2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realised something alarming:
RBG is 82, Breyer is 79. They are the most liberal (for example, the only 2 out of 9 who would consider voting the death penalty unconstitutional. )
Kagan and Sotomayor (on the basis of their opinions) seem to believe that death itself is ok, but certain methods are wrong. They are more centrist from what I've read.

Kennedy is the only old one from the right, and he's the most centrist of that lot.
Roberts, Alito, Thomas aren't even in their 1970s.

Essentially it means the seats potentially up for grabs are the 2 most liberal and the centre-right. 2 centre-left, 2 hard-right and 1 right wing judge will probably remain.
The stakes are crazy.

Just realised something alarming:
RBG is 82, Breyer is 79. They are the most liberal (for example, the only 2 out of 9 who would consider voting the death penalty unconstitutional. )
Kagan and Sotomayor (on the basis of their opinions) seem to believe that death itself is ok, but certain methods are wrong. They are more centrist from what I've read.

Kennedy is the only old one from the right, and he's the most centrist of that lot.
Roberts, Alito, Thomas aren't even in their 1970s.

Essentially it means the seats potentially up for grabs are the 2 most liberal and the centre-right. 2 centre-left, 2 hard-right and 1 right wing judge will probably remain.
The stakes are crazy.

Obama is not all that left wing. Thus my question about Sri Srinivasan from DC Circuit Court.

If it's GOP, abortion may come under scrutiny again.

I think you can pretty much guarantee that it will. Also gay marriage? How exactly does it work? Do they have the power to make it illegal? I thought that it was down to the individual states? This is where it all gets a little confusing for me.

no worries. Simply Christ said much about how the poor should be treated.

A society is defined by how it treats its weakest members. I agree 100%

Yea, house is nuts and probably long gone but having the senate would be really nice.

The down ticket vote depends a lot on enthusiasm. This is why The message needs to resonate. It is much more important that the message resonates, than a wider loop is cast which can water down the message.

That is why a Sanders/Warren ticket can win...bringing in more voters than say a Hillary Warren ticket which waters down the message/authenticity.

I think you can pretty much guarantee that it will. Also gay marriage? How exactly does it work? Do they have the power to make it illegal? I thought that it was down to the individual states? This is where it all gets a little confusing for me.

A society is defined by how it treats its weakest members. I agree 100%
From what I remember of that decision, they have the power to allow the states to make it illegal. Whereas the recent decision said that banning it was against the constitution and that states couldn't overturn that themselves.

But yeah, a lot of stuff. There are massive consequences here.

The lack of polling data from Nevada and SC on both sides is a bit bemusing. It's only a week to go.

omg, I just looked up the clip of Jeb! getting kicked off stage at that luncheon, never seen it before.

What. The. Actual. feck... Talk about not looking presidential :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.