Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offer £50m for Kane see how quickly he becomes available. It would be overpaying, but he can be bought.
Even if that were true, it doesn't mean you can get whoever you want just by ponying up a wedge of cash.

See Muller, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi etc etc etc

What players and what money? You offer Bayern €100m for Muller and they'll shoot it down. It's a no brainer. Offer €150m and it's the same. What good is the money to them when players of his quality aren't out there to replace him with? No point us having him and them having a bigger bank account; I can't say I ever remember Bayern working that way.

Who else? Bale? Are we going to throw €200m to get him? That's not the right money, that's just insanity.

Aside from Reus, I don't know who is actually available where we 1) wouldn't be a financial laughing stock to get him; 2)could get the owners to agree to such ludicrous fees; 3)is of the calibre to make a real different to the team.

If you pay more than a player is worth, there's a good chance you'll end up with that player. Yeah, you'd have to overpay, but you can get players.

Even if that were true, it doesn't mean you can get whoever you want just by ponying up a wedge of cash.

See Muller, Bale, Ronaldo, Messi etc etc etc

Some players, maybe not. Although, if we offered £100m+ for Bale or Ronaldo I think there's a good chance we'd get them. Madrid would at least have to seriously consider it.

An ignominious end for our all-time record signing and the most talented player in the squad. What a disappointment he's turned out to be. No doubt this thread will now be inundated with "wage thieving cnut" and similar disparagements... hard to disagree too much really.

what other non PL club would pay 45m for him? Real won't take him back, Barca don't need him. Bayern Maybe? Even then that'd be a club record fee for them. Our options are very limited.

taking a 20 million hit after a year is ridiculous though - an opening bid of 28 million suggests they might go to 35 maybe

with him going awol it does put us under a little pressure.... I'd be tempted to hang onto him unless we can recoup 40+

the other more unrealistic option is swap deals and they very rarely happen... a striker and a CB required and Pedro coming in

Di Maria and a few quid even for Pedro and one of their young prospects at Barca? again its football manager thinking in a real world

Ozil was £42m, which is the sort of amount being talked about for ADM. ADM himself was more... because he was being bought by a big club!

Fair point. £60m was far too much for Di Maria and will be hard to recoup but United don't need to sell. Once PSG got their FFP concessions this one was a goer. If they want him, they can pay what United paid. They can afford it.

No matter which way you look at it: Bought for £60m, sold one year later for considerably less = Woodward is a cretin. Two summers ago Everton were laughing at United. He cannot afford another bad window but this and De Gea/Ramos could be pretty bad.

we'd be fools not to court a bit more interest in him either....

there's no way PSG are the only side interested surely at 45 million

if we are selling lets get an auction going

Well I don't think any other rich PL club would be in for him, simply because I reckon he wants out of England. That kind of leaves three rich main clubs if he wants to at least stay in Europe. PSG - who's bidding, Real, got rid of him, Barca don't need him.

What a cock. Must be from the same village as Tevez. DDG wants to go Madrid but look how professionally he is conducting himself.

I've not been up to date with this thread so can someone help me out.

Is this AWOL thing a reference to him not turning up on tour, or has it just been there to reflect his performances since December and I haven't noticed it till now?

Are people seriously blaming the club and LVG for this? Wow...

It's the 'in thing' at the moment apparently. A player has gone AWOL through being a spoilt little turd with no backbone and self-pride - it's LvGs fault. PSG are offering £28m - it's Woodward's fault, he can't do his job properly.

It's much the same when you see the reaction to the defeat this morning in a FRIENDLY. This place sometimes :houillier:

we'd be fools not to court a bit more interest in him either....

there's no way PSG are the only side interested surely at 45 million

if we are selling lets get an auction going
Who is going to pay more then?

Gutted, but at the same time i expected him to leave, even at the end of last season. I know the body language posters arent popular on here, but it was clear that Di Maria wanted out as soon as possible. His comments after the season were obviously just talking shite and pleasing fans. He knew exactly that he wouldnt be here for the new season.

People are seriously deluding themselves.

45m for a guy who was shit, out of favour and hasn't bothered to turn up for training is an excellent price.

Yep, considering how things have gone with Di Maria since last December, I am very happy with that price.

He's as good as gone and I'm not bothered about it but he's seriously just tarnished his name, he is the complete definition of a pussy.

We should simply refuse to do business with Mendes for a while after De Gea and Di Maria.

After what we did for him with Bebe, the fecker can't even gets us Ramos while trying to get us to sell DDG.

Yeah feck him, any player with him as their agent should be a red flag in any future dealings.

Good riddance. Aside from his relatively good start, he never had the heart to fight and play for our shirt.

Well when you completely overpay for a player that flops, it's rather inevitable that you will suffer a loss when he is sold. Simple really.

Absolutely not but the signs earlier in the window were: Real come in with a derogatory bid for our player - we go after their captain. United at last seemed a player who could compete with a club of Real Madrid's stature. That looks like it will end badly with United's "you won't get De Gea unless we get Ramos" stance being all hot air.

Now, a player decides he wants to move to PSG who make a disgracefully low bid. United have huge financial resources. They need to use them to show any player who does this will not get what he wants. If that bid is true, I would happily sell him elsewhere for a loss but refuse to sell to PSG. United are a laughing stock in the transfer market paying a premium on every player and selling every player (old or young, long or short contracts) for absolute peanuts. That needs to change and Woodward needs to make a statement.

He cost us 75m Eur and we appear to be getting around 63m for him. Considering how average he was and how injured he was and how much he doesn't want to stay in Manchester, I feel like we are doing ok here.

People are seriously deluding themselves.

45m for a guy who was shit, out of favour and hasn't bothered to turn up for training is an excellent price.

£45m is actually a really good price for United, 15m for 13 assists and 4 goals ? steal.

He cost us 75m Eur and we appear to be getting around 63m for him. Considering how average he was and how injured he was and how much he doesn't want to stay in Manchester, I feel like we are doing ok here.

My comment was based on the initially reported £28.5m bid. It may not even be true as it's all speculation but unless United get their money back (in GBP not EUR) then by the way this one has been reported they look like mugs - again.

My comment was based on the initially reported £28.5m bid. It may not even be true as it's all speculation but unless United get their money back (in GBP not EUR) then by the way this one has been reported they look like mugs - again.
So either we get the exact amount we bought him for or we look like mugs?

The whole situation is an absolute shambles, buying him in the first place was a feck up with our management. Equally a feck up, why the feck did he come here if he only wanted PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.