Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont get it either. Maybe its easy to say it now cos I dont have one, but my wife will never be able to force me to move from a more competitive and enjoyable work environment.
It's not like Manchester is hell on earth either and I believe the part where the players live is a very nice area.

Or like Scholes, giggs, nev, even players like Rooney, Rio vidic etc etc. of course it goes both ways but surely it goes without saying that players that want to play for the club first and foremost should be top priority because you will never doubt their heart. Also as a side only Evans on that list is poor and even he has had a good Utd career by for most people, the others are still very very young and could easily turn into good players or at the very least valuable squad players.

I guarrantee that none of the players I mentioned will be at United in two or three years time. We are moving into a different era...we are buying big just like all the other major clubs. If we don't do that, the United 'business' will fail....

I guarrantee that none of the players I mentioned will be at United in two or three years time. We are moving into a different era...we are buying big just like all the other major clubs. If we don't do that, the United 'business' will fail....
That's your opinion but I really don't know how you can write off players at the age of 19 especially when they have shown great promise

No, they were completely made up. News of the World made up quite a few things around that time.

Interesting,which also make me think he would've been forced out of Real last season,with us being the sole bidder and he had no other option.
My biggest worry is he'd not been utilised properly for one or other reason.

Whether he's the main man or not doesn't particularly concern me. But it should concern him. He's made a big money move to another huge club, struggled somewhat, and looks like fleeing at the first port of call. I think it's incredibly weak. If he had more about him he would stick it out for another year, in a better team, and rise to the top. Otherwise, like I said, this move turns out to be a big, black mark on an otherwise excellent career.
You say 'a big money move to another huge club', but I think he's always seen United as a move downwards from Madrid. And he's had in his mind that, when push comes to shove, he can probably get his preferred move to PSG.

I think he'd still have had an eye on PSG, even if his season had been better. I see what you're saying, but I don't think he's fleeing, so much as I think he came here less than delighted, had a mediocre season, and has learnt (at some pint) that PSG are willing to go back in for him.

He'd stick it out, if not for that. I don't think he's fleeing because the big money move hasn't worked out. He's fleeing because this was never his first choice in the first place.

2) He was a commercial signing which perhaps LVG thought he could adapt to his team, but ultimately failed. His stock was at the highest it's ever been last summer, and with the Adidas deal in mind I do believe we stumped up big bucks for commercial business reasons
Definitely. That's become pretty obvious at this stage.

Manchester is a great city, very vibrant, great nightlife, loads of culture - but....well, it does rain quite a lot. That could get a bit depressing for an Argentinian couple....

Something he must have known well in advance. It didnt just start to rain regularly in England.

You say 'a big money move to another huge club', but I think he's always seen United as a move downwards from Madrid. And he's had in his mind that, when push comes to shove, he can probably get his preferred move to PSG.

I think he'd still have had an eye on PSG, even if his season had been better. I see what you're saying, but I don't think he's fleeing, so much as I think he came here less than delighted, had a mediocre season, and has learnt (at some pint) that PSG are willing to go back in for him.

He'd stick it out, if not for that. I don't think he's fleeing because the big money move hasn't worked out. He's fleeing because this was never his first choice in the first place.
But then you need to ask yourself why in the world would you prefer a move to PSG over Utd if for anything but money. If he leaves it's the cowards way out and shows what Di Maria's real ambitions truly are and would also prove that Madrid were not willing to match his wage demands.

We better be getting another creative player because from those comments from the manager he is gone.

Its telling that the final game vs Hull LVG said he put Di Maria in as the team lacked creativity, so even he sees it himself, and recongnises Di Marias talents
Looking like hes a gonner, which is a shame, but I'm quite worried about the lack of creativity, I expected a lot more from Mata in that respect tbh

Because they wouldn't pay him enough in his new contract but Utd were stupid enough from. People need to realise what I have thought from day one, that Di Maria is a mercenary with money his only true priority
Not just about not paying him enough. They basically indicated that he wasn't going to play such an important role after that season. They effectively forced him out, as they did Ozil. He'd probably have taken slightly lower wages, had he been guaranteed a role at Madrid. And he'd probably have taken slightly lower wages, in order to join PSG.

We just happened to be in need of a 'marquee' signing, willing to throw huge money around, and he had no other real option.

