Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 75% of your money back. For many reasons, he didn't have a great time of it at United last season, so expecting all your money back I think is far fetched. £50m if PSG offer that would be a good deal for all i think.

How much did Chelsea sign Felipe Luis for?

According to reports, HE wants out and is pushing for it. If after a difficult first season, his instinct is to bail out and run off to an easy league then it says more about him to be honest. I'm not losing any sleep about this, he's very easily replaceable.

That's the bottom line. It would be a little hasty if Van Gaal is forcing him out of the club after underwhelming in his debut season but if the player himself is looking for a move then feck him. He didn't exactly look committed last season. If his heart's not in it we can expect more of the same. Hopefully he can be replaced by someone with a bit more backbone.

Even if he is off - which he may be, I'm no more clued in than anyone else on here - people have been posting like he is for 30 odd pages. Even if they were only spawned from an egg 5 years ago, they'd still surely be aware of the low statistical pay off for United related transfer rumours? I feel like ive finally hit upon the perfect criteria for a fair and just population cull.

It's easy to be dismissive about red top rumours but all the players who we did sign/sell this summer were predicted to move by those same papers weeks in advance of anything official, with the potential moves discussed at length in various threads beforehand.

To people still believing PSG won't afford him, they "just" need to sell a few of their players and possibly even a big name of theirs to have no pb from a financial POV. If he leaves then I'll be glad we'll rid ourselves of such a weak player from a psychogical POV.

Would certainly fit my idea that he's always been a mercenary looking for the biggest pay cheque

Sets a bad precedent in the post Fergie Era if we sell.

Foreign big names may be weary of coming here.

Selling after a poor second half of a debut season is not right. Especially if you consider what he showed in the first half of the season.

I think he doesn't want to stay. I wonder if he wanted to come to United in the first place

I think Van Gaal may want rid personally. There was no mention of Di Maria when asked a question about selecting his starting 11 from these current friendlies he only mentioned Fellaini (3 match ban) and Goss as missing in his after match press this morning (Could possibly be due to the fact Di Maria is not on tour yet, as Hernandez wasnt mentioned either but im not sure). Could van Gaal/ the club be pushing him out?

Also not sure if it was fake or B/S but i saw a tweet from someone on twitter asking Di Marias wife to tell him to stay. In which she replied its up to Van Gaal or something to that effect. I will see if i can did it out, apologies in advance if it is indeed BS. But im sure we will get closure in the next couple of days as he is due to join the group on tour then.

If he wants to go let him, if he wants to fight it out leave him. I think that's the situation anyway if you ask LVG.
If he does leave we should get a new forward in any case.

I'd be disappointed if he left because he's so talented at his best but if it is him pushing for the move it really doesn't reflect well on Di Maria.

There were definitely games last season where he looked like he didn't give a feck and if he wants out already he's a bit of a coward and we'd be best shot of him. You want players who are willing to fight for their place, it looks like Di Maria is just giving up instantly.

We bought him for 65 million euro's which could rise to 75 million (add-ons). Probably a lot of add-ons havent been reached yet because we didnt win any trophies as a team, and he didnt individually. PSG now want to pay 65 million euro's with bonus. So you might as well say we've basically got the money back and if you're an optimist, theoretically we might even make profit on the transfer fee in the long run.

Starting to look more and more likely that he will be leaving. I just really hope that it isn't Pedro we are replacing him with, Talk about taking one step forward and two back.

If we get someone like Muller and end up selling di Maria, I won't worry too much. It will be disappointing to have yet another top class south American not making expected mark at the club but at least we will have a world class player in as replacement and someone who has played under Van Gaal before.

Starting to look more and more likely that he will be leaving. I just really hope that it isn't Pedro we are replacing him with, Talk about taking one step forward and two back.
I think that Pedro in general would be a good addition but we need someone better to replace Di Maria.

There's a lack of genuine ability to scare the pants off defenders in this team. We need one or two who can run at defenders, operate in tight spaces and break the process of constant sideways passing with some individual brilliance once in a while.

If we get someone like Muller and end up selling di Maria, I won't worry too much. It will be disappointing to have yet another top class south American not making expected mark at the club but at least we will have a world class player in as replacement and someone who has played under Van Gaal before.

there's no one like bale/muller available that's why i am worried.

He'd probably have thrived under a different manager. It's a pity, thought he was a breath of fresh air early on last season.

