Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've accepted he's leaving, really hope we get a good fee... I mean this is a club that spent £50 million on David Luiz! Replace him with Pedro and sign Ramos with the leftover cash and I'd be delighted.

I've accepted he's leaving, really hope we get a good fee... I mean this is a club that spent £50 million on David Luiz! Replace him with Pedro and sign Ramos with the leftover cash and I'd be delighted.
Don't you think it would leave us a bit low on the creative side? Not one genuinely top class creative attacker.

Surprised we are letting him go. Class player. Suppose if we get back our money back and get a new CB sorted we are still in a good position. PSG become significantly stronger.

Don't you think it would leave us a bit low on the creative side? Not one genuinely top class creative attacker.
I wouldn't be worried. Herrera, Mata, Rooney, Pedro, Memphis, Januzaj and Pereira would create and score plenty of goals.

EDIT: Not to mention the tried and tested combination of Young and Fellaini.

Schweinsteiger
Mata
Pedro

Di Maria was hardley carving people open.. We scored a shit load of nothing last year.

With Mata looking extremely sharp so early on this pre-season, I wouldn't be overly worried about Di Maria leaving given how ineffective he came. However, the regrettable situation as to how he never replicated what he did for Madrid leaves a sour taste.

Marquee Ed got sucked into a name for business reasons and ultimately it's failed, same with Falcao really. Not to mention a certain Mr Mendes who routinely screws United over. Hopefully the majority of this summers business has been down to van Gaal...that way fingers can be pointed to the correct people if we have another bog standard/below par season.

Resigned to losing him, the noises are just too loud.

Wouldn't have been this disappointed to lose a player since Ronaldo left.

People saying he can't play in this and that style are being ridiculous. He was madrids best player vs Atl madrid in the CL final when they basically played possession football, also was the best player vs barca where they played on the counter. He's just shown that he's not a natural attacker and has managed to serve up some rather dire performances there when asked to play there. He was clearly at his best when he was asked to play as a LCM/our most offensive midfielder in a 3 but when moved to the win and all that he's gone back to being the DiMaria before the season that had many claiming him tyo be a top 10 player in the world.

He finds it so easy to breach the midfield line that he becomes a monster in there. Plus, he at times has shown incredible effort on the pitch.

On your ashley young point. He has had 3 years here to build that resistance and work harder. Di Maria has been here 1 season.

Nah I ain't having that. You don't need several seasons to show basic tracking back and display hunger and effort.

I just don't understand Di Maria's mindset. Why is he so desperate to go play in a smaller league at a time where United might just have a good chance at winning the PL next season. We could have Rojo, Otamendi and Romero here next season plus all the other Spanish speakers to help him adjust to England.

He really is mentally fragile and it's disappointing that he's prepared to leave as a failure if the stories are true

A nice city to live in and a probably more money ? Whatever the reasons, it makes little sense from a footballing POV to leave now so probably other parameters are taken into account.

He had very little impact last season so I'm not too fussed. Obviously a world class player if on form, but he won't be on form if he doesn't want to be at united so all the best to him. I'd rather bring in Pedro, someone who won't complain and will give their all, and actually wants to be here, over a Di maria who is half arsed. Having ADM makes us potentially stronger because of what he could bring, but losing him doesn't make us weaker as we basically didn't even have him for the past 8-9 months.

I've changed my mind on Di Maria.

He's not got the bollocks to be the main man at a club like United and he's not played well enough to justify keeping him when he doesn't want to be here. Get rid.

Surprised we are letting him go. Class player. Suppose if we get back our money back and get a new CB sorted we are still in a good position. PSG become significantly stronger.
Although I don't consider myself a big fan of ADM, to be selling him on after one season is quite bad. Even we are not losing £££s in the process, I don't know why we should let him go. Apparently there is no chemistry between the player and the manager, which is kind of sad.

