law last year in the face of criticism and a court challenge (a federal judge is expected to issue a ruling soon.) The revision allowed voters like Reba to declare an “impediment” and cast a provisional ballot without a photo. But those declarations would still have to be checked out, and the same middle name issue that snagged Reba might cause provisional votes not to be counted.

All of which might cause some voters to not bother. That’s kind of the point. Republicans passed voter ID to make voting harder, not easier, and they peddled the fiction that the hassle was worth it to stop voter fraud. Except the kind of fraud that voter ID would stop is practically non-existent.

It’s an issue that the Bowsers haven’t followed much, at least until it snagged Reba. But now, Ed says: “I’m thinking how this affected an 86-year-old woman with limited transportation and resources. You think about extending that to poor communities and minority communities.”

That’s what Republicans were thinking, too, when they crafted the voter ID law. They knew the hassle they created would mostly affect the people who vote for their opponents.

But it’s also working on Reba Bowser, who told Ed’s wife, Amy, this week that they seem to treat old people differently here in North Carolina.

“Maybe,” Reba said, “I’m just not going to vote.”

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/opinion/article59695406.html#storylink=cpy

Making up laws to address a non threat and resulting in laws that disenfranchise voters. Yup...pretty typical of the republican party.

In Minnesota, a couple of times I have reached for my driver's licence, but always waived away. No need. Just look up your name sign next to it and get a voting slip.

It really is almost impossible to have voter fraud. The Republicans simply make shit up.

Last edited:
In Minnesota, a couple of times I have reached for my driver's licence, but always waived away. No need. Just look up your sign next to it and get a voting slip.

It really is almost impossible to have voter fraud. The Republicans simply make shit up.
In Florida they found 2600 registered voters living illegally in this country, that's a fraud.

Need ids to vote here. Don't see anything wrong with it... I really don't think its asking for too much...
Unless they need a specific id just for voting and getting that isnt easy/quick.

Need ids to vote here. Don't see anything wrong with it... I really don't think its asking for too much...
Unless they need a specific id just for voting and getting that isnt easy/quick.
I cant understand why somebody has not come up with a secure electronic voting method yet - you would have thought it could be done fairly easily in this day and age.

These people are seriously mentally ill. That's not a joke, they really are sick, and on top of being sick they are extremely uneducated. Jesus did not like the minimum wage and is against the capital gains tax? And they want Christian control of the Government? If you didn't laugh at it you would just cry.

Do you need a form of ID to vote in Australia?

You are required by law to vote here. You register with the AEC (Australian Electoral Commission) using any kind of government-issued ID to identify yourself. After that there's no specific voter ID requirement in polling places.

The issue seems to be how really, really difficult it is to get the adequate ID in certain states. Hell, here you can use your marriage cert if you want, not even photo ID! The lengths people are having to go to get certified in some states are expensive and hard work.

Serious question - is there a single reason as to why Rubio is still in the race? Is there a strategy at play, or is he just trying to save face?

Serious question - is there a single reason as to why Rubio is still in the race? Is there a strategy at play, or is he just trying to save face?

His home state of Florida doesn't vote until today, so he's been incentivized to stay in and see if he gets all 99 delegates. Since he probably won't, there's a good chance he will suspend his campaign in the next 24 hours.

His home state of Florida doesn't vote until today, so he's been incentivized to stay in and see if he gets all 99 delegates. Since he probably won't, there's a good chance he will suspend his campaign in the next 24 hours.

He's clearly said he won't though. Was just on CNN again reiterating he will "stay the course" and that the "polls are clearly wrong" Deluded feckwit. Kasich though, has said he will drop out if he loses his home state.

He's clearly said he won't though. Was just on CNN again reiterating he will "stay the course" and that the "polls are clearly wrong" Deluded feckwit. Kasich though, has said he will drop out if he loses his home state.

He has to say it otherwise some people may not vote for him today. I'm sure he will be under tremendous pressure to bow out if Trump schlongs him in his home state today.

Interestingly, FiveThirtyEight have calculated Trump needs 250 delegates out of today's 5 states to stay on course for 1,237.

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/delegate-targets/republicans/

If he wins Florida as expected and gets 120 proportional delegates by winning NC, IL, and MO but losing Ohio, then he will not make the necessary 250 to stay on course. If on top of that, Cruz manages to steal MO, it will set him back even further.

Status
Not open for further replies.