Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah PSG couldn't purchase him last year for FFP, but how would he have ever benefited here knowing he this wasn't even his 2nd choice club (the guy probably would have stayed at Madrid to start with, if they wanted him). Basically he came here for no reason

I defended him throughout tge season but no more. He should just feck off

So either we get the exact amount we bought him for or we look like mugs?

At this early stage of his contract Utd would definitely lose money here. You paid him a year of wages already plus whatever fees for agents and addons. Sometimes it's easier to just cut your losses with a thing you don't want.

Yeah PSG couldn't purchase him last year for FFP, but how would he have ever benefited here knowing he this wasn't even his 2nd choice club (the guy probably would have stayed at Madrid to start with, if they wanted him). Basically he came here for no reason
Mendes told him, look United wants you, its good money, do it.

At this early stage of his contract Utd would definitely lose money here. You paid him a year of wages already plus whatever fees for agents and addons. Sometimes it's easier to just cut your losses with a thing you don't want.
I agree with that, to expect the same amount for which we bought him is.. Silly..

Mendes told him, look United wants you, its good money, do it.

Jesus, the whole situation was so bad that it isn't even worth thinking about. It is so gutting especially when you consider the excitement we all had when we first signed him and he got the no.7 shirt. Hope we never get mercenaries like these again.

Jesus, the whole situation was so bad that it isn't even worth thinking about. It is so gutting especially when you consider the excitement we all had when we first signed him and he got the no.7 shirt. Hope we never get mercenaries like these again.
Yup. It all went so wrong.

missing-594893.jpg

Yes and it has to be to the penny. Any less is bad enough but any more and it will be even worse.
Not possible, the euro has went to shit

If prices quoted we've prob done alright consider to be fair

I'm over the moon he has gone. What a waste of money last season (I care little for his stats now, he didn't look bothered). He was never interested in playing for United after the break in on his home, and who can blame him? As a family man, I don't.
However, this whole AWOL affair leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and he will be despised by United fans now. He could have, and should have, handled this a lot better.
A good fee and a big wage off the books. Manchester United is in a better place today now he has gone.

An ignominious end for our all-time record signing and the most talented player in the squad. What a disappointment he's turned out to be. No doubt this thread will now be inundated with "wage thieving cnut" and similar disparagements... hard to disagree too much really.

I dont think anyone should be sticking up for him personally.

Im not one to slag current players or leaving players off (mostly) but hes never really given any indication he wanted to be here or that he liked the fans, etc

He signed and there were quotes he made about bring forced out etc

He doesn't deserve any sympath or wishing luck, and i dont think anyone can be called out for calling him all the names under the sun

Edit btw im not saying you are sticking up for him etc, more reinforcing some of your post

Yep, considering how things have gone with Di Maria since last December, I am very happy with that price.

I wouldn't be. His contract still runs long enough for him to not be able to sit it out. I doubt he wants to spend two years in Manchester sitting on his ass. Granted, we would be forced to pay him his salary, which could ultimately make up the difference in the transfer fee we're being offered and the fee we paid for him. Nonetheless, I wouldn't give in so quickly. Surely, PSG is desperate enough to bring him in, so the more the deadline of the transfer market nears, the more are they going to be willing to offer.

I'm over the moon he has gone. What a waste of money last season (I care little for his stats now, he didn't look bothered). He was never interested in playing for United after the break in on his home, and who can blame him? As a family man, I don't.
However, this whole AWOL affair leaves a bitter taste in the mouth and he will be despised by United fans now. He could have, and should have, handled this a lot better.
A good fee and a big wage off the books. Manchester United is in a better place today now he has gone.

Being a family man myself, this is probably one of the worst things that can happen. However this is the real world, it happens, most of us wouldn't have the resources to move home / city, let along being able to hire body guards & round the clock security.

I personally thinks that's an excuse, I think after that experience you would feel unnerved where ever you lived - just hire a fecking body guard.

The truth is, he never wanted to be here (and it showed), we were probably his 3rd choice and it's just another example of how we tried to become Mendes FC - which has back fired... Horrendously.

Now for a replacement.

Had a few tags from what was a very simple, straight forward post. Here's the follow up because I'm not typing to each reply:

I'm not exonerating Di Maria in any way but the idea that the manager (a proper manager, not head coach) knows nothing of his whereabouts when it's quite clear that we're negotiating his sale is bizarre. Either an exec at the club completing the negotiations is underwriting the manager completely (very hard to believe) or there is an unnecessary misdirection played.

