Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's why I said he's weak mentally and it doesn't help that he didn't really wanna sign for Man Utd in the first place.

Exactly, he arrived negatively...he wanted to stay at Real. His whole vibe felt like one a bit of disappointment. I've never for one moment felt like he took to the club.

As long as we get a substantial amount of the £59 million we paid, and then re-invest it back into the team then I couldn't give a monkeys ring piece!

If the boney faced bastard wants to move to a far far inferior league then hasty la vista to the Argie Anus dwelling, frogs leg eating caricature faced twat!

As long as we get a substantial amount of the £59 million we paid, and then re-invest it back into the team then I couldn't give a monkeys ring piece!

If the boney faced bastard wants to move to a far far inferior league then hasty la vista to the Argie Anus dwelling, frogs leg eating caricature faced twat!

Can we be above posters like this please?

Exactly, he arrived negatively...he wanted to stay at Real. His whole vibe felt like one a bit of disappointment. I've never for one moment felt like he took to the club.

And he left he wanted to go to Paris... He didn't really positive signs that's for sure.

His interview straight after moving to us saying he didn't want to leave Madrid, boohoo, and then the "PSG had money problems" shite, and then the "we got burgled and are now mental wrecks" nonsense... he is more than welcome to feck off.

As long as we get in another top attacker to replace him. We need more flair in attack.

His interview straight after moving to us saying he didn't want to leave Madrid, boohoo, and then the "PSG had money problems" shite, and then the "we got burgled and are now mental wrecks" nonsense... he is more than welcome to feck off.

As long as we get in another top attacker to replace him. We need more flair in attack.
I think we now know the reason why Madrid wanted rid of him. He looks like he's in severe decline, Torresesque decline.

Christ, weren't you all about piety and respect in the James McClean thread?

Boney faced bastard and monkey's ring piece did make me laugh tbf

At least you have a sense of humour mate. My post was designed to make posters laugh, not to be taken seriously.

The quotes I just read in the twitter thread are infuriating. The worst part is he made them just after he joined us and not recently. He can piss off to PSG (for a handsome fee of course).

For every superstar that wants to sign for PSG, another will want to leave, so I wouldn't worry about strengthening them. The only worry is the lack of quality replacements.

Saying he had a terrible season is an overstatement. He was our best player in the first half of the season ...

Dude, he wasnt our best player in the first half of season.
Firstly he arrived in Sept.
He had I think, 2 good games (against lower league opposition), after which some fans believed we had signed the future Ballon d'or winner.
And yes, he did play against Leicester - you remember that game?
Then his form began to dip.
Then he got injured and hardly played.
Then when he did return, he was pretty ordinary.
I remember seeing him play in the FA Cup against a lower division side (I can't remember who) and at no stage did it look like he was a cut above.
Then he started playing from the subs bench (even though he was fully fit).
Then he had his big chance, against Arsenal in the FA Cup - he blew it in the most spectacular fashion. You remember this?
From then on, he was a bench-warmer and nothing else. Coming off the bench I think he made some decent assists.

In a nutshell, thats his season.

In late Dec - early Jan there was a poll (on this forum). Who was our best player. De Gea was No.1. And Blind was No.2. I'm not sure where Di Maria was.

I realise that you are Di Maria fan, but lets not forget, he is a bench-warmer, not because he is one of our best players, but because he is not good enough to get into the first team. LVG is not a fool who would willingly put our best player on the bench. LVG wants to win (to save his own job) and he will use the best players available to him.

Some players just arent meant to perform well in the EPL - Di Maria and Falcao fall into this category.
I wish him all the best when he goes to PSG - where the girls are pretty, the weather is warm, the league is less physical and he'll get to work with in a team which score many goals. He'll probably win plenty of league titles there. Looking at it logically, I can't think of one reason why he should stay in MUFC (vs PSG). If I were his agent and I wanted to do good by him, I'd get him out of MUFC as quickly as I could.

As long as we get a decent fee which is anything over 40million gbp I will be happy. I just think another season in floppish form would seriously reduce his price given his age as well which isn't that low.

Yes, that's why I said he's weak mentally and it doesn't help that he didn't really wanna sign for Man Utd in the first place.
I just don't understand Di Maria's mindset. Why is he so desperate to go play in a smaller league at a time where United might just have a good chance at winning the PL next season. We could have Rojo, Otamendi and Romero here next season plus all the other Spanish speakers to help him adjust to England.

He really is mentally fragile and it's disappointing that he's prepared to leave as a failure if the stories are true

He had I think, 2 good games (against lower league opposition), after which some fans believed we had signed the future Ballon d'or winner.
I remember seeing him play in the FA Cup against a lower division side (I can't remember who) and at no stage did it look like he was a cut above.
Then he had his big chance, against Arsenal in the FA Cup - he blew it in the most spectacular fashion. You remember this?
From then on, he was a bench-warmer and nothing else. Coming off the bench I think he made some decent assists.
He scored one of the best goals of our season against Leciester and that complete capitulation wasn't his fault. The lower league FA cup I remember was against Yeovil where I think he came off the bench and scored (along with Herrera...might be mistaken as I cant remeber that well)

You can't include those two points as negatives against him really

As long as we get a decent fee which is anything over 40million gbp I will be happy. I just think another season in floppish form would seriously reduce his price given his age as well which isn't that low.

