Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
I accepted it months ago, way before the season ended, that Di Maria would eventually go. Be it this Summer or next.

It's disappointing because he's a quality player, but sometimes players just don't adjust to life at a new team to enjoy it.

Replacing Angel di Maria, no matter how "bad" a season he had with Pedro is just ludicrous. I'm hoping Angel gets one more season to prove his worth otherwise we need to use the money on a Bale/Rues type player.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this cnut anymore... Let him leave, he's the absolute worst at cheating, he doesn't fit our style of play and more importantly he doesn't want to play for Manchester United.

Let him go. As we proved last season, we don't need him.
Replace 'Manchester United' with 'Liverpool' and that could have come straight from the Sterling thread on RAWK. If it wasn't inevitably locked.

If we get a good fee for him then good riddance. I really liked him at Real and Benfica, but his showing at United was pathetic. As soon as his form went downhill he showed no real determination to recover, he talked about he was going to give his all to find his form again but when given the chance he time and time again played sloppily and seemingly without a brain.

I don't think I've ever been happy when a quality player leaves the club, but this is coming close to that.

Pedro would be more suited our formation, the perfect wide forward for us and will score goals. Just disappointed we couldn't get the best out of ADM for whatever reason.

If he does leave, I want our fecking £59M back. PSG have enough money, we should fleece them, especially if they can cough up £50M for Luiz. cnuts.

By that scale, if those clowns rate Luiz at £50m then it shouldn't be a problem to pay significantly more for Di Maria.
I am really excited about a font 3 of depay-Rooney-Pedro!

I wish now that he had never joined.

But Christ, with Nani, RvP and AdM off the wage bill, money to splash and no #7, we could probably get Ronaldo.

Tbf to the guy, I'm not sure the conditions were ever going to be right for him to turn things around. From the outside it seems he was a very bad match for LVG's general philosophy, one which other players have failed to adapt to before.

In fact I'd say one of the downsides of hiring Van Gaal is that you can pretty much guarantee at least some excellent players won't be able to hack playing under him.

By that scale, if those clowns rate Luiz at £50m then it shouldn't be a problem to pay significantly more for Di Maria.
I am really excited about a font 3 of depay-Rooney-Pedro!

They seem to be more cute with their spending now, they won't go above £50M tbh, maybe bonuses to take it above 50.

I'd still want Mata in there btw.

Just a thought.

Do half the people who want rid now see Fellaini as a good option? Because Fellainis first season was a lot worse than Di Maria's, his fee was even more ridiculous, yet somehow people on the caf seem to praise him to the heavens.

Unless we are profiting on Di Maria I think there's zero chance we sell.

Replace 'Manchester United' with 'Liverpool' and that could have come straight from the Sterling thread on RAWK. If it wasn't inevitably locked.
Why? Because I'm not bum licking him? It's not true either, is it? Sterling fit in great at Liverpool. He just outgrew them which is why he wanted out and thus the bitterness from Liverpool fans.

Bar a few games at the beginning of the season, Di Maria has looked lost at United. The only place we can play him is on the wing where he is inconsistent and no better than someone like Nani who frustrated us to no end. He's also a deplorable player when it comes to his antics, of that there's no doubt about.

Our mistake (which I pointed out last season only to receive abuse) was paying that much money for him when he wasn't worth nearly that amount. It'd also help if we knew where we'd play him instead of dicking him about up front and back on the wing. Which leads to he question if we wanted a midfielder, and Di Maria didn't fit his criteria, why on earth did we buy him?

Di Maria failed to adapt to the Van Gaal philosophy. I don't buy that ADM was a Woody signing either. I think that LVG would take any player of that quality and be confident of shaping them to his methods. Di Maria seemingly learnt nothing all season, even us fans on Redcafe know that you are supposed not to lose the ball primarily, yet even in his final appearances of the season he was trying to hardest thing all the time and losing the ball far too regularly.

He was usurped by Ashley Young FFS, but then Ash is outstanding at looking after the ball.

So long as LVG is manager it isn't a great loss at all. Say LVG is sacked this season then it will be a loss because a different manager could use Di Maria to great effect.

I bought his shirt at the start of last season, so I'll feel like a big fecking idiot if he ends up leaving :lol:

In all seriousness, I'll be really disappointed if he sell him. I still feel he has a lot to prove with us and can have a great second season.

Just a thought.

Do half the people who want rid now see Fellaini as a good option? Because Fellainis first season was a lot worse than Di Maria's, his fee was even more ridiculous, yet somehow people on the caf seem to praise him to the heavens.

Unless we are profiting on Di Maria I think there's zero chance we sell.
I dont think its about the performance. I think this move has more to do with Di Maria having problems adjusting to England and not being happy here. We didnt have that problem with Fellaini. And kudos to him he fought his way back into the team. I dont see him starting a lot this year but is a good option to have off the bench. I reckon we could get at least £15-20m even if we decide to sell Fellaini. And I seriously doubt we are going to make a profit on the Di Maria sale. We would probably take a hit of £10m and move him on.