But seriously, I don't think he'll want to spend the next season trying to get off the bench for 15-20mins here and there. And we'll probably realise this is our best and last chance to recoup a large chunk of our money back. This move is going to happen. Can't say I'm happy about it, but I can understand why.

British transfer record, could leave after 12 months and the club could lose 10-15 mil

Should go down as the worst signing of all time if this happens.

British transfer record, could leave after 12 months and the club could lose 10-15 mil

Worse than Torres? Don't get me wrong, I think it's obviously a bad deal all things considered if he's sold at a loss within a year...but is it worse than losing a £50m investment for nothing, especially after he scored one goal in his first (half) season?

Exactly, this is why I don't think woody would do it. Embarrassing for the club.

If player is really unhappy to stay here, its better to sell him,but we are losing top class talent here.

Worse than Torres? Don't get me wrong, I think it's obviously a bad deal all things considered if he's sold at a loss within a year...but is it worse than losing a £50m investment for nothing, especially after he scored one goal in his first (half) season?
By a mile

At least an effort was made from both club and player to make Torres a success, this is just pathetic

I can't make up my mind who I blame more for the cock up but it's a sorry state of affairs

I think that Pedro in general would be a good addition but we need someone better to replace Di Maria.

There's a lack of genuine ability to scare the pants off defenders in this team. We need one or two who can run at defenders, operate in tight spaces and break the process of constant sideways passing with some individual brilliance once in a while.

That's the current issue we have. There is a real lack of it in our current squad if we are being honest, That's why a 'workman' winger like Pedro wouldn't be a great replacement, Yes he would probably provide more goals but that's what Memphis role will be, To provide goals from the width, We need brilliance and looking at potential options out there only Bale \ Reus would spring to mind to replace him and there is no chance we will get any of them this Summer.

there's no one like bale/muller available that's why i am worried.

Then we can take a stand of not selling di Maria. From LvG's comments I get the feeling he wants to talk with di Maria first and understand why he wants to leave. Maybe he will try to convince di Maria by promising regular game time. Let's face it, players get unhappy and grumpy all the time. Doesn't result in them being sold. Suarez before 2013-14 season had gone to much farther lengths to get transfer and yet was not sold. di Maria on contrary has said couple of times already that he wants to stay & fight. So, some talk with team mates, LvG and he can be convinced.

Which would be an absolutely terrible reason to hold onto a player who wants out under a manager who doesn't rate him.

if lvg didn't rate him he wouldn't of okayed the signing of him, especially at 53 mil. LVG also named dropped him before we signed him.

Also again, di maria hasn't said he's wanted out. He's said the opposite.

Really disappointing this. I'm surprised that he isn't getting at least another season but he must really wanna go. Club record signing, given the number 7 shirt and he's going after a season. Shite.

if lvg didn't rate him he wouldn't of okayed the signing of him, especially at 53 mil. LVG also named dropped him before we signed him.

Also again, di maria hasn't said he's wanted out. He's said the opposite.

I don't know if Van Gaal rates him or not. I'm talking about a hypothetical situation where he doesn't see a place for him in our team but Woody won't sell because it would be "embarrassing for the club". The only factors that matter here are whether or not Van Gaal rates Di Maria (after working with him for a year, he may well have a different opinion to the one he held when he ok'd the signing) and how badly Di Maria wants to stay at United. If the manager or the player aren't 100% committed then we need to get rid pronto, no matter how embarrassing that would be for the club.

On the positive we can now give Memphis the number 7 shirt which I honestly think he is destined to wear eventually

If he does move we can come to a variety of conclusions.

1) He never wanted to be here, which can be emphasised by the manner of his Madrid exit.

2) He was a commercial signing which perhaps LVG thought he could adapt to his team, but ultimately failed. His stock was at the highest it's ever been last summer, and with the Adidas deal in mind I do believe we stumped up big bucks for commercial business reasons

3) Mendes strikes again.

4) if he truly doesn't want to be here and we recoup the majority of the money back, it doesn't bother me that much. But if Marquee minded Ed lets him go at a big loss, I question his logic behind sales again.

I seriously hope all those Pedro rumors are bullshit because he would be such an underwhelming signing.

such a mistake to sell him. Such an effin mistake.

Such a mistake to buy him but hindsight is easy. Falcao was shit but at least he did wanna stay and he tried his best (it wasn't nearly good enough).

Wouldn't mind at all if we sold him. If he wanted to stay he could've ended this long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.