We'll get that I reckon, from the reports this morning we've turned down £45m plus add-ons.

£50m and I think he's gone.

In a nutshell, thats his season.

In late Dec - early Jan there was a poll (on this forum). Who was our best player. De Gea was No.1. And Blind was No.2. I'm not sure where Di Maria was.

I realise that you are Di Maria fan, but lets not forget, he is a bench-warmer, not because he is one of our best players, but because he is not good enough to get into the first team. LVG is not a fool who would willingly put our best player on the bench. LVG wants to win (to save his own job) and he will use the best players available to him.

Some players just arent meant to perform well in the EPL - Di Maria and Falcao fall into this category.
I wish him all the best when he goes to PSG - where the girls are pretty, the weather is warm, the league is less physical and he'll get to work with in a team which score many goals. He'll probably win plenty of league titles there. Looking at it logically, I can't think of one reason why he should stay in MUFC (vs PSG). If I were his agent and I wanted to do good by him, I'd get him out of MUFC as quickly as I could.

:lol: feckin hell - what a post

Best song ever.

some of the rumored transfer replacements does not fill me with confidence, is pedro a better replacement than di maria? its doubtful

He doesn't want to be here and it's inevitable he will leave, it's just about getting the best possible price for him now. Looks like Pedro will be his replacement and for a lot less money so I don't think it will be too it a loss as we Never saw the best of di Maria and even when on form he is always hit and miss.

It's not a direct comparison between performances, but more about attitude. Di Maria has showed he is some sort scared pussy whereas Sanchez fought to adapt but let's just forget Sanchez. How about Ashley Young ? A player who was so bad everyone would have been happy with his departure a year ago, he was asked to play in positions not comfortable to him (LB, LWB) and in the end he achieved something big (being a regular starter for the LW position).

If Young can work hard, adapt, build his confidence back up and accept his manager's demands then why can't Di Maria, who is much more talented, can't do half of that ? I can understand wanting to play in your position to get the best out of you but if you're not gonna be given that, at least do your best in a position not completely strange to you.

If we were to witness more effort and more commitment at least, despite poorer performances in comparison to CM, I don't think many of us would be disappointed.
On your ashley young point. He has had 3 years here to build that resistance and work harder. Di Maria has been here 1 season.

:lol:

Your really not taking this personal at all I see!

Last edited:
If Di Maria really wants to leave then he can feck right off. What kind of elite athlete gives up after one poor season? I can't understand this at all. Footballers really are a different breed...

Is he going? Plenty of rumour alright, but Van Gaal has said he expects him to show up on the 25th for pre season training.

Is he going? Plenty of rumour alright, but Van Gaal has said he expects him to show up on the 25th for pre season training.

Van gaal obviously expects him the 25th, he hasn't been sold, yet. It doesn't mean that a sale isn't to come.

Too many premature comments in here. We don't really know what is going on behind the scenes, right now it is all speculation. Let's wait until we hear something official before we trash talk ADM

If Di Maria really wants to leave then he can feck right off. What kind of elite athlete gives up after one poor season? I can't understand this at all. Footballers really are a different breed...

I think LvG said right after his home almost got burglarized that he might leave and he could understand if he did so from a human perspective. So I guess he was pretty shaken up by that experience and judging by the reactions, I think its not exactly been a mystery to people involved within the club that this would happen. Only doubt might have been about who could afford him and with FFP being relaxed at the right time PSG have come forward to make it easier on everyone to find an amicable solution.

There's just too much noise for this not to be true. I think he'll be off, will be a shame to lose him but if he's heart is not in the right place then I guess it's for the best!

I think LvG said right after his home almost got burglarized that he might leave and he could understand if he did so from a human perspective. So I guess he was pretty shaken up by that experience and judging by the reactions, I think its not exactly been a mystery to people involved within the club that this would happen. Only doubt might have been about who could afford him and with FFP being relaxed at the right time PSG have come forward to make it easier on everyone to find an amicable solution.

Do people not get burgled in Madrid, or Paris, or Lisbon for that matter? OK, it's not a pleasant experience but I think there's more to it than that.

Do people not get burgled in Madrid, or Paris, or Lisbon for that matter? OK, it's not a pleasant experience but I think there's more to it than that.

I'm no family man but I think having your home invaded while your wife and infant daughter are inside can be a traumatic experience to a man. I read that United provided his family a bodyguard for the rest of the season while he lived in a hotel. You could think he can afford a full time security team with his salary but I guess its not an easy solution.

Him being gone also probably means that we have eliminated everyone but Rooney from the top tier of the wage bracket. Di Maria, Rooney, Van Persie and Falcao together must have been earning close to a million a week.

There's just too much noise for this not to be true. I think he'll be off, will be a shame to lose him but if he's heart is not in the right place then I guess it's for the best!
Feeling like this might be the case.

Yeah we can't hold on to a guy desperate to leave if he is, but I'm worried about the lack of creativity in our team, and I'm not sure pedro solves that.

Status
Not open for further replies.