He had very little impact last season so I'm not too fussed. Obviously a world class player if on form, but he won't be on form if he doesn't want to be at united so all the best to him. I'd rather bring in Pedro, someone who won't complain and will give their all, and actually wants to be here, over a Di maria who is half arsed. Having ADM makes us potentially stronger because of what he could bring, but losing him doesn't make us weaker as we basically didn't even have him for the past 8-9 months.

Spot on, we won't benefit from keeping him if he doesn't want to be here. Time to cut our losses and move on.

Would have been nice to see him stay and improve.

On the other hand, ADM out and Pedro + quite a lot of money in seems like a good bit of business if he does want to go.

In hindsight the Di Maria deal was a botch from the get go. We overpaid for a player who (the general consensus said) was at his best in midfield but who was also totally unsuited to playing in midfield in our manager's system. Van Gaal wanted him, yet didn't seem to know how to get the best out of him. LVG seems to like players who play using their heads, yet Di Maria seems to be a player who plays on instinct.

Add in difficulties settling, his house getting robbed and the apparently persistent mutual interest between Di Maria and PSG and you get a mega-flop signing. At least it looks like it will end up costing us very little.

Resigned to losing him, the noises are just too loud.

Wouldn't have been this disappointed to lose a player since Ronaldo left.

DDG is the real loss this season.
Di Maria looks like he couldn't care less about playing at OT so good riddance.

Excellent post. Di Maria appears to not want to be here so sell him and let's get someone that actually wants to play for MUFC.

DDG is the real loss this season.
Di Maria looks like he couldn't care less about playing at OT so good riddance.

With DDG leaving, it seems like we'll get Navas/Ramos in exchange or he'll be here for another season. So it sorts of cushions the blow.

ADM on the other hand, we never got the best out of him, which is really sad.

Tbh we don't know if Pedro won't pull a Di Maria and say United wasn't his n°1 destination. If we bring a player, let's just make sure we're his first choice.

People saying he can't play in this and that style are being ridiculous. He was madrids best player vs Atl madrid in the CL final when they basically played possession football, also was the best player vs barca where they played on the counter. He's just shown that he's not a natural attacker and has managed to serve up some rather dire performances there when asked to play there. He was clearly at his best when he was asked to play as a LCM/our most offensive midfielder in a 3 but when moved to the win and all that he's gone back to being the DiMaria before the season that had many claiming him tyo be a top 10 player in the world.

He finds it so easy to breach the midfield line that he becomes a monster in there. Plus, he at times has shown incredible effort on the pitch.

I kind of think that one season was an anomaly and did well to inflate his price but he's generally been what he is, a highly energetic and talented player who's also frustratingly inconsistent at times. He'll thrive as on a team like Madrid with Ronaldo and Bale but not the kind of guy you could give that #7 jersey to and expect to produce every week.

With DDG leaving, it seems like we'll get Navas/Ramos in exchange or he'll be here for another season. So it sorts of cushions the blow.

ADM on the other hand, we never got the best out of him, which is really sad.

If we get Ramos/otamendi and with Schneiderlin shielding the back four, our defence should be just fine. The new keeper wouldn't have to work as hard.

We had Di Maria for a month or two last year then he appeared disillusioned and unmotivated and it never came back. I was ecstatic to see him here but any player who doesn't want to play for the club can leave as far as I am concerned. Pedro would do more for us than he would IMO.

I kind of think that one season was an anomaly and did well to inflate his price but he's generally been what he is, a highly energetic and talented player who's also frustratingly inconsistent at times. He'll thrive as on a team like Madrid with Ronaldo and Bale but not the kind of guy you could give that #7 jersey to and expect to produce every week.

think that's spot on.

quickly dawned on us that he's not going to be the main man, and that's kind of ridiculous for that fee.
the first month was almost like shock value, his quality came through, albeit it against poorer teams like Leicester and QPR. but then you'd be amazed how often he'd give the ball away, and that last couple of months he wasn't even playing anyway.

