2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rubio still looking good for the nomination if as expect Bush drops out after tonight.

That's an interesting point. I can see Bush/Kasich's voters going to Rubio and Carson's to Trump. The nomination could be decided on when Cruz will fade off and drop out, assuming that his voters will generally go to Trump.

I look forward to Trump turning his full attention to Rubio. It's going to get vicious.

Disappointing that Sanders is losing NV. Really thought he had the Latino vote and would win.

What do people see in Hillary? How people can actually support her is beyond me.

Sanders is unknown politically. But his message resonates. It will not go away. Others will carry it. And if Hillary is serious about winning the general, she better pick up that banner.

Democrats have superdelegates - (primarily) elected party officials that get votes at the convention.

Still, even if you exclude those, their delegate count is still at a 3:2 ratio to the Repubs, actually more like 3.5:2. I think it's just different administrative organisation.

Is it 10% Trump needs to win by to get all 50 delegates?

EDIT - Never mind, it's done by congressional districts. Currently possible that he does win all 50 though, according to 538.

Status
Not open for further replies.