Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scored at a decent rate last season given his limited minutes..but at the same time when you've got Ronaldo, Bale, Rodriguez, Isco, Kroos, Modric, Asensio, Marcelo and Carvajal sorting you out, you will score!

Think it's a shit tonne of money for a player who really can go one way or the other. He's not a sure thing...but he is built like a proper striker should be and just needs regular game time to prove it.

Jose always said he wanted 2 strikers. Morata + Belotti especially now Zlatan+no Griezmann seems almost a must, rather than a possibility.

One thing to remember when talking about fees is the massive increase in revenue.
DBlHeB-XoAQh8fa.jpg:large

So the sum Liverpool wanted to pay for van Dijk, which was ridiculed, is relatively speaking far less than the 8 million they paid for Collymore in 1995. I would presume our numbers are even more extreme. 60, 70 or whatever is not that important as long as we get our man.

PS: The source for the pic is @bojochris on twitter.

In the end that Van Dijk deal went even cheaper. Only needed to apologize.

I doubt that. People constantly give Pogba (who btw is a midfielder) stick for not scoring enogh goals for a £90m player. If anything Morata will be expected to score more than Pogba.
Well, even if he cost £10m, I'd expect him to score more than Pogba.

Jose always said he wanted 2 strikers. Morata + Belotti especially now Zlatan+no Griezmann seems almost a must, rather than a possibility.
Somehow I don't see us getting both of them. We are going to play in a one-striker system and already have Rashford and Martial. If one of them was a secondary striker like Griezmann or Rooney, atleast then it would make sense.

Important we get the right players around him now.

This. Imo, he will never be game changer who win us games like RVP or Ronaldo. So i think we need another attacking player who can score goals. Rodriguez/Griezmann/Robben etc. Him + Griezmann sounds good but that ship sailed already.

Somehow I don't see us getting both of them. We are going to play in a one-striker system and already have Rashford and Martial. If one of them was a secondary striker like Griezmann or Rooney, atleast then it would make sense.
People keep mentioning Martial, but it's fairly obvious Jose doesn't think much of him.

For feck sakes, none of us know anything for a fact on this forum, most of it is based off quotes and our opinions.

If you need a pep talk about how good you are before matches from uncle paddy, that's pretty much a weak mentality issue.
If you dont know it for a fact, then refrain from making declarative statements on things you dont know.

We will have lots of games next year. At times we will play 4-4-2 also. If we get Fabinho we can happily play Pogba/Fabinho in a 2 man midfield with Morata/Belotti upfront.

He's my pick out of the linked strikers, I feel he will do well here. Mourinho knows him, he gave him his debut so I'm confident Jose knows what he's doing.

I think we'll get him for around 67m

I really like his all around game and his ability in wide areas to take players on is top notch. I think Martial will find him an easier reference point to play off of than Zlatan because of how much more static he was. Morata has always struck me as a striker that can provide goals, but who is also excellent at bringing others into play.

I hope morata proves us wrong if signed.

1. A regular bench player at madrid.
2. Italian players not sucessful in the premiere league.
3.expensive buy with 60 to 70 mil.
( price of pogba has escalated the market)
:lol:

Real are demanding €90m for Morata when they pay him €2.5m/year salary and they reject a very reasnonable transfer fee of €68m from United. Zidane will play fellow Frenchman Benzema ahead of Morata and when Mbappe arrives, he'll play him ahead of Morata as well. If there was ever a claim of slavery to be made, it's Real's refusal to allow Morata to leave for playing time and get paid.

Real is never going to pay Morata a salary that reflects the transfer fee they are demanding. Not with Benzema and Mbappe being Zidane's first choice. Morata's agent needs to be demanding justice for his client.

Would be the most antimuppet starting striker signing ever.

The return of the cheerful one.

I hope morata proves us wrong if signed.

1. A regular bench player at madrid.
2. Italian players not sucessful in the premiere league.
3.expensive buy with 60 to 70 mil.
( price of pogba has escalated the market)

Gabbiadini was good, I thought.

Ibra is a world class striker. Morata is Real's bench warmer. I am not saying that the latter is a bad player however can he really replace a force of nature?

When Zlatan was Morata's age he had scored 48 goals for Ajax and 18 for Malmo.

Morata has 27 for Juventus and 31 for Madrid.

I'd take a second look at his conversion rate if I were you. Ibragod squandered quite a few chances the meh team created for him.

If it was that easy then how come the likes of Martial, Rashford and the white Pele couldn't score more goals? Are they not good enough?

Real are demanding €90m for Morata when they pay him €2.5m/year salary and they reject a very reasnonable transfer fee of €68m from United. Zidane will play fellow Frenchman Benzema ahead of Morata and when Mbappe arrives, he'll play him ahead of Morata as well. If there was ever a claim of slavery to be made, it's Real's refusal to allow Morata to leave for playing time and get paid.

Real is never going to pay Morata a salary that reflects the transfer fee they are demanding. Not with Benzema and Mbappe being Zidane's first choice. Morata's agent needs to be demanding justice for his client.

That bald headed little gnome Blatter would have been in the press with his slavery comments already if the roles was reversed.

When Zlatan was Morata's age he had scored 48 goals for Ajax and 18 for Malmo.

Morata has 27 for Juventus and 31 for Madrid.

true. There again, there seem to be a lack of top quality strikers around which makes it easier for young players to breakthrough

Zlatan is stronger, more technical and has a better first touch, speed is the only thing Morata has on Zlatan which is important no doubt. I like Morata but if he's the guy to lead our lines when we go for all throphies it will be hard. To compete at the top you need top players. Morata isn't even close to a Rooney, RVN or RVP in his prime and if he was he wouldn't have been benched even in Real Madrid.

Zlatan was a temporary fix, Morata is an investment and sorry I dont rate him as others do. This is most likely the best he'll be since he's 25 already and not a young talent to develop. But as I said we don't have any choises and we need a striker. I really hope I'll be wrong and he sets the PL on fire.
He's not 25 for almost another 5 months, since when was that peak age for a striker?

He was Madrid's second top scorer this last season. I feel he's being hugely underrated by some people here.

Spanish Welbeck? Welbeck is a bottler, I've never seen Morata bottle it on a consistent basis. Please enlighten me if otherwise.

Just to think that few days ago I was so pissed at the thought of Morata moving to AC Milan. And now it looks like he will be our first summer signing. I can tell you without doubt muppet God exists.

I think he will do big things for us. Big things!

Charlie Adam is available on a free as well, he can do a job.

Your obvisouly being sarcastic, but I fail to see how Defoe wouldn't be a good option of the bench for a free. He scores goals, got pace, premier league proven and I'm sure he'll settle for a place on the bench for 1 year.

Would be a gamble but he did impress me when playing for Juve. Has bags of pace and hard to knock off the ball. Thats already half the battle won in the prem.

Distinctly remember him playing more on the wing at Juve hence his lesser goalscoring record? Someone else with more knowledge might be able to correct me on that.

He is definately in the right age bracket and has room to improve. Only problem is we are keeping him for a maximum of 3-4 years before madrid come calling for him back.

Morata is Italian, the Spanish Welbeck/Giroud, what else? Just tells you how many people in this thread know anything about Morata.

Looking at his stats on wikipedia doesn't make you an expert.

I don't even know why you comment on a player you haven't even bothered to watch consistently.

If it was that easy then how come the likes of Martial, Rashford and the white Pele couldn't score more goals? Are they not good enough?

What do they have to do with him missing chances? This I'm guessing is why we're in for a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.