For me, that performance against Liverpool when he came on as sub was the worst. One good pass, the assist, but the rest of it, was so sh!t, he could barely have tried to be worse.

Catching the ball on the pitch was the highlight!

fecks sake I'm starting to have to come to terms with there being something in this :(

The Arabic Bein Sports, which is owned by the same people who own PSG, just tweeted about negotiations ongoing between the two clubs.

As long as we get most of the money back I couldn't care less.

Why are people acting surprised that Di Maria and De Gea could/will be leaving? Its seems to be the most bit of obvious business the summer. Both dont want to be here and are actively seeking a move away. Its not like Van Gaal and Woodward woke up one morning and said "you know what will be a good idea this summer?" If we can get the best deals for them both, then its for the best for this club going forward. Personally, I'd love to see both of them stay, but they'd much rather be somewhere else, and Di Maria especially doesnt seem to fit the clubs ... ugh ... philosophy.

Why are people acting surprised that Di Maria and De Gea could/will be leaving? Its seems to be the most bit of obvious business the summer. Both dont want to be here and are actively seeking a move away. Its not like Van Gaal and Woodward woke up one morning and said "you know what will be a good idea this summer?" If we can get the best deals for them both, then its for the best for this club going forward. Personally, I'd love to see both of them stay, but they'd much rather be somewhere else, and Di Maria especially doesnt seem to fit the clubs ... ugh ... philosophy.
Yeah I agree with that. All thing considered, if we ended up with Ramos and Pedro it would be brilliant summer.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this cnut anymore... Let him leave, he's the absolute worst at cheating, he doesn't fit our style of play and more importantly he doesn't want to play for Manchester United.

Let him go. As we proved last season, we don't need him.

We need someone else coming in that is better than Pedro. Our attack is lacking a spark. Memphis could provide it but we shouldn't put all our faith in a young player moving to a tougher league. We need a genuine flair attacker like Hazard, Aguero and Sanchez but I can't see it happening.

I'm 50:50 really. I don't think LVG rates him and to be honest Di Maria didn't help his cause by playing like Bebe. I think if we get Pedro, he would be a good replacement. We could even do other business but just not sure of his mentality. Having said that, it could all be bullshit. We'll just have to see if he joins up with us on the 25th. We've 'lost' better players. I still think we should ask for an unreasonable amount of money or nab one of their prospects in the negotiations.

We're not going to miss him. He looked as though he didn't want to be here for the most of last season so lets replace him with someone who does want to be here and won't be a passenger for 6 months. As much as I agree that he's world class on his day, he didn't have one of those 'days' last season so lets just get rid and throw some cash at Pedro and Rues.

If we get Ramos/otamendi and with Schneiderlin shielding the back four, our defence should be just fine. The new keeper wouldn't have to work as hard.

We had Di Maria for a month or two last year then he appeared disillusioned and unmotivated and it never came back. I was ecstatic to see him here but any player who doesn't want to play for the club can leave as far as I am concerned. Pedro would do more for us than he would IMO.

Pedro would be more suited our formation, the perfect wide forward for us and will score goals. Just disappointed we couldn't get the best out of ADM for whatever reason.

If he does leave, I want our fecking £59M back. PSG have enough money, we should fleece them, especially if they can cough up £50M for Luiz. cnuts.

The 'too much noise' idea is such nonsense. If that theory held any water we'd have signed so many frigging players.

I think the only upside to him leaving would be that we didn't get the best out of him last year. So we've not seen him play amazing in a United shirt. If he played amazing and added a great deal to our team and then wanted to leave I think it would be a harder pill to swallow. We are just lusting after the Real Madrid Di Maria when in actual fact the United Di Maria didn't have a lasting impact on our team.

Hopefully we get a replacement that will give his all for the club and we won't even linger on the thought of Di Maria.

If he stays then I hope he kicks on and shows us what he can really do.

A player who wants to player who wants to play in Ligue 1 at 27 is not the type of player we want at United. We'll get by without him

Status
Not open for further replies.