Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that at least half our fans on the caf are actually insane.

We're about to buy a potentially excellent striker who is right in the age bracket we need.

Not only this, but this signing will likely be the first of four or five signings united make this summer. You have to trust this manager that he knows exactly what he's doing and just maybe knows a thing or two more than any of us about building a title winning side.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just sick to death of the whining.

Being critical is a part of forums. Not everything that the club does will be seen equally by the each an every fan. Fair enough if a majority of the fans think we are getting an excellent player but it's also quite possible that many other fans watched a player and didn't see anything worth getting excited about.

The replacement is an inferior by a good margain even if he's 10 years younger, that's the problem. But nothing else is available for us so...

And why is this?

You don't think Morata will score 17 premier league goals next year? I will take that bet.

Zlatan gets so much credit for his rep. He was good, but hardly a phenomenon. Its not as if he was leading the golden boot race or even in contention. He came in for one year, did a job and now quite rightly is being replaced with a long term option - what we should have done in the first place

I disagree. He came to the epl at age 35 and scored a lionshare of our goals something neither the white pele nor rashford was able to do. Theres a reason why we will probably spend 70m+ to replace him

Ibra is a world class striker. Morata is Real's bench warmer. I am not saying that the latter is a bad player however can he really replace a force of nature?

Heh, Ibra was world class for us this season? Think some people need to stop taking previous seasons into concideration when they talk about Zlatan. He had a good season for us concidering his age, but he wasn't even close to what he's been earlier in his career.

I hope morata proves us wrong if signed.

1. A regular bench player at madrid.
2. Italian players not sucessful in the premiere league.
3.expensive buy with 60 to 70 mil.
( price of pogba has escalated the market)

Are you related to @P-Nut0712 by any chance?

I hope morata proves us wrong if signed.

1. A regular bench player at madrid.
2. Italian players not sucessful in the premiere league.
3.expensive buy with 60 to 70 mil.
( price of pogba has escalated the market)
Proves who wrong? the people who claim he's shit without knowing enough about him to even realise he's fecking Spanish?

Heh, Ibra was world class for us this season? Think some people need to stop taking previous seasons into concideration when they talk about Zlatan. He had a good season for us concidering his age, but he wasn't even close to what he's been earlier in his career.

He scored a big share of our goals at age 35, in his first season in the epl and despite plating in a meah team. He was far better then all our forwards put together

I'm a big fan of Zlatan but by what metric is Morata "inferior by a good margin"?

Zlatan is stronger, more technical and has a better first touch, speed is the only thing Morata has on Zlatan which is important no doubt. I like Morata but if he's the guy to lead our lines when we go for all throphies it will be hard. To compete at the top you need top players. Morata isn't even close to a Rooney, RVN or RVP in his prime and if he was he wouldn't have been benched even in Real Madrid.

Zlatan was a temporary fix, Morata is an investment and sorry I dont rate him as others do. This is most likely the best he'll be since he's 25 already and not a young talent to develop. But as I said we don't have any choises and we need a striker. I really hope I'll be wrong and he sets the PL on fire.

Zlatan is stronger, more technical and has a better first touch, speed is the only thing Morata has on Zlatan which is important no doubt. I like Morata but if he's the guy to lead our lines when we go for all throphies it will be hard. To compete at the top you need top players. Morata isn't even close to a Rooney, RVN or RVP in his prime and if he was he wouldn't have been benched even in Real Madrid.

Zlatan was a temporary fix, Morata is an investment and sorry I dont rate him as others do. This is most likely the best he'll be since he's 25 already and not a young talent to develop. But as I said we don't have any choises and we need a striker. I really hope I'll be wrong and he sets the PL on fire.
Morata is a better finisher than Zlatan by a fair bit and that counts for a lot for us right now.

Torres moved to Liverpool at the age of 23. Looking at total goals per season, he managed to outscore Morata's last season's goal tally only once and that was by 1 goal. Now, Atletico as a team wasn't able to produce as much chances as this Madrid team but he was also a starter at Atletico with way more minutes in his seasons before the transfer.

He was tailor-made for Benitez system at the time. Looking at Mourinho system, this transfer also looks very promising. Really hope this go through.
that's a great point @Jim Beam

if he's the man Jose wants he obviously has a plan for him - he knows the player well and that should let us see the best of him..... maybe he can be as explosive as Torres was

I thought they are both strikers? Unless we are going to play a 442

Yes both are strikers. Just a feeling I have.

I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that at least half our fans on the caf are actually insane.