I bought his shirt at the start of last season, so I'll feel like a big fecking idiot if he ends up leaving :lol:

In all seriousness, I'll be really disappointed if he sell him. I still feel he has a lot to prove with us and can have a great second season.

Serves you right. A grown man with a players name on his back is pretty sad

I dont think its about the performance. I think this move has more to do with Di Maria having problems adjusting to England and not being happy here. We didnt have that problem with Fellaini. And kudos to him he fought his way back into the team. I dont see him starting a lot this year but is a good option to have off the bench. I reckon we could get at least £15-20m even if we decide to sell Fellaini. And I seriously doubt we are going to make a profit on the Di Maria sale. We would probably take a hit of £10m and move him on.

I don't see why we have to take a 10m hit, especially with a sugar daddy club like psg. I don't care if we made a profit, but we sure as hell shouldn't accept a loss.

Hope we get Reus. Dortmund would surely accept around £40m.
We'll get Pedro, no point looking further. Hopefully he'll have a larger contribution and fit into the system better, wouldn't take much.

I'm disappointed in di Maria more than anything else if he leaves, hard to blame van Gaal and certainly hard to blame Woodward/the club in terms of the financials.

Everything we've done this summer seems incredibly well thought out so I don't know why people are so worried. We want Ramos for De Gea. We want 50m for Di Maria, who isn't a van Gaal type player and by all accounts doesn't even want to be here. He also isn't a world class winger, is better in midfield, and actually, despite not being as individually talented as him, Pedro would suit our system more giving far greater balance to our wide options.

If you include the Di Maria and Pedro transfers that would put our net spend at around 35m. Rafael, Valdes and Evans will also be going so let's put that at 20m. We need a goalkeeper so let's say a net spend of 50m presuming its Lloris, which I'm guessing it would be based on the stories he wanted out and was waiting for a CL club earlier in the summer. He's also exactly the type of sweeper keeper I'd imagine we're looking for.

De Gea for Ramos, Di Maria leaving, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin signing, everything we've done/want to do this window was reported back in June with the exception of Darmian, who I think was second choice after Alves, and Pedro who seems like a player who has suddenly become available for a good price.

There's also been another story which has been consistently rumbling on since May/June; that of Muller. This is the third summer in a row that we've been after him. A 50m net spend with the wages of Di Maria, RVP and Falcao off the bill basically gives Woodward a blank cheque to finally go and get him.

In one summer we'd have gone from scrapping for top four to having a squad that can challenge in Europe. And we'd have achieved it despite getting rid of De Gea, RVP, Di Maria and Falcao. It would be unbelievably impressive. Hopefully we can pull it off.

Everything we've done this summer seems incredibly well thought out so I don't know why people are so worried. We want Ramos for De Gea. We want 50m for Di Maria, who isn't a van Gaal type player and by all accounts doesn't even want to be here. He also isn't a world class winger, is better in midfield, and actually, despite not being as individually talented as him, Pedro would suit our system more giving far greater balance to our wide options.

If you include the Di Maria and Pedro transfers that would put our net spend at around 35m. Rafael, Valdes and Evans will also be going so let's put that at 20m. We need a goalkeeper so let's say a net spend of 50m presuming its Lloris, which I'm guessing it would be based on the stories he wanted out and was waiting for a CL club earlier in the summer. He's also exactly the type of sweeper keeper I'd imagine we're looking for.

De Gea for Ramos, Di Maria leaving, Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin signing, everything we've done/want to do this window was reported back in June with the exception of Darmian, who I think was second choice after Alves, and Pedro who seems like a player who has suddenly become available for a good price.

There's also been another story which has been consistently rumbling on since May/June; that of Muller. This is the third summer in a row that we've been after him. A 50m net spend with the wages of Di Maria, RVP and Falcao off the bill basically gives Woodward a blank cheque to finally go and get him.

In one summer we'd have gone from scrapping for top four to having a squad that can challenge in Europe. And we'd have achieved it despite getting rid of De Gea, RVP, Di Maria and Falcao. It would be unbelievably impressive. Hopefully we can pull it off.
I think this paragraph basically says all that needs to be said on the matter, if I'm honest. £50m recouped after a dreadful season where he ended on the bench? Just because we are spending big and being linked with big money moves a lot, do people think money of that kind is irrelevant to the club now and there doesn't need to be an actual sense of business involved any more?

Pedro for half the fee received for Di Maria who is a much lesser risk and will inevitably provide goals and assists. We could end up with Ramos as well and have a killer squad going into the season.

I mean, how suitable a player is he for us if he wanted to take early retirement in Paris rather than join us in the first place?

It's a difficult one. I personally think if he were to stay here, he'd have a marginally better season than last and would find himself on the bench playing second fiddle to Young again which would make him want to leave anyway albeit with us getting way less money. It's difficult because I want to live in a world where a Manchester United winger attacks the fullback and looks to create rather than take the safety first approach. I think Di Maria can be that player for us and I don't think the same of Pedro who I do rate probably higher than most other people do.

