Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
if adm not leaving and lvg doen't get muller, i bet lvg would cast adm to be our no 10 for the coming season

It's a shame because the lad is a world class talent, but it seems that he really doesn't have the fight for the Premier league and doesn't want to be at united at all. If he wants to go and piss about in the tin pot Fench league then let him, if we get the majority of the money back then no problem.
I fully expect Di Maria out and Pedro in, which on the surface is a downgrade, but if Pedro wants to play for us and doesnt spend half the time 'injured' then it will benefit the team.

It's a shame because the lad is a world class talent, but it seems that he really doesn't have the fight for the Premier league and doesn't want to be at united at all. If he wants to go and piss about in the tin pot Fench league then let him, if we get the majority of the money back then no problem.
I fully expect Di Maria out and Pedro in, which on the surface is a downgrade, but if Pedro wants to play for us and doesnt spend half the time 'injured' then it will benefit the team.

This.

I don't know if Van Gaal rates him or not. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where he doesn't see a place for him in our team but Woody won't sell because it would be "embarrassing for the club". The only factors that matter here are whether or not Van Gaal rates Di Maria (after working with him for a year, he may well have a different opinion to the one he held when he ok'd the signing) and how badly Di Maria wants to stay at United. If the manager or the player aren't 100% committed then we need to get rid pronto, no matter how embarrassing that would be for the club.

Ronaldo and DDG would both say otherwise. Ultimately, the club has to decide what is in its best interests. If it means selling Di Maria, then so be it. However, we need to make sure we recoup our money, especially since it is cash-rich PSG who want him.

British transfer record, could leave after 12 months and the club could lose 10-15 mil

Should go down as the worst signing of all time if this happens.

Gary Birtles
Alan Brazil
Danny Wallace
Bebe
Ralphe Milne
Gabriel Obertan
all say Hi

I think he doesn't want to stay. I wonder if he wanted to come to United in the first place

Except in public he claimed he wanted to fight for his place, so we're gonna be the ones looking bad in the first place.

We bought him for 65 million euro's which could rise to 75 million (add-ons). Probably a lot of add-ons havent been reached yet because we didnt win any trophies as a team, and he didnt individually. PSG now want to pay 65 million euro's with bonus. So you might as well say we've basically got the money back and if you're an optimist, theoretically we might even make profit on the transfer fee in the long run.

£59.7m plus add ons, PSG are offering £45.4m.

In terms of buying players the weaker Euro benefits us, we can offer fewer pounds to meet the euro valuation of those clubs, in terms of selling players though European teams will offer what they think the player is worth in euros which translates to fewer pounds.

British transfer record, could leave after 12 months and the club could lose 10-15 mil

Should go down as the worst signing of all time if this happens.

Who gives a damn if we get good money for him. He won't be the first or last player to last a season. Rumours were Cudrado wasn't even going to last 6 months.

It was 75m euros + add-ons (one was 4m if ADM wins Ballon d'or and simmilar add-ons were there, so we didn't pay it).

We didn't pay most of the money upfront, so the deal became cheaper during time so 65m euros is really close to what we paid, so I think that we would accept 70m+ bonuses (but which are not easy to meet) as that would mean no loss at all (even 65m isn't as he did play for us and he wasn't worth 75m euros, but his games were worth 5-10m euros).

Except in public he claimed he wanted to fight for his place, so we're gonna be the ones looking bad in the first place.

Who would believe a player who forced a move to 2 clubs in around a year. A player who ended up at PSG for all places. I guess he wanted to play for them since he was a child

Who would believe a player who forced a move to 2 clubs in around a year. A player who ended up at PSG for all places. I guess he wanted to play for them since he was a child

He didn't want the move from Real Madrid and was forced out of there.

Because they wouldn't pay him enough in his new contract but Utd were stupid enough from. People need to realise what I have thought from day one, that Di Maria is a mercenary with money his only true priority

Well he either forced a move or was forced out of two of the biggest clubs in the world only to find himself into a club whose owners think they are playing football manager. Kind of speaks volumes of the player's character doesn't it?