We're about to buy a potentially excellent striker who is right in the age bracket we need.

Not only this, but this signing will likely be the first of four or five signings united make this summer. You have to trust this manager that he knows exactly what he's doing and just maybe knows a thing or two more than any of us about building a title winning side.

Sorry for the rant but I'm just sick to death of the whining.

Exactly this. Jose Mourinho hasn't won as many trophies as he has by not knowing what he is doing.

Who was that poster that screamed "butter my arse" when we were linked with mkhitaryan pogba and zlatan last summer? Things seemed to progress quickly when he seemingly did the necessary.

Jesus I remember that, most random post and possibly the funniest post Ive ever seen here. Laughing now even recalling it. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

*Edit* @Werder Herzog in the Paul Pogba thread.

When a person doesn't even know the players nationality they really shouldn't be allowed to have an opinion...

Wouldn't it be better to sign some stop-gap (like Zlatan), give Rashford and Martial more time up from and wait for better options next summer?

For that price we're basically going all-in with Morata and hoping he'll adapt quickly to a new league, develop much further than the level he is right now...that's a lot of assumptions for me, personally.

Juventus thought they'd do better
than Morata, Madrid also. I know we're far off those but come on, shouldn't we also try and do better?
Now you are just making your own facts.

He left Juventus because the European champions activated his buyout clause.

The only problem I have with these big fees is, the pressure it puts on the player especially the younger ones. Whenever a player is bought for huge money he's expected to hit the ground running.

23-24 years old Zlatan 92 Appearances 26 goals for Juve
22-23 years old Morata 93 Apps 27 goals for Juve

Pretty similar record. Not all players greats from the get go unless they are Messi/Ronaldo(the Brazilian one).
Not saying he's gonna end up as good as Zlatan is/was, but his goal scoring record is pretty good for his age.
No its not. See Harry Kane. Age isn't that important in football

Maybe a 3-5-2?

---------------DDG--------------
-----Bailly--Lindelof--Rojo------
Valencia-----Herrera-----Perisic
------Mikhitaryan--Pogba--------
--------Morata---Belotti---------

That's never gonna happen

One thing to remember when talking about fees is the massive increase in revenue.
DBlHeB-XoAQh8fa.jpg:large

So the sum Liverpool wanted to pay for van Dijk, which was ridiculed, is relatively speaking far less than the 8 million they paid for Collymore in 1995. I would presume our numbers are even more extreme. 60, 70 or whatever is not that important as long as we get our man.

PS: The source for the pic is @bojochris on twitter.

Terrible journalist.

I don't believe we'll go for both at the same time considering their price. Can you imagine spending 60m on Morata and 80m on Belotti ? about +140m spent on 2 strikers only, what will we pay for the rest of our transfers ?

We'll only get another striker if a cheap option is present.

We should have signed Defoe, he would have been perfect to have on the bench.

The only problem I have with these big fees is, the pressure it puts on the player especially the younger ones. Whenever a player is bought for huge money he's expected to hit the ground running.
He's 25 and has played for Madrid and Juventus. The price shouldn't faze him. And anyway no one expects him to score too many.

Wasn't overly keen on Morata, but I'm starting to warm to the idea. I'm hoping he will be similar to Diego Costa (minus the being a twat part), someone who doesn't look like he excels at any one particular part of the game, but just constantly scores goals.

He scored a big share of our goals at age 35, in his first season in the epl and despite plating in a meah team. He was far better then all our forwards put together

Yes he scored the most goals out of a Group of forwards who didnt score close to enough goals. He was good, not fantastic. He was also slow and imo this badly crippled our ability to flow forward with the ball. I also vaguely recall a long stretch without any goals at all. Again; he was still good, but not phenomenal.

The 35 year old Zlatan isnt the same as the 30 year old one and some folks struggle to seperate the two imo.

Call me miserable but this signing just doesn't excite me at all. Hope to be proven wrong.

I'd take a second look at his conversion rate if I were you. Ibragod squandered quite a few chances the meh team created for him.

I'd be happy with this signing. I think he'll score 25+ goals easily enough.

Just interesting to see what his link up play with the others in like.

He's 25 and has played for Madrid and Juventus. The price shouldn't faze him. And anyway no one expects him to score too many.
I doubt that. People constantly give Pogba (who btw is a midfielder) stick for not scoring enogh goals for a £90m player. If anything Morata will be expected to score more than Pogba.

It wont be that much of a burden as every tom dick and harry is going for 50m+ and big money signings are too common now a days

Status
Not open for further replies.