It's a difficult one. I personally think if he were to stay here, he'd have a marginally better season than last and would find himself on the bench playing second fiddle to Young again which would make him want to leave anyway albeit with us getting way less money. It's difficult because I want to live in a world where a Manchester United winger attacks the fullback and looks to create rather than take the safety first approach. I think Di Maria can be that player for us and I don't think the same of Pedro who I do rate probably higher than most other people do.
He's also got Depay to contend with as well who seems to be far more ready made for the Premier League physically and mentally. Maybe van Gaal and di Maria himself don't believe he's cut out for it.

How can we sell a world class player after one below average season. i say below average because 10 assists is not poor.
Its ludicrous to make a record singing and then sell him before giving him a real chance. very stupid decision.

I'm guessing its more so a family decision than a football one. If his wife or whoever don't like it and are pestering him to move elsewhere, then he's likely to leave.

Glad to see more people accepting that selling Di Maria, even if we make a bit of a loss, is not the end of the world.

I'll take a Pedro that fancies it over a Di Maria that doesn't any day of the week.

If he doesn't really want to be here - and there were strong rumours PSG were his first choice even when he signed - then we may as well move him on and get most of our money back.

And while Pedro may not be as individually talented as Di Maria, he's hardly a donkey, and could conceivably contribute more than a demotivated Di Maria would've.

Just when I thought I couldn't hate this cnut anymore... Let him leave, he's the absolute worst at cheating, he doesn't fit our style of play and more importantly he doesn't want to play for Manchester United.

Let him go. As we proved last season, we don't need him.
We did? I think if anything, last season proved we do need him, or at least a player similar to him. We limped to fourth playing slow, dull and predictable football for the most part.

I don't really mind if he does go, as it seems he wants to leave. Not much the club can do if that is the case. I wouldn't be happy replacing him with Pedro though. We need more players that create something from nothing, and Pedro isn't that.

How can we sell a world class player after one below average season. i say below average because 10 assists is not poor.
Its ludicrous to make a record singing and then sell him before giving him a real chance. very stupid decision.
Regardless of what you think of di Maria, and I am one who has always rated him highly, this 10 assists stat that is being regurgitated is tedious. All you had to do was watch his performances as a whole to see he was nothing other than disappointing. His best moment, which was a great goal, came in a defeat at Leicester. Sums it up nicely, really.

Hope we get Reus. Dortmund would surely accept around £40m.

Me to but that most definitely won't happen. Would be like when we all wanted Ribery after Ronaldo left.

In fact I'm that sure that it won't happen that I won't make 1 post on the Caf until Xmas if it does :lol:

From a business perspective, we could stand to lose a lot of money if he has another average to poor season, and may even struggle to move him because of his wages. I'm torn either way, but I trust the staff and if they think he's a world beater I think they will try harder to keep hold of him.

vidic reportedly had a similar family issues but he stayed. di maria himself recently said he wants to stay and fight for his place. i dont think di maria fits in the system he wants to play which seems shocking because di maria has done so well for madrid and argentina and has shown his ability. its only at united that hes suffered. seems more like this comes from van gaal.

I'll take a Pedro that fancies it over a Di Maria that doesn't any day of the week.

If he doesn't really want to be here - and there were strong rumours PSG were his first choice even when he signed - then we may as well move him on and get most of our money back.

And while Pedro may not be as individually talented as Di Maria, he's hardly a donkey, and could conceivably contribute more than a demotivated Di Maria would've.
This is a huge part that people are overlooking. Whether we sign Pedro or not, if di Maria has had enough and wants out then there's really nothing more to be said than well done Woodward for recouping £50m on him.

Looks like he's off doesn't it.

If we get between 50-60m for him I don't mind really, let's sign Pedro (an inferior player but will suit the 4-3-3 much better) and re-invest the rest of the cash.

Regardless of what you think of di Maria, and I am one who has always rated him highly, this 10 assists stat that is being regurgitated is tedious. All you had to do was watch his performances as a whole to see he was nothing other than disappointing. His best moment, which was a great goal, came in a defeat at Leicester. Sums it up nicely, really.
that really doesnt matter does it? its his first season in english football and yes he want consistent. what a huge surprise. many world class players need time to adjust. selling your record singing after one season where he showed flashes of his true capabilities is a stupid decision. you can sugar coat it if you want.

that really doesnt matter does it? its his first season in english football and yes he want consistent. what a huge surprise. many world class players need time to adjust. selling your record singing after one season where he showed flashes of his true capabilities is a stupid decision. you can sugar coat it if you want.
And what do you say instead if it's just a matter of di Maria wanting to leave?

And what do you say instead if it's just a matter of di Maria wanting to leave?
firstly you cant assume that he does since he himself said he wants to stay. even if we forget that for a second and believe that its not van gaals decsion but di maria's, it wont be the first time our club would have stopped a world class player from leaving. its simple. we want to sell him. thats what baffles me.

Status
Not open for further replies.