I honestly can't see why you would want to play in the french league. Yes he'll get paid plenty but he already is and having now played in La Liga and the P.L, then downgrading to League 1 can't be that attractive?

Because they wouldn't pay him enough in his new contract but Utd were stupid enough from. People need to realise what I have thought from day one, that Di Maria is a mercenary with money his only true priority

Most players are like that. Its their job after all.

I am glad we're finally lead by a manager whose no stranger on how football really works. At the first signs of moaning and groaning he shipped him off to the highest bidder and cut the losses. There's no point having a player who will badly to lower his fee erm because he's unhappy

I honestly can't see why you would want to play in the french league. Yes he'll get paid plenty but he already is and having now played in La Liga and the P.L, then downgrading to League 1 can't be that attractive?

$$$

Winning the fifth-most prestigious league title in the world, living in Paris, getting (even more) filthy rich, outside chance of winning the Champions League.

I can see the virtues.

It was said last summer that his wife wanted to live in Paris.

If he doesn't want to play for us, doesn't like Manchester and his wife is unhappy (all rumours of course) then for goodness sake get him out. The last thing we need is his sulky doe-eyed face around the place...

Winning the fifth-most prestigious league title in the world, living in Paris, getting (even more) filthy rich, outside chance of winning the Champions League.

I can see the virtues.
Excluding Paris, all your other points may very well happen in Manchester.

If he doesn't want to play for us, doesn't like Manchester and his wife is unhappy (all rumours of course) then for goodness sake get him out. The last thing we need is his sulky doe-eyed face around the place...
I agree. As much as I'm in favour of giving Di Maria another chance, you have to admit that he was out and out our poorest performer in the second half of the season whenever he started or came on as a sub. If his attitude was poor also there's no reason why Van Gaal would want to keep him around.

Is there any truth in these statement?

“Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World.

“And I won’t stop till I get it.

“When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.

“When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-dream-play-man-united#4dktZavxLMQ2Oxe2.99

If the above statement are to be believed, i doubt he got any intention of leaving OT.

I don't really have any qualms about the quoted fee for him. We overpaid for him and he endured a tough season, so his value is likely to decrease a bit. I am completely opposed to us selling him when there is no outstanding player in his position either attainable or available. Bale is clearly being seen as a key player for Benitez and Perez won't ever let him go and then beyond him, there isn't really anyone on a similar level to di Maria.

Personally, I think if we sign Pedro he will actually be a better fit for us, as he's more of a van Gaal type of player opposed to di Maria who's more spontaneous and unable to adapt his game to LVG's philosophy. Still, we would lose a lot of flair and creativity, which we are largely deprived of in the squad. Apart from ADM I don't think we have one, creative force in the squad. There will be certain games against deep-defending teams where we need a moment of ingenuity and vision with a key pass and it won't come because we don't possess it in the squad. I think if he stays he'll be instrumental for us next season and if he goes, we'll really rue his departure.

I don't really have any qualms about the quoted fee for him. We overpaid for him and he endured a tough season, so his value is likely to decrease a bit. I am completely opposed to us selling him when there is no outstanding player in his position either attainable or available. Bale is clearly being seen as a key player for Benitez and Perez won't ever let him go and then beyond him, there isn't really anyone on a similar level to di Maria.

Personally, I think if we sign Pedro he will actually be a better fit for us, as he's more of a van Gaal type of player opposed to di Maria who's more spontaneous and unable to adapt his game to LVG's philosophy. Still, we would lose a lot of flair and creativity, which we are largely deprived of in the squad. Apart from ADM I don't think we have one, creative force in the squad. There will be certain games against deep-defending teams where we need a moment of ingenuity and vision with a key pass and it won't come because we don't possess it in the squad. I think if he stays he'll be instrumental for us next season and if he goes, we'll really rue his departure.
But isn't it a case of LVG not wanting that spontaneity? With all his talk about training the players' minds, I assume he wants a very calculated, rigid style of play with little creative freedom. It's not an approach I agree with but it's the vibe I'm getting.

