2016 US Presidential Elections | Trump Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
@langster

Just came back home and heard the news...:)

Your post deserves a reply. As I said I would vote for Trump over Hillary after hearing what both have said so far on policies. I may change my mind later based on any additional information.
Trump is not an ideologue like the other Republicans. All your posts about him being a douche...I'm not arsed about. I never said I liked the guy. I just said I do not believe he is a racist. I stand by that. As for Hillary firing her staff. Yeah. Christie fired his staff too. so? Staff do what they are directed to do. She played to the doubts that he may be Muslim all she could. Just like the whole GOP last two elections. That is the point. Its politics. I vote based on who I believe would bring the country closer to the policies I want. atm it is Sanders. If he does not get the nomination, I will have to listen and see who gets closer to my views.

@langster

Your post deserves a reply. As I said I would vote for Trump over Hillary after hearing what both have said so far on policies. I may change my mind later based on any additional information.
Trump is not an ideologue like the other Republicans. All your posts about him being a douche...I'm not arsed about. I never said I liked the guy. I just said I do not believe he is a racist. I stand by that. As for Hillary firing her staff. Yeah. Christie fired his staff too. so? Staff do what they are directed to do. She played to the doubts that he may be Muslim all she could. Just like the whole GOP last two elections. That is the point. Its politics. I vote based on who I believe would bring the country closer to the policies I want. atm it is Sanders. If he does not get the nomination, I will have to listen and see who gets closer to my views.
I'm guessing you don't think that Sanders directed his staff to steal Clinton's voter info last year, though?

If he had, the mistake was getting caught. Are you seriously thinking we are voting for boy scouts/girls??
I thought you liked him because he was authentic and honest?

He only steals from a rival's campaign. Not like anything bad ever came of that...
I have no idea.

I find it unlikely you are really going to argue that between he and Clinton, the latter is the more honest campaigner, though.

you are so in love with 'honest' Hillary :)
In love with the idea of her annihilating Trump and appointing 2 or 3 liberals to SCOTUS :drool:
I have no idea.

I find it unlikely you are really going to argue that between he and Clinton, the latter is the more honest campaigner, though.
Watergate. But I'm not really being serious, just indulging in some teasing.

In love with the idea of her annihilating Trump and appointing 2 or 3 liberals to SCOTUS :drool:

Watergate. But I'm not really being serious, just indulging in some teasing.

Ubik. We cannot look into the future. We all have our opinions. I think the message needs to be accepted by voters. Bernie's message is being accepted. Hillary has no message.

@langster

That's fair enough, I wasn't trying to sway your vote, and I wouldn't even if I could. I have no say in the election either as I am not American. I was just pointing out many of Trump's flaws, obviously they are well known and documented, and I just went off on one for a minute. I understand it's politics and the vast majority are as bad as each other, and normally you are voting for a lesser evil, but if I was American it would be a no brainer. I simply could never bring myself to vote Republican. I just disagree with them fundamentally on so many issues.

interesting. Not a solid leftie then.

He was unanimously sworn in for his current job, which would give Obama leverage when nominating him - as in "why would the GOP have any issues with someone who has already been sworn in without reservation" ?

That's fair enough, I wasn't trying to sway your vote, and I wouldn't even if I could. I have no say in the election either as I am not American. I was just pointing out many of Trump's flaws, obviously they are well known and documented, and I just went off on one for a minute. I understand it's politics and the vast majority are as bad as each other, and normally you are voting for a lesser evil, but if I was American it would be a no brainer. I simply could never bring myself to vote Republican. I just disagree with them fundamentally on so many issues.

fair enough mate. Personally, I am pretty conservative. But I believe I should not impose my views on others. That is what true freedom is all about. So long as the rights of others are protected while ensuring the will of the majority are carried out, I'm fine. As I said Trump is not a true Republican in my view. The GOP hate him. He is not an ideologue like Cruz..who also happens to be nefarious. Both parties are unified in hating him. :)

Now we just need another right winger to carck it next year and Bernie or Hillary can nominate Obama :)

I'm actually more concerned that Ginsburg could bite the dust. Basically, the next President could shape the court for the next 25 years.

fair enough mate. Personally, I am pretty conservative. But I believe I should not impose my views on others.

Agreed. :)

Now we just need another right winger to carck it next year and Bernie or Hillary can nominate Obama :)

Didn't you just say you are pretty conservative? :lol: :wenger:

Is it a job you only get if they're reasonably confident you'll die quite soon?
:lol: He's 79 now, he was appointed in '88. Ruth Bader Ginsburg, a liberal member that was a Clinton appointee, is now 82! She'll likely stand down if the next President is a Democrat to allow them a younger replacement, but if it's a Repub it's unlikely she'll be able to keep going until she's 90... All in all, the next President is a big deal not so much for what they'll do policy wise, but because they'll pretty much decide the makeup of the Court for the next generation. If it's GOP, abortion may come under scrutiny again.

Status
Not open for further replies.