Álvaro Morata | Chelsea player

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when you say "his scoring record" you ignore the latest season and ignore the record per minute and per chance?

To try and help, they've been posted since I quoted you and are very good.
No I don't. I'm pointing out the difference between scoring record and chance conversion. I only included the Juve stats as I'm on my phone.

Than he should try and make Madrid lower their demands if he's really that keen on playing for us.
That would make the transfer drag all summer by which time someone who's ready to pay what they are demanding will show up and steal him from under our nose. Not the first time it happened to us.

That would make the transfer drag all summer by which time someone who's ready to pay what they are demanding will show up and steal him from under our nose. Not the first time it happened to us.

Who will that be? I dont see anyone spending 80m on Morata, seriously.

After the lunacy of signing a short term option to address a long term objective last season, I am delighted to see us go out and get a young, talented striker who will lead our line for years to come

Who will that be? I dont see anyone spending 80m on Morata, seriously.
You don't see anyone spending 80m euros on Morata when teams are spending 40m euros on a goalkeeper who's barely played a full season of first team football in the Portuguese league and clubs demanding close to 100m for Lukaku who's only got under 2 years left on his contract?

He's no peak RVP or Rooney yet but he's got great potential and I think PL would suit him the most.

Yeah sadly he is a good player. Can only hope he doesn't improve under Jose if this happens.

Lower our previous offer and let him stay at Real they are looking to clear players out, he is a reserve/squad player for them. Any team that has the despicable Ramos in it should be shunned.

You don't see anyone spending 80m euros on Morata when teams are spending 40m euros on a goalkeeper who's barely played a full season of first team football in the Portuguese league?

You come up with City? Lukaku goes to Chelsea, Barca wont buy him, City wont buy him, Bayern wont buy him either and PSG will buy Aubameyang. I genuinely dont see a club spending 80m on Morata, i am afraid. Milan would buy him, but more for 50 or 60m going by their bids and what they already spend. They also want Costa/Belotti now.

surprised there isn't more positivity around us signing one of Madrid's golden home-growns at a pivotal point in his career. This isn't a case of getting a Madrid castaway

This would likely mean that no Mbappe for us. Oh well, the immediate needs are more important, and hopefully Martial and Rashford will kick on massively

Morata is no worse than them though, none of them would displace Benzema at Real Madrid.
If Lukaku was at Juve, they would not be forking out 90 mill on Higuain. Aubemeyang has scored goals consistently in a top league for years. Morata is the only player that doesn't have to score goals but still get the same appraisal. If he was French, people would call him Giroud. If he was Portuguese, they'd call him Nuno Gomes. I hope he turns out to be the next Raul.

:lol: You really think a £3bn company will lower their demands and charge less money if the player asks them?

He stated that he wants more minutes in order to be part of the squad that will travel to Russia WC2018, and considering he's been their loyal servant and helped them win stuff, don't see why wouldn't they lower their demands?

Besides no club wants to keep an unhappy player in their squad. But hey don't let that take your cynical smirk down.

There aren't many clubs that can pay up what Madrid's asking tbh. PSG is keen on Aubameyang, Chelsea wants Lukaku, Milan got no cash and Juve has Higuain.

Looks like this Twitter guy is just a reporter on the Real M side of things. Probably biased.

Yeah I thought so too. Plus Madrid are known for leaking stuff to their domestic press in order to boost the price or make an interest in a player they want to sell.

Morata is a great buy. Good enough to lead the line given opportunities, at the right age, good technical ability, and lots of experience. We still need another attacker (be it a 10, or a winger), but this is a great first signing.

Hopefully we get this done. I just hope he isn't the only attacker we bring in as that'd be incredibly risky.

Please announce Morata to fill the void in my heart from Zlatan being released.

Please announce Morata to fill the void in my heart from Zlatan being released.

Ibra is a world class striker. Morata is Real's bench warmer. I am not saying that the latter is a bad player however can he really replace a force of nature?

His scoring record at RM seems good as many have mentioned, but I always had the impression that he either came on and scored when Madrid were already dominating and 3-0 up against a deflated defence, or he'd start against the real minnows of the league. This would somewhat undermine the scoring record, is it a valid impression of him?

Can't get excited about this signing at all especially if we pay what Real is reportedly asking for. They'll take our 80m odd and walk straight to Monaco and seal the boy wonder who genuinely has the talent to one day become world class. Good for them.

Who cares what they do with the money. Mpabbe is going to be a Real Madrid player eventually regardless. Prefer us not feck around sending stupid bids at Monaco wasting time this window when he won't leave Monaco this season in all likelihood, especially not to us when his dream club is willing to pay just as much to get him.

Someone said he scores tap ins and headers ? Just go get Chicharito.

Morata is miles better than any of our forwards. Would welcome him with open arms for anything less than £70m. I think he will take the league by storm with Mourinho putting his full trust in him.

If Lukaku was at Juve, they would not be forking out 90 mill on Higuain. Aubemeyang has scored goals consistently in a top league for years. Morata is the only player that doesn't have to score goals but still get the same appraisal. If he was French, people would call him Giroud. If he was Portuguese, they'd call him Nuno Gomes. I hope he turns out to be the next Raul.

Are they capable of taking on entire bayern defense like this?

Typically this kind of thing I could see helping the gaining club get a better price, but Real won't have it. I think his price goes up now. £80M minimum me thinks.

But whatever, huge need filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.