Is there any truth in these statement?

“Since I was 13 or 14 years old, I’ve been telling my mother and my father that my dream is to play some day for Manchester United," he said in the News of the World.

“And I won’t stop till I get it.

“When I watch [Wayne] Rooney and all of them on TV, I can’t wait to play there at Old Trafford.

“When I was a little boy I watched Arsenal games as well, but Manchester United always dazzled me most.”

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/di-maria-reveals-dream-play-man-united#4dktZavxLMQ2Oxe2.99

If the above statement are to be believed, i doubt he got any intention of leaving OT.
No, they were completely made up. News of the World made up quite a few things around that time.

Most players are like that. Its their job after all.

I am glad we're finally lead by a manager whose no stranger on how football really works. At the first signs of moaning and groaning he shipped him off to the highest bidder and cut the losses. There's no point having a player who will badly to lower his fee erm because he's unhappy
While I agree that more and more players are money driven, there are also hundreds of players that would be very thankful for even the small opportunity to play for Man Utd. Those are the players that we should aspire to get hold of because if they play for the badge to 100% then they will likely perform much better

But isn't it a case of LVG not wanting that spontaneity? With all his talk about training the players' minds, I assume he wants a very calculated, rigid style of play with little creative freedom. It's not an approach I agree with but it's the vibe I'm getting.
Yep, that's why I said Pedro will be a better fit for us, as he is what van Gaal requires in a winger/wide forward. As a unit, we should start to function greater as a whole, but I don't envisage us having a standout, outfield player that will prove very decisive in a lot of games. That might be the fine margin in United winning the title or not, as all our title-rivals have that.

It's a shame that we won't replace di Maria with a marquee player with the same calibre as him. I would expect Bale to be a better fit for us, even if he himself is quite individualistic. Likewise, Muller would be perfect and a decisive, match-winner. We still aren't going to replace di Maria's creativity though.

While I agree that more and more players are money driven, there are also hundreds of players that would be very thankful for even the small opportunity to play for Man Utd. Those are the players that we should aspire to get hold of because if they play for the badge to 100% then they will likely perform much better

yeah, like Evans, Jones, McNair, Blackett, Wilson

....they might want to play for the badge 100%, but they shouldn't...not good enough and mostly shite to watch. Football is after all an entertainment industry

Yeah I am pretty sure that there's plenty of average players around who would love to play at a top club. Take OShea as an example. He never complained, he always gave his 100 percent and tried to stay with us till the end. There again the alternative for United for this guy was Sunderland and not Real Madrid

The more talent a player has the more clubs there are to court him. In rare cases the player will remain at the club irrespective of what others offer him for the simple reason that he loves the place. However these players are rare. FFS even the likes of Bastian and Ramos are considering moving clubs these days for an extra pound or two.

Di Maria will be a huge loss for us this season if we sell him. With a solid midfield he would be devastating in a free role on the left or just inside. Lets hope this does not happen.

yeah, like Evans, Jones, McNair, Blackett, Wilson

....they might want to play for the badge 100%, but they shouldn't...not good enough and mostly shite to watch. Football is after all an entertainment industry
Or like Scholes, giggs, nev, even players like Rooney, Rio vidic etc etc. of course it goes both ways but surely it goes without saying that players that want to play for the club first and foremost should be top priority because you will never doubt their heart. Also as a side only Evans on that list is poor and even he has had a good Utd career by for most people, the others are still very very young and could easily turn into good players or at the very least valuable squad players.

Dont get it either. Maybe its easy to say it now cos I dont have one, but my wife will never be able to force me to move from a more competitive and enjoyable work environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.