End result: That suggests a smear campaign against the player and is an ugly tactic that I would rather the club not take. We've no need to use such negative tactics. If Louis wants him sold, that's done. No reason to create negative PR. Just a simple injury cover up story if one is needed and that's that, keep the transfer in private and deal with things with some class, whether or not you believe the player has acted accordingly or not.

Fwiw, I fully expect that behind the scenes ADM has had a hissy fit at the burglary, the positions he was played in and the lack of starts. He's clearly receptive to a move away and has been for months. Just wish we'd dealt with it all better, far better.

Being a family man myself, this is probably one of the worst things that can happen. However this is the real world, it happens, most of us wouldn't have the resources to move home / city, let along being able to hire body guards & round the clock security.

I personally thinks that's an excuse, I think after that experience you would feel unnerved where ever you lived - just hire a fecking body guard.

The truth is, he never wanted to be here (and it showed), we were probably his 3rd choice and it's just another example of how we tried to become Mendes FC - which has back fired... Horrendously.

Now for a replacement.

I agree.

The guy is from here, ffs: https://news.vice.com/article/los-monos-the-drug-gang-of-rosario-argentinas-most-violent-city

Had a few tags from what was a very simple, straight forward post. Here's the follow up because I'm not typing to each reply:

I'm not exonerating Di Maria in any way but the idea that the manager (a proper manager, not head coach) knows nothing of his whereabouts when it's quite clear that we're negotiating his sale is bizarre. Either an exec at the club completing the negotiations is underwriting the manager completely (very hard to believe) or there is an unnecessary misdirection played.

End result: That suggests a smear campaign against the player and is an ugly tactic that I would rather the club not take. We've no need to use such negative tactics. If Louis wants him sold, that's done. No reason to create negative PR. Just a simple injury cover up story if one is needed and that's that, keep the transfer in private and deal with things with some class, whether or not you believe the player has acted accordingly or not.

But he doesn't. LvG said he wanted to keep him and expected to see him in America, if anything the little prick has got off lightly. He is no better than Sterling, and I would love to sling him in the reserves for a year, watch him get kicked around and then sell him for £15mil next season. I would actually pay for MUTV to seem him sniveling in those games.

He only signed last year, no heart, no commitment, utter, utter mercenary.

Not the manager but administrative staff at the club. Or do you think it's LvG booking flights and accommodation.
I never said anything about LVG booking flights. The poster had already clarified that it was a typo.

He only signed last year, no heart, no commitment, utter, utter mercenary.

Nail on the head.

I'm so disappointed in ADM. I defended him throughout the season, but for the reasons you've stated above it really becomes hard to defend him. You can see why he doesn't fit into LVG's plans, he'll suit PSG perfectly and no doubt will start putting in world class performances again, the lily-livered shitehawk.

I blame the club for signing him in the first place. Its been rumoured since day 1 we were never his ideal destination but the club wanted a big name at at any cost
Yep. I remember being called out by somebody for suggesting this around Christmas time. It was obvious as early as then.

I wouldn't be. His contract still runs long enough for him to not be able to sit it out. I doubt he wants to spend two years in Manchester sitting on his ass. Granted, we would be forced to pay him his salary, which could ultimately make up the difference in the transfer fee we're being offered and the fee we paid for him. Nonetheless, I wouldn't give in so quickly. Surely, PSG is desperate enough to bring him in, so the more the deadline of the transfer market nears, the more are they going to be willing to offer.
If anything I don't think they are very desperate to bring him in, and there's virtually no competition to sign him. Very hard to raise the price when it's like that, especially after a season like last year for him.

Yep. I remember being called out by somebody for suggesting this around Christmas time. It was obvious as early as then.
I blame him, if you dont want to be somewhere dont sign, coulda just done that at real, fought for his place

Hope your not suggesting the guy that 'accepted' the offer has no blame

He coulda just stayed at RM and fought for his place there, but no he thought he'd be gaurenteed games and a big pay packet

Not the case so he just goes all hurt child and huffs in the corner feck him, im sure him and his agent gave a good talk about him wanting to join or we wouldnt have signed hom obviously....

So, Falcao scores 4 goals for us and takes big wages. A mercenary if I ever saw one. And a useless one, at that. This guy got a standing ovation.
Di Maria, who provided much entertainment in his first few games for us and scored many goals and made many assists - is being given such harsh treatment on this forum?

This makes no sense to me.

Guys, Di Maria is human. He tried to play for us, but like Falcao, the English game/weather just doesnt suit him. Falcao managed to get a deal done with Chelsea and Di Maria is getting a deal in Paris.
Let the guy go and focus your attention on the players who will be playing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.