Not just about not paying him enough. They basically indicated that he wasn't going to play such an important role after that season. They effectively forced him out, as they did Ozil. He'd probably have taken slightly lower wages, had he been guaranteed a role at Madrid. And he'd probably have taken slightly lower wages, in order to join PSG.

We just happened to be in need of a 'marquee' signing, willing to throw huge money around, and he had no other real option.
I mean your free to believe what you like but it's comes over abit naive to be honest if you don't think money comes into this because no true fan of football that plays for the love of the game would move to PSG.

I don't know if Van Gaal rates him or not. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where he doesn't see a place for him in our team but Woody won't sell because it would be "embarrassing for the club". The only factors that matter here are whether or not Van Gaal rates Di Maria (after working with him for a year, he may well have a different opinion to the one he held when he ok'd the signing) and how badly Di Maria wants to stay at United. If the manager or the player aren't 100% committed then we need to get rid pronto, no matter how embarrassing that would be for the club.
Being "embarrassed" at selling ADM for a loss is not an issue. If United have a great season then nobody will even remember.

I mean your free to believe what you like but it's comes over abit naive to be honest if you don't think money comes into this because no true fan of football that plays for the love of the game would move to PSG.

Why? They have a good team that's consistently been in QFs of Champions League in the last few years, they have plenty of money and ambition to build a stronger team, they have a good stadium and are quite popular in France - and France are a footballing nation with traditions. Obviously they're not as big as United or Real Madrid but let's not pretend he's going to Stoke.

Why? They have a good team that's consistently been in QFs of Champions League in the last few years, they have plenty of money and ambition to build a stronger team, they have a good stadium and are quite popular in France - and France are a footballing nation with traditions. Obviously they're not as big as United or Real Madrid but let's not pretend he's going to Stoke.
The French league is abit of a joke with the level of competition really quite along way off the other top leagues. I can understand the allure of the location, but from a footballing standpoint compared to Madrid and Utd they are along way off so there is no way there isn't large issues linked to money.

The French league is abit of a joke with the level of competition really quite along way off the other top leagues. I can understand the allure of the location, but from a footballing standpoint compared to Madrid and Utd they are along way off so there is no way there isn't large issues linked to money.
This..... That's why I don't understand why players want to go there, and reject other more glorified teams and leagues. Falcao could have gone anywhere and he went to Monaco. Lucas had our lure and Fergie wanted him, went to PSG. Zlatan could have gone anywhere but ended up there and so did cavani of 2 years back.
I thought the players would like clubs with name and history and money obviously is not an issue because I would imagine in ADM case he would be given quite a hefty salary. Y would you leave for a league which is below standard, non competitive and full of players who would instantly change their shirts if they get a chance at la liga or premier league top clubs

Who gives a damn if we get good money for him. He won't be the first or last player to last a season. Rumours were Cudrado wasn't even going to last 6 months.
I care that the club is now being run by people willing to throw 60 mill at a player but not even give it more than 12 months to make it work

I desperately do not want Utd to turn into Chelsea

This..... That's why I don't understand why players want to go there, and reject other more glorified teams and leagues. Falcao could have gone anywhere and he went to Monaco. Lucas had our lure and Fergie wanted him, went to PSG. Zlatan could have gone anywhere but ended up there and so did cavani of 2 years back.
I thought the players would like clubs with name and history and money obviously is not an issue because I would imagine in ADM case he would be given quite a hefty salary. Y would you leave for a league which is below standard, non competitive and full of players who would instantly change their shirts if they get a chance at la liga or premier league top clubs

Some people probably enjoy getting both easy money and "lazy" life at the same time I guess.

He'd probably go PSG if they offered him the exact same wage he has now. And he would have gone there under those circumstances last summer.
United probably just doesn't do it for him.

Easy life, good weather, you can easily make yourself look better than you are, not as much hard work, more money, more chance of starting games.

I care that the club is now being run by people willing to throw 60 mill at a player but not even give it more than 12 months to make it work

I desperately do not want Utd to turn into Chelsea
What do you mean the club is not giving it more than 12 months to make it work.
We want force him out nor do I think LVG wants to sell him, its up to him if he wants to stay. Better to sell him than to have a player who would rather be somewhere else in our ranks.

He won't be the ADM of Madrid at PSG, and he won't shine, mark my words

Laurent Blanc is a mini LVG, he likes possession and I'm sure that his arrival will be an absolute tactical issue at PSG

Last year, at the beginning of the season, PSG played in 4-3-3 with Cavani left, Ibra center, and Lucas/Lavezzi/Pastore right. They had big big issue because they were not balanced. Ibra plays like a false 9 and plays 40 meters from the front line, Cavani hates the winger role, Lucas is a joke of winger and Pastore not a winger...

Toward the end of the season, Blanc played in a diamond 4-4-2 with Pastore behind Ibra and Lavezzi and PSG thrived like this...

Where Di Maria will play at PSG ? 4-3-3 and having the issue with Ibra and Cavani again, and with Pastore, their best player on the bench?, or in the diamond instead of Matuidi, the only French and symbol of PSG on the bench ?

Please Al Khelaifi, give us 70M back for him and bye bye Angel (I admit that I want him to stay, but it looks unlikely)

They still play in Champions League even if the league is poor plus as you've said Paris is sort of a pretty city and living there must be quite good if you're a footballer (that's subjective though).

I don't think he can expect to have his salary improved by going there in all honesty.

You really comparing these to the most expensive ever premier league player?
No, Im not because his assists along with DDGs magnificence saw us into fourth last year and back into the champions league. Those players were a travesty who should never have been allowed to represent Utd at any level. Was Di maria an expensive player, yes, did he give us the return expected, no, did he make a significant contribution to us achieving our aims last year? Yes so how he can be the worst transfer ever is beyond me.

I don't think he'll leave. He has said previously he wants to stay and fight and that he always stuggles in his first season. Maybe LVG doesn't rate him now but if Di Maria wants to stay then he won't sell.

No, Im not because his assists along with DDGs magnificence saw us into fourth last year and back into the champions league. Those players were a travesty who should never have been allowed to represent Utd at any level. Was Di maria an expensive player, yes, did he give us the return expected, no, did he make a significant contribution to us achieving our aims last year? Yes so how he can be the worst transfer ever is beyond me.
Because he lasted 12 months

I don't think he'll leave. He has said previously he wants to stay and fight and that he always stuggles in his first season. Maybe LVG doesn't rate him now but if Di Maria wants to stay then he won't sell.

Yeah but the Guardian, Telegraph and other papers are stating he's not happy. Obviously they've planted a device in di Maria's brain to establish his real set of thoughts.

I find this situation embarrassing for United and Van Gaal. We bought the most expensive player in premier league history and just after one season of mix performances we decided that we might want to sell him. It was not like he was in the bottom half of our worst player last season, in fact he was arguable one of our top three performers. Di Maria has already showed the fans the quality he is capable of and I believe if Van Gaal utilizes him better than he did towards the end of season, he will be the type of player that can help us challenge for the title.

Nevertheless, if we do sell him we will lose a quality player. However, like I said earlier, he might be quality but if he can not adopt Van Gaal philosophy then it is better we let him go. It is a case of building a team around Di Maria play style or Van Gaal philosophy and it appears that we are going for the latter.

He won't be the ADM of Madrid at PSG, and he won't shine, mark my words

Laurent Blanc is a mini LVG, he likes possession and I'm sure that his arrival will be an absolute tactical issue at PSG

Last year, at the beginning of the season, PSG played in 4-3-3 with Cavani left, Ibra center, and Lucas/Lavezzi/Pastore right. They had big big issue because they were not balanced. Ibra plays like a false 9 and plays 40 meters from the front line, Cavani hates the winger role, Lucas is a joke of winger and Pastore not a winger...

Toward the end of the season, Blanc played in a diamond 4-4-2 with Pastore behind Ibra and Lavezzi and PSG thrived like this...

Where Di Maria will play at PSG ? 4-3-3 and having the issue with Ibra and Cavani again, and with Pastore, their best player on the bench?, or in the diamond instead of Matuidi, the only French and symbol of PSG on the bench ?

Please Al Khelaifi, give us 70M back for him and bye bye Angel (I admit that I want him to stay, but it looks unlikely)

Using him on the wing is a waste of time. For the millionth time I will say this - at his best he's a £25m - £30m winger and a £50m - £60m midfielder. If you intend to use him on the wing don't fecking pay the midfielder price.

Lets be honest here. He had one outstanding season and that was in midfield for Madrid although he's nominally a winger.

Other than that he was up and down with his form.

Status
